United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-01-2018, 11:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
K.

Net spend with Mkhi going the other way? Thought the 'fee' that he's factored into his sums was nominal... not to mention Mkhi's wage is off the books.
I don’t believe he’ll be earning £26m a year tbh. Perhaps once signing on fee, agent fee etc. Is added.

WRT Mkhitaryan’s wages, are they really off the books if we’ve just had to pay them all as a golden handshake?

Unread 18-01-2018, 11:56 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Kind of think I'd like someone better than Alexis for this sort of cheese tbh
You’ll get the predictable abuse for that comment, but it’s a stealth truth bomb.

A ridiculous amount of cash to splurge on a 29 year old primadonna who was surplus to requirements at his last club.

Will take it though, as surely he’ll nail down that spot on the right and keep Mata out of the side. Just a shame that it probably means no Griezmann/Dybala.

Unread 19-01-2018, 12:00 AM
Switching Off

Virgil Van Dijk has a 4 and a half year contract worth 180k a week. Add in the 75m and that's £117,120,000.

Haven't seen any newspaper couch it in those terms obviously.

Unread 19-01-2018, 12:03 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Virgil Van Dijk has a 4 and a half year contract worth 180k a week. Add in the 75m and that's £117,120,000.

Obvs, media darlings and that..

I suppose we’re in a World in which if you want something you have to pay the going rate, and no other players worth the effort are likely to be available

Unread 19-01-2018, 12:05 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I don’t believe he’ll be earning £26m a year tbh. Perhaps once signing on fee, agent fee etc. Is added.

WRT Mkhitaryan’s wages, are they really off the books if we’ve just had to pay them all as a golden handshake?
Well, no, they wouldn't be.

But I'm not having it that we are paying him 140k a week to play for Arsenal, or 40k if they're paying him 100k, that doesn't seem to make any sense.

Unread 19-01-2018, 12:06 AM
browser

Quote:

Add on the 1m they spent on Flanagan tshirts plus the 3m they still spend a year on carrots for Carroll and he seems like loose change

Unread 19-01-2018, 12:09 AM
tatty

If Sanchez is one piece of a few planned for this window and the summer then great.

If the cost means he's the only piece then not so great.

Unread 19-01-2018, 12:10 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

I’m not sure he’s even top level. £180k per week

Would make Sanchez on £500k seem reaonable. I’m not arsed about the wages in principle, more the length of the commitment at his age. From a moral standpoint, English football needs to accept that the big dogs spend money with no FFP concerns

Unread 19-01-2018, 12:17 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
You’ll get the predictable abuse for that comment, but it’s a stealth truth bomb.

A ridiculous amount of cash to splurge on a 29 year old primadonna who was surplus to requirements at his last club.

Will take it though, as surely he’ll nail down that spot on the right and keep Mata out of the side. Just a shame that it probably means no Griezmann/Dybala.
Sanchez is a way better player than Griezmann.

Griezmann is a £#%&!ing weasel. He had his chance - £#%&! him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Incredible how everyone knows the exact details of a deal that hasn’t been signed yet
Yep. Absolutely hilarious. Will be City doing the briefing on this the transparent £#%&!wits.

Unread 19-01-2018, 12:19 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

Agreed tbh. Take Sanchez over him all day. We also have enough cringey dances going on ‘round here.

Reckon Griezmann was always going to Barca anyway. May have been a waste of time.

Unread 19-01-2018, 12:24 AM
andyroo

This narrative that's sprung up that the likes of Keown are keen to push, that going to United can't be a footballing decision because City are better than us, it's palpably absurd. Are we supposed to not even try to sign better players and compete with them, but just accept our place as second best then? I know we play like it in the big games, but that's no excuse to settle for it.

Unread 19-01-2018, 12:27 AM
Sparky***

Obviously should this happen i fully expect there to be lots of stories about how the knock on effect of this "outrageous transfer" will affect some £#%&!ing part timers in Premier South Bulmer's League or something. Manchester United DESTROYING FOOTBALL again. The monsters. A big page spread in the sun about some bloke who earns £20 a game whilst working as a plumber to support his family.

Obviously just conveniently ignore that the main reason the premier league generates so much money from overseas tv deals is because Manchester United made it watchable in the 90s.

Unread 19-01-2018, 12:28 AM
Cream

According to the Telegraph figures, Mkhi is currently on 180k a week.

Unread 19-01-2018, 12:29 AM
TheFatGoth

We'll sell him to Turkey in 2 years for 15m nqat

Unread 19-01-2018, 12:29 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

Yep. Absolutely hilarious. Will be City doing the briefing on this the transparent £#%&!wits.
Genuinely can’t believe some (even some clowns on here) are moaning about the ‘total figurezzz’ we are gonna pay. Who gives a £#%&!? We can afford it.

We’re swapping a fella who hasn’t been getting in our squad every week for Alexis £#%&!ing Sánchez, who we can all agree is in the top 3 players currently in the league. A swap ffs.

Ridiculously good business from United.

Unread 19-01-2018, 12:32 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Genuinely can’t believe some (even some clowns on here) are moaning about the ‘total figurezzz’ we are gonna pay. Who gives a £#%&!? We can afford it.

We’re swapping a fella who hasn’t been getting in our squad every week for Alexis £#%&!ing Sánchez, who we can all agree is in the top 3 players currently in the league. A swap ffs.

Removing mkhi's wage from the reported 490k a week, would leave around 310k. Rooney money.

Unread 19-01-2018, 12:34 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Incredible how everyone knows the exact details of a deal that hasn’t been signed yet
No doubt city briefing anyone that will listen. Probably what he asked from them and city assume we have to pay the same, or they’re making it up. Being sound journalists I’m sure they’ll verify it from multiple sources rather than just stick it out there.

Not a chance in hell his basic wage will be anywhere near it. Adding the signing on fee doesn’t count. That’s effectively part of his transfer fee. He’ll be around the same as pogba or Rooney last season.

Quote:

Plus the signing on and agent fees.

Barca have just paid 140m for coutinho ffs. Nowhere near as good as Sanchez. The total cost is probably double that of Sanchez.

Unread 19-01-2018, 12:39 AM
AnthonyMartial

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
This narrative that's sprung up that the likes of Keown are keen to push, that going to United can't be a footballing decision because City are better than us, it's palpably absurd. Are we supposed to not even try to sign better players and compete with them, but just accept our place as second best then? I know we play like it in the big games, but that's no excuse to settle for it.
As I said earlier City didn't even make an acceptable bid to Arsenal for the player.

He could have joined them in the summer for a 30 million signing on fee but he decided to join us for the money.

I suppose Arsenal should have just given him to City for free for the good of the game and we could have compensated Arsenal as punishment.

Unread 19-01-2018, 12:41 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
If Sanchez is one piece of a few planned for this window and the summer then great.

If the cost means he's the only piece then not so great.
Yeah, I’d be really upset if United never bought another player.

Unread 19-01-2018, 12:42 AM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Agreed

The leeches aka Glazers have taken plenty out of our club

I couldn't give a £#%&! how much we pay for transfers/signing on fees/ wages

As its coming out out their pockets, the more the better; @#%&!s
Closed Thread