Unread 10-08-2014, 03:10 PM
waynes ear's

Thats the end of that then

Unread 10-08-2014, 03:34 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Thats the end of that then
Amazed that people still thought we were gonna get him.

Looks like Benatia is our next target. We been linked with anyone else?

Crazy we're taking so long to get these next players signed.

Unread 10-08-2014, 03:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian

Starting to think we won't sign anyone else tbh.

Unread 10-08-2014, 04:02 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian

New to people on here pal?

Unread 10-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Sparky***

Another one bites the dust.

I hope Van Gaal absolutely tears that shithouse Woodward a new one. Absolutely £#%&!ing ridiculous we're starting the season in a week's time with Shaw and Herrera our only additions.

Unread 10-08-2014, 05:33 PM
redrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Another one bites the dust.

I hope Van Gaal absolutely tears that shithouse Woodward a new one. Absolutely £#%&!ing ridiculous we're starting the season in a week's time with Shaw and Herrera our only additions.
I'm sorry, but we have no knowledge LVG sent Woowar on a mission to sign Hummels or anyone else so far. In fact all he's said since he joined is 'I want to look at the players I've got; I may not buy; I like young players but I need to assess the ones we've got; I won't rush in; I need more time to assess; I'll buy who I want or not at all...".

I know we've all assumed he's issued this fabled "list" to Woowar, but that was just a press fantasy prior to the WC. No evidence such a list ever existed.

And lvg's utterings have all been on the imbalance of the squad, esp the no. 9s and 10s.

I'm very worried.

Unread 10-08-2014, 05:38 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Starting to think we won't sign anyone else tbh.
You've been setting yourself for a monumental crash all summer tbh

Unread 10-08-2014, 05:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
You've been setting yourself for a monumental crash all summer tbh
If we don't sign anybody else (though I'm still not convinced that will happen) woowar should be sacked IMO.

And its not just that - why haven't we shifted at least some of our deadwood by now, FFS??

Unread 10-08-2014, 05:44 PM
Withers

Still coming.

Unread 10-08-2014, 05:50 PM
Marvel7

Easyish start to the season, should be fine with what we got to start the season. Expect at least 2 players in between now and the end of the window.

LVG looked at the squad now, know's what he needs, know's what he wants. No snap judgements, time considered decisions.

Pretty confident he would like a few out as well, don't think that will be too easy though unless we bend over and take it.

Unread 10-08-2014, 05:53 PM
Wart Chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Dos'nt mean it's impossible to sign him, it just adds a few extra million to the price of our new captain.

Unread 10-08-2014, 06:10 PM
andyroo

Who was their captain before? Lewandowski?

Unread 10-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Who was their captain before? Lewandowski?
Kehl I think

Unread 10-08-2014, 07:32 PM
Barksdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
If we don't sign anybody else (though I'm still not convinced that will happen) woowar should be sacked IMO.

And its not just that - why haven't we shifted at least some of our deadwood by now, FFS??
The sad thing is that he'll probably get a pay rise, additional bonus and share options.

Unread 10-08-2014, 09:39 PM
Grimson

He's probably not coming, but him being named captain doesn't mean anything.

Unread 10-08-2014, 09:42 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
He's probably not coming, but him being named captain doesn't mean anything.
*See Arsenal, for example.

Unread 12-08-2014, 10:02 AM
wiganste

The Bild is reporting that United and Arsenal are ready to offer €37m for this handsome bastard. Not gonna happen obviously but it does say he favours united

Unread 12-08-2014, 11:25 AM
Old Mathers

Jürgen Klopp has told Manchester United there is no prospect of his new Borussia Dortmund captain Mats Hummels moving to Old Trafford this summer.

The World Cup-winning central defender has been linked with a £25m transfer to United as Louis van Gaal looks to rebuild a back-line that lost veterans Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand at the end of last season. Hummels, a cornerstone of Dortmund’s success under Klopp since arriving from Bayern Munich in 2008, has attracted widespread interest following his starring role in Germany’s triumph in Brazil, with Arsenal also reportedly keen on the 25-year-old.

Last season’s Bundesliga runners-up have underlined their determination to keep Hummels by appointing him club captain after the long-serving midfielder Sebastian Kehl vacated the armband. And his manager has insisted the defender’s future is clear. “He is going nowhere,” said Klopp. “He is staying with us.”

Off nqat

Unread 12-08-2014, 11:40 AM
Sparky***

I'll bet dortmund fans wish they were so bullish everytime Bayern come calling for one of their players.
Closed Thread