dunk

Default Re: the veron sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Ruud, for one.
Saha, for two.

Unread 22-09-2009, 11:58 PM
Pop

Default Re: Fergie's Press Conference today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

In fact, as I recall, most of his second season was dogged with stories of returns to Italy and talks with Inter. He wanted out the whole time.
Every time he was injured at Utd he was treated in Rome by Lazio's medical staff

Strange to say the least.

Unread 22-09-2009, 11:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Every time he was injured at Utd he was treated in Rome by Lazio's medical staff

As I say, he never wanted to leave, if not for the passport scandal he would never have left Italy.

Unread 23-09-2009, 12:00 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

he came with a two year free service guarantee.

Unread 23-09-2009, 12:01 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
he came with a two year free service guarantee.

And so he £#%&!ing should for the price we paid for him and the interest free finance deal we did on Jaap

Unread 23-09-2009, 12:03 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

And so he £#%&!ing should for the price we paid for him and the interest free finance deal we did on Jaap
all's well that ends well, following the successful Da Silva buy one, get one free in Rio's duty free

Unread 23-09-2009, 02:51 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Keane has admitted that he treated him like shit. He wasn't welcomed into the squad probably because Keane thought he might replace him. He said he used to go for long walks at night on his own just to think things through, I felt for the guy tbh. We paid a shit load for a world class player who was outperforming Zidane in the same league and a couple of years later sold an empty shell of a footballer.
Where's Keane admitted this? Google that and this thread is the only thing that remotely comes up

Unread 23-09-2009, 04:38 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
I liked Veron a lot, too, but the proof in the pudding is what he achieved after he was sold by the holidaying/non holidaying Ferguson. bugger all, really. if he was a truly great player, I am sure we would have seen it after he left. we didn't...
I gather you don't think South American football 'counts,' but what he's achieved at his boyhood club Estudiantes in the last couple of seasons has been impressive. He's been arguably the best and most consistent player on the continent, led his side to the second biggest club trophy in world football, and earned himself a recall to the national side. He's been in cracking form, simply because he's been healthy and motivated.

Unread 23-09-2009, 07:58 AM
elephantstone

Veron used to call round to keanes to walk triggs. Keane still sends veron pics of triggs and when juan rings up royston puts the phone to triggs and says say hello to uncle seba

Unread 23-09-2009, 08:06 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
Veron used to call round to keanes to walk triggs. Keane still sends veron pics of triggs and when juan rings up royston puts the phone to triggs and says say hello to uncle seba

Triggs pictured outside Estudiantes' ground

Unread 23-09-2009, 09:58 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I gather you don't think South American football 'counts,' but what he's achieved at his boyhood club Estudiantes in the last couple of seasons has been impressive. He's been arguably the best and most consistent player on the continent, led his side to the second biggest club trophy in world football, and earned himself a recall to the national side. He's been in cracking form, simply because he's been healthy and motivated.

Don't follow South American football but have (just) read about his exploits there. Yes, he certainly seems to have done well. Very well. Especially last year...

I had based my judgements more on his post Utd 'European' performances, which let's be honest, were not of consistent 'world class' standard (and neither were those he was putting in for the national team)...

I did really, really like him though, and was prety gutted when we let him go. There is no question whatsoever on his ability to nail a pass, and general footballing vision was/is exquisite. However his lack of pace, phsyical attributes (and injuries) and attitude clearly hampered his overall 'package'.

Sad.

Unread 23-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Where's Keane admitted this? Google that and this thread is the only thing that remotely comes up
In his autobiography. I haven't got a copy before you ask what page it is. I was going off what people who have read it said. It's fairly common knowledge.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-84286488.html

Quote:
Since Veron's departure, former United captain Roy Keane has conceded he perhaps did not show his team-mate enough consideration and failed to give him enough time

You mustn't have searched very hard.
Closed Thread