United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-03-2015, 12:50 PM
Zorg

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Hi, I'm really thick. Despite reading that three times I have no idea what the £#%&! is going on.

Unread 04-03-2015, 12:56 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Hi, I'm really thick. Despite reading that three times I have no idea what the £#%&! is going on.
Presumably the programme had the 3 ex Southampton player sthat went to Liverpool in the crossword. Therefore they were mentioned and Brendan Rogers was WRONG

Unread 04-03-2015, 12:57 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
From my understanding, Brenton got a bit upset that Southampton didn't include any features on their ex-now-liverpool players in the programme for their recent game.

Unread 04-03-2015, 01:08 PM
Switching Off

Taking all the credit for a tactical switch leading to a run of good form yet I dont recall him accepting any blame for going out of Europe at the first hurdle twice in one season, or throwing away the title last Spring.

As ever, they've beaten City so they're the best team ever and Coutinho has scored twice do he's the best player in the world. One #@&%! on the Graun even said that on current form its disgraceful he didn't makr the Brazil squad for the world cup

Unread 04-03-2015, 02:00 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
One #@&%! on the Graun even said that on current form its disgraceful he didn't makr the Brazil squad for the world cup
Tbf having seen his defensive displays for Liverpool he would have stopped at least 5 of the goals conceded against Germany.

Unread 04-03-2015, 02:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Taking all the credit for a tactical switch leading to a run of good form yet I dont recall him accepting any blame for going out of Europe at the first hurdle twice in one season, or throwing away the title last Spring.

As ever, they've beaten City so they're the best team ever and Coutinho has scored twice do he's the best player in the world. One #@&%! on the Graun even said that on current form its disgraceful he didn't makr the Brazil squad for the world cup
City making the same mistake that we've done at Anfield countless times - playing the occasion rather than the team infront of you.

However, it still blows my mind that they got 3 penalties against us in one game at Old Trafford last season. Can you ever in your wildest imagination see that happening at Anfield? It just simply would not be allowed.

Unread 04-03-2015, 02:11 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
City making the same mistake that we've done at Anfield countless times - playing the occasion rather than the team infront of you.
Or its as simple as theyre not really arsed atm. Losing 0-2 twice at home to trash like Boro and arsenal. A james milner freekick in the 93rd minute away from losing at home to Hull aswell.

I know they dicked the barcodes but theyre utter £#%&! tbf.

Liverpool beating city is huge confidence wise, people can say what they want but if they get cl ahead of us it will reward the creepy ulsterman for at least being a forward thinking manager. It will also hugely embarrass the reputations of people like LvG and Pochettino who have stronger squads.

Unread 04-03-2015, 02:16 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Or its as simple as theyre not really arsed atm. Losing 0-2 twice at home to trash like Boro and arsenal. A james milner freekick in the 93rd minute away from losing at home to Hull aswell.

I know they dicked the barcodes but theyre utter £#%&! tbf.

Liverpool beating city is huge confidence wise, people can say what they want but if they get cl ahead of us it will reward the creepy ulsterman for at least being a forward thinking manager. It will also hugely embarrass the reputations of people like LvG and Pochettino who have stronger squads.
Liverpool spent £117m in the summer on 8 players so he's hardly working with a shoestring is he?

We're rebuilding a team that finished 7th and a manager that's been in the job 8 months.

Unread 04-03-2015, 02:18 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Liverpool spent £117m in the summer on 8 players so he's hardly working with a shoestring is he?

We're rebuilding a team that finished 7th and a manager that's been in the job 8 months.
Net spend!

Unread 04-03-2015, 02:19 PM
saffers

Quote:

He's not working with a shoestring of course but he bought lots of mediocre shit. (his own fault) Their squad certainly ain't better than ours or Spurs'.

Unread 04-03-2015, 02:35 PM
Felch

RAWK on Rodgers

"Rodgers and the expediency of the negative narrative"

- such narrative-driven comments often emerge on these boards especially when focusing on the negative. For two and half years now Brendan Rodgers has seen his Liverpool team emerge, grow, excite, stumble, regroup and “go again”. The general trajectory is one of progress, all be it not always linear progress. However, extrapolating overwhelming positives from what is happening at Liverpool under Rodgers is, in my opinion, the sensible approach

- we had the same narrative about his coaching staff. A narrative I, among others, fought against vehemently. It seems to be to be a "received wisdom"

- He's a proponent of the growth mindset (outlined by Dweck). He's constantly changing, refining and modifying the side and never standing still - it can always be better. Of course he can 'learn' but in the same way that any person breathing fresh air can learn. It's just the overt usage of the train of thought that grinds my gears.

- His potential is frightening.

- Copying the formation alone is not going to anyone good. The formation works for Rodgers, but his underlying principles and his application of the formation have been even more important

- Of course we should know better, so we have to back the manager for the same reason we dont eat at Burger King every day.

- Brendan's turned us around this season without having to buy players. He improved players, worked on the training ground and found systems to get more out of them. And that's what makes him such a gem.

- It's Irish. U2 had it. Van Morrisson had it. And Brendan has it.

- In my view, he had a significant hand, by commission and by omission, in us having a rather poor first roughly 2.5 months of the season (in the League and CL). He ought to get 'negative credit' (I don't want to use the term 'blame') for that, as well as get credit for the remainder of the season so far.

- The wider narrative, let's even call it The Plotline, that's what it is, essentially serves to make an ongoing soap opera out of the game.

- There is a 'positive narrative', too. It's also very expedient. Do not use the 'negative narrative' stuff to attack anyone who's ever been critical of Rodgers. There's a middle position between "faith in Rodgers" and "he's a fraud". There, more declarative. Perhaps 'joyless'

Unread 04-03-2015, 02:41 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felch
RAWK on Rodgers

"Rodgers and the expediency of the negative narrative"

- such narrative-driven comments often emerge on these boards especially when focusing on the negative. For two and half years now Brendan Rodgers has seen his Liverpool team emerge, grow, excite, stumble, regroup and “go again”. The general trajectory is one of progress, all be it not always linear progress. However, extrapolating overwhelming positives from what is happening at Liverpool under Rodgers is, in my opinion, the sensible approach

- we had the same narrative about his coaching staff. A narrative I, among others, fought against vehemently. It seems to be to be a "received wisdom"

- He's a proponent of the growth mindset (outlined by Dweck). He's constantly changing, refining and modifying the side and never standing still - it can always be better. Of course he can 'learn' but in the same way that any person breathing fresh air can learn. It's just the overt usage of the train of thought that grinds my gears.

- His potential is frightening.

- Copying the formation alone is not going to anyone good. The formation works for Rodgers, but his underlying principles and his application of the formation have been even more important

- Of course we should know better, so we have to back the manager for the same reason we dont eat at Burger King every day.

- Brendan's turned us around this season without having to buy players. He improved players, worked on the training ground and found systems to get more out of them. And that's what makes him such a gem.

- It's Irish. U2 had it. Van Morrisson had it. And Brendan has it.

- In my view, he had a significant hand, by commission and by omission, in us having a rather poor first roughly 2.5 months of the season (in the League and CL). He ought to get 'negative credit' (I don't want to use the term 'blame') for that, as well as get credit for the remainder of the season so far.

- The wider narrative, let's even call it The Plotline, that's what it is, essentially serves to make an ongoing soap opera out of the game.

- There is a 'positive narrative', too. It's also very expedient. Do not use the 'negative narrative' stuff to attack anyone who's ever been critical of Rodgers. There's a middle position between "faith in Rodgers" and "he's a fraud". There, more declarative. Perhaps 'joyless'

Unread 04-03-2015, 02:47 PM
Ben

negative credit

Unread 04-03-2015, 03:05 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
negative credit
and "non-linear progress" i.e. going backwards

Unread 04-03-2015, 03:13 PM
TheFatGoth

"It's Irish. U2 had it. Van Morrisson had it. And Brendan has it."

Unread 04-03-2015, 03:14 PM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
"It's Irish. U2 had it. Van Morrisson had it. And Brendan has it."

Easy - there is actually a lot of correlation in those 3, in that they're all massive @#%&!s

Unread 04-03-2015, 03:18 PM
Barksdale

Angry

I am very concerned about them.

You can't deny that the smug, c**ksure, arrogant #@&%! is doing a very good job there. Defence and goalkeeper are appalling but he's building a very exciting, fast, attacking team.

We need to get our shit together in the next year or so because all they need is a very good start. Chelsea won't win the league every year, arsenal will do nothing whilst wenger is in charge and city peaked and will now struggle to replace their stars with the same calibre of player.

Otherwise, can see them lot winning the league within 5 years.

£#%&!ing doom.

Unread 04-03-2015, 04:56 PM
red in cumbria

Losing Suarez set them back this season (even if they seem to be over the worst now) and some of their other star players may want away in the next few years as well.

Anyway I might be *microscopically* less homicidally hostile to the idea of them winning the PL once they have surpassed 26 years. 30 and counting would be nice, though

Unread 04-03-2015, 05:58 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barksdale
I am very concerned about them.

You can't deny that the smug, c**ksure, arrogant #@&%! is doing a very good job there. Defence and goalkeeper are appalling but he's building a very exciting, fast, attacking team.

We need to get our shit together in the next year or so because all they need is a very good start. Chelsea won't win the league every year, arsenal will do nothing whilst wenger is in charge and city peaked and will now struggle to replace their stars with the same calibre of player.

Otherwise, can see them lot winning the league within 5 years.

£#%&!ing doom.
They will never win the league.

Finish 4th? Very achievable given uniteds situation, arsenals enduring lack of balls, spurs being up and down etc.

Don't be fooled by their recent decent form, they will never be title winning quality. They were somehow 11 pts behind this weird united side a month and a bit ago... They couldnt even get over the line in a season where all fell for them last year. Everytime the title and liverpool is mentioned in the same sentence I think of demba, tony pulis and end up laughing hard.

Unread 04-03-2015, 06:09 PM
Switching Off

Saffers is right. They've been waiting years for Fergie to leave and they've wasted 2 seasons already. We will get our shit together eventually and between us, Chelsea and City they'll always be at least one team better than them.

Last season was a freak when they had a worldie playing out of his skin/for a move and 5 of the othet 6 clubs in the top 7 in a period of transition with a new manager. They £#%&!ed it up and they know it. Besiktas and Ludogorets have outplayed them this season. If they finish above us its our fault rather than them being better.
Closed Thread