United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Do you think we'll win the CL againwithin a decade?
Yes 48 77.42%
No 14 22.58%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 27-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Barksdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
11 George Clooneys disagree pal.
Did he say that?

Thought that was another "suit".

If it was Woodward, that potential has almost been realised.

Unread 27-05-2013, 10:09 AM
shuffle_like_sharpey

i think we can forget about the CL for the next few years, lads.

Unread 27-05-2013, 10:10 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuffle_like_sharpey
i think we can forget about the CL for the next few years, lads.
aren't you fixers?

Unread 27-05-2013, 10:16 AM
shuffle_like_sharpey

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
aren't you fixers?
yeah. couldn't log in - i'm sure my password was 'united'

anyway, i did a password reset and it brought up this.

i've got a picture of spaghetti junction as an avatar and a friend request from fix up look sharpe

Unread 27-05-2013, 10:19 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuffle_like_sharpey
yeah. couldn't log in - i'm sure my password was 'united'

anyway, i did a password reset and it brought up this.

i've got a picture of spaghetti junction as an avatar and a friend request from fix up look sharpe
you should write these things down in your phone.

Unread 27-05-2013, 11:54 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
What you mean jamming a 39 year old winger or a 20 year old gurning centre back in midfield isn't just as good?

Couldn't they have begged mehmet scholl out of retirement?
jesus christ you are such a miserable £#%&!ing @#%&!

Unread 27-05-2013, 12:51 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Or we can 'park' that idea for now. In a long term airport car park.
I think we 'Parked' the idea of winning a European Cup in our last 2 finals tbh

Unread 27-05-2013, 12:57 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Who knows? We could have won it this year if the officiating in the Madrid game had been different and luck went our way after that. Chelsea won it last year with Di Mateo as manager FFS

Unread 27-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
Who knows? We could have won it this year if the officiating in the Madrid game had been different and luck went our way after that.
by luck going our way you mean dortmund were eliminated by malaga, malaga then got swine flu and had to forfeit and frank the spank ribery gunned down the entire bayern squad after one tymosheck prank too many, after they beat barcelona 7-0?

Unread 27-05-2013, 01:01 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
by luck going our way you mean dortmund were eliminated by malaga, malaga then got swine flu and had to forfeit and frank the spank ribery gunned down the entire bayern squad after one tymosheck prank too many, after they beat barcelona 7-0?
No, I was more thinking about the incredible luck we had against Bayern in '99 for example.

Unread 27-05-2013, 01:12 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
No, I was more thinking about the incredible luck we had against Bayern in '99 for example.
Such a myth.
What luck did we have against Bayern?...other than they hit the woodwork a couple of times.
I'd say them going a goal up from a freekick that was never a freekick in a million years & us being without our first choice central midfield was pretty unlucky tbh

Having the balls & the instinct to go for the second goal having just rescued the game had nothing to do with luck & everything to do with how £#%&!ing great that group of players were.

Unread 27-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Redordead

I think its unlikely, whilst you need a degree of luck to win any cup, i think the manager is massively important, team talks, substitutions, experience etc

I find Moyes lacking for this, and he will probably need 5/6 years to get the respect experience.

Though I will support him, and maybe we could get lucky win a EC and leapfrog all that experience build up.

I just feel that relatively equal squads facing each other, your Mourinho, pellegrini, klopp, Guardiola's will have an edge over Evertons David Moyes.

Unread 27-05-2013, 01:14 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Such a myth.
What luck did we have against Bayern?...other than they hit the woodwork a couple of times.
I'd say them going a goal up from a freekick that was never a freekick in a million years & us being without our first choice central midfield was pretty unlucky tbh

Having the balls & the instinct to go for the second goal having just rescued the game had nothing to do with luck & everything to do with how £#%&!ing great that group of players were.
we were pretty lucky tbf. the same way we were pretty lucky to win it in moscow. I think you need a bit of luck unless you're a barca team playing a united team any time between 2009 and 2011.

Unread 27-05-2013, 01:15 PM
JakeB

I don't know why Pellegrini is making it in there. I wouldn't want him anywhere near United.

Unread 27-05-2013, 01:16 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead
I
I just feel that relatively equal squads facing each other, your Mourinho, pellegrini, klopp, Guardiola's will have an edge over Evertons David Moyes.
How about Manchester United's David Moyes?

Unread 27-05-2013, 01:17 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Such a myth.

If you really believe we didn't have luck on our side in that final then fair enough, I happen to think we did. No one is questioning the will to win and courage we showed but Bayern could have been out of sight by then.

Unread 27-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Redordead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
I don't know why Pellegrini is making it in there. I wouldn't want him anywhere near United.
I wouldnt either. I was arguing over European cup experience which I beleive makes a difference for managers. Benitez and Wenger would also be there, mancini etc.

Unread 27-05-2013, 01:18 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead
I wouldnt either. I was arguing over European cup experience which I beleive makes a difference for managers. Benitez and Wenger would also be there, mancini etc.
I'd fancy United and Moyes against Pellegrini and any team, I don't think he'd make much difference.

Unread 27-05-2013, 02:33 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
we were pretty lucky tbf. the same way we were pretty lucky to win it in moscow. I think you need a bit of luck unless you're a barca team playing a united team any time between 2009 and 2011.
Except that we could have had it won before Lampard had one of his flukiest ever deflections :shakehead:

Over the 120 minutes, we were certainly no worse. As for the penalties, well yeah

Unread 27-05-2013, 02:39 PM
The Return of JC

I think there's an importation distinction between being the best team in Europe and the best team in the competition that year. Inter weren't the best team in Europe in 2010, but theu beat the best in Europe so they deserve it. Chelsea were scabby last year but they beat Barca over two legs etc
Closed Thread