United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-08-2014, 07:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
Do you ever say anything £#%&!ing positive?
Do you ever say anything halfway intelligent or realistic?

Quote:
Whats wrong with Blackett? Better than any of them in my opinion.

We can play 4-4-2 if need be. Its not an issue until we play Chesea IMO

That's a no then.

Unread 10-08-2014, 07:03 PM
gbmufc

Join the doom and gloom Carlos. Mid table if we are lucky eh?

Unread 10-08-2014, 07:04 PM
gbmufc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Do you ever say anything halfway intelligent or realistic?

That's a no then.
Well you have just proved that I am less of a clueless @#%&! than you

Unread 10-08-2014, 07:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Well you have just proved that I am less of a clueless @#%&! than you
Ok pal.

Unread 10-08-2014, 07:09 PM
MJ Ramone

Woody has talked the talk by stating that United aren't afraid to break transfer records in order to get their man (don't laugh) ...so he will look like a complete tit stain if we don't bring in a couple of big hitters over the coming weeks.

The fullback areas are naive & injury prone to £#%&!.
The centre halves are an accident waiting to happen.
We all know about the problems in central midfield.
..& Van Gaal has been quoted as saying our wingers are shit

Goals are a huge problem. Only Rooney & Van Persie regularly score goals.
Our goals return from midfield in recent years has been £#%&!ing shameful.

..none the less, I'm still looking forward to the new season tbh
We've lost a ton of experience but at least it's a (Moyes free)clean start.

Unread 10-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Whats wrong with Blackett? Better than any of them in my opinion.

We can play 4-4-2 if need be. Its not an issue until we play Chesea IMO
He may go on to great things but he is far from a top 4 centre back right now. He doesn't have the experience for one thing - perhaps he could have been thrown in at the deep end next to Rio and Vidic 5 years ago but now is not the time for a young lad to be thrown in.

Unread 10-08-2014, 07:19 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Join the doom and gloom Carlos. Mid table if we are lucky eh?
It's not doom at all.

Surely even the most positive person can see that in this 'summer of the great rebuild' wielding our 'unlimited' budget we're floundering. We've had 12 months to plan for this, we've lost 4 of the most experienced players at the club, 4 genuine captains and we've brought in 2 kids.

I'm very positive about the new season, looking forward to it more than I have done in years tbh, but we're about to start with one arm tied behind our backs.

We need strengthening, agreed? So why have we signed fewer players than any other club. 6 out + 2 in = 4 players down.

Your blasé claim that 'we're good enough to role (sic) with what we already have', doesn't quite stack up if you include reality in the equation.

Unread 10-08-2014, 07:20 PM
gbmufc

5 years ago he would have been 15. He`s good enough now so he is old enough. Glad you weren`t around in 1992

Unread 10-08-2014, 07:21 PM
waynes ear's

Pretty sure i've just seen our illustrious CEO on stretford road going towards OT in a massive Chevrolet

Clocking on, getting in the transfer bunker and knuckling down to some graft

Unread 10-08-2014, 07:22 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
5 years ago he would have been 15. He`s good enough now so he is old enough. Glad you weren`t around in 1992
Stop patronising people, you are sounding foolish.

Unread 10-08-2014, 07:35 PM
gbmufc

I am not patronising anyone. The transfer window shuts in 3 weeks time? We have been away in America for a month. The players we want are top draw so they decision wont be made over night. A bit like the RVP transfer maybe.

We have good enough players to handle the start of the season. I agree that if we do not sign anyone then its going to be a struggle to get back to where we belong but blaming Woodward isn`t necessarily the right angle here. we know Van gaal is particular in who and what he buys and he also likes bringing players through the ranks. maybe he has only identified one or two players? If Blind was on the list he would be here by now lets face it. If Van Gaal wants to sign a new player then IMO this season it has to be top draw..De maria or Vidal. We could go down the Liverpool route and fill our squad full of 10 million pounders but I don`t believe that van gaal would entertain that. remeber also that he is following the biggest failure management wise since Franky O`farell.

This is a comment he made to the press which explains quite a lot I think...

It is a strategy of Manchester United to do that. At this moment, we have five No.9s and four No.10s—and we don’t have wingers to give us attacking width.

Or, I should say, we don't have wingers of the highest level, like [Cristiano] Ronaldo or Di Maria or somebody like that. So, I have to play in another way – and you have seen that already. I only buy when I think we need to buy – in the position that is necessary.

Unread 10-08-2014, 07:38 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
It's not doom at all.

Surely even the most positive person can see that in this 'summer of the great rebuild' wielding our 'unlimited' budget we're floundering. We've had 12 months to plan for this, we've lost 4 of the most experienced players at the club, 4 genuine captains and we've brought in 2 kids.

I'm very positive about the new season, looking forward to it more than I have done in years tbh, but we're about to start with one arm tied behind our backs.

We need strengthening, agreed? So why have we signed fewer players than any other club. 6 out + 2 in = 4 players down.

Your blasé claim that 'we're good enough to role (sic) with what we already have', doesn't quite stack up if you include reality in the equation.
Tbf when LvG said that he wanted to give everyone a chance before deciding who to buy, I suppose he does need to see that through. Once he's made that commitment to the players, it doesn't look good if he buys someone during the tour or immediately after they return.

I'm still fairly laid back about it. Confident we'll sign two or three in the next couple of weeks. I just hope they're the right ones.

Unread 10-08-2014, 07:40 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I'm still fairly laid back about it. Confident we'll sign two or three in the next couple of weeks. I just hope they're the right ones.
That was my thinking until about 48hrs ago. I've lost it now.

Unread 10-08-2014, 07:42 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Note that Vidal is now with Juve 24/7 and Italian journalists swarming their camp, yet still not a sniff of commitment from him

Unread 10-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Barksdale

Interesting.....

You think we are taking our time because we are negotiating for top drawer players?

For example, the likes of benatia, vidal and di Maria? Those three will cost about c£130 million.

Do you actually believe that we will spend that kind of money after spending £60 million already?

Hope you are right by the way.

They talk the talk but have no intentions of backing any of it up.

Unread 10-08-2014, 07:43 PM
gbmufc

Quote:
Build it and they will come

Unread 10-08-2014, 07:45 PM
red @rmy

He'll be back in your good books this time next week.
MMW.

Unread 10-08-2014, 07:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
He'll be back in your good books this time next week.
MMW.
Not Thursday then, billy bullshit?

Unread 10-08-2014, 07:50 PM
Ericthered

Nothing seems to be clinched.We assume the Equaliser is doing the donkey work with the players agents setting it up for LVG to have a face to face with the player convincing him to put pen to paper.
We don't seem to have reached that stage with any of the targets.
Time to change strategy before we miss out completely by LVG
stepping in and making some quality signings.
Woodward is out of his depth and is probably being used by agents
to increase the sale of their players to other teams .

Unread 10-08-2014, 07:52 PM
djsst

Quote:
Build it and they will come
Build what ? and stop calling him carlos.
Closed Thread