Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-05-2013, 09:55 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barksdale
the best centre half who has ever played for us
not jones?

I love rio, but to say he is better than mcgrath is to say you did not see mcgrath. imagine rio+vidic+carrick.

rio gets twitter.

Unread 15-05-2013, 10:22 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not jones?

I love rio, but to say he is better than mcgrath is to say you did not see mcgrath. imagine rio+vidic+carrick.

rio gets twitter.
and to think that was while he was passing out and pissing his bed most nights:shakehead: in his defence, it must have been terrible growing up among all those savage irish racists.....

Unread 15-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Barksdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not jones?

rio gets twitter.
I did see McGrath and I'd put him a close second. Top young for Buchan so may be doing him a dis-service.

As for jones; isn't he going to become our best player ever according to Ferie?

Like jones - but that's very ott.

Unread 15-05-2013, 10:53 AM
dunk

Ferdinand did about 3 years without having to make a tackle he's that good. Phenomenal defender, I've never seen better.

Unread 15-05-2013, 11:10 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Ferdinand did about 3 years without having to make a tackle he's that good. Phenomenal defender, I've never seen better.
One of the best in the game at being able to defend without tackling.

Rio epitomises everything I need in a Manchester United player. Played the @#%&! and was ostracised quite rightly by the fans. He just got his head down played his heart out and delivered.

Whatever he does now doesn't make a £#%&!ing difference to me, he can tweet all the %@#$&!s he wants but at the end of the day he's been an almost perfect United player since he was a #@&%!.

Will go down as a legend at United and you can't ask fairer than that.

Unread 15-05-2013, 11:18 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Rio epitomises everything I need in a Manchester United player. Played the @#%&! and was ostracised quite rightly by the fans. He just got his head down played his heart out and delivered.

Whatever he does now doesn't make a £#%&!ing difference to me, he can tweet all the %@#$&!s he wants but at the end of the day he's been an almost perfect United player since he was a #@&%!.

He always maintains that there was no issue with his contract, they'd only had one round of discussions which had been fine, when the fans started getting uppity. The Kenyon thing was a coincidence as well according to him. I tend to believe him tbh, you see the way he has behaved throughout his time here and he's just £#%&!ing loved every minute of it.

Probably cost us a title with that £#%&!ing ban though

Unread 15-05-2013, 11:23 AM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Even with a knackered fleetwood, he's been the finest centre back in the country. Ridiculously good player. Between his return from the ban to 2009 (when the injury first cropped up), he was easily the best defender on the planet. I've not seen better play for United. Superb raconteur too, loves the bantz

tbf, he must be gutted at missing a World Cup in Brazil.

Unread 15-05-2013, 01:00 PM
The taste of...

Loved to have seen a McGrath Vidic pairing though just hear them interviewed together

Unread 15-05-2013, 01:02 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Even with a knackered fleetwood, he's been the finest centre back in the country. Ridiculously good player. Between his return from the ban to 2009 (when the injury first cropped up), he was easily the best defender on the planet. I've not seen better play for United. Superb raconteur too, loves the bantz

This. £#%&!ing great player.

I'm ashamed to say I love his tour video diaries he does in pre-season. Doing them again this year aswell

Unread 15-05-2013, 03:32 PM
red in cumbria

Thought that Switchers was teasing us with the thread title, but good to have it confirmed

Unread 15-05-2013, 03:36 PM
forwardirektion

Hope he gets another title under his belt and the fa cup he's missing next season. Then comes back into the england squad for the world cup too. Then jacks in before he starts to get shit

Unread 15-05-2013, 03:39 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Quote:

Sneaked into top 20 of all-time United appearances recently, too. Played more times for United than Bruce, Law, Crerand, Stiles, O'Shea...

Unread 15-05-2013, 03:53 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Hope he gets another title under his belt and the fa cup he's missing next season. Then comes back into the england squad for the world cup too. Then jacks in before he starts to get shit
He's 35 this November.

If he continues to look after his body the way he has the last year or two then don't see why he can't go until he's 37/38.

His reading of the game is absolutely brilliant. Wonderful signing.

Unread 16-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Don Gorgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barksdale
Top red alert!

Why can't you stand him?

Absolutely fantastic footballer - the best centre half who has ever played for us and actually "gets" playing for United. What's not to like?

Granted, he was an absolute tit in his younger days but who wasn't?
Unlike 90% of this forum I actually follow United, actual red, not top red fyi.
What a ridiculous statement, he's not even the best centre half in the current squad. He's a wide boy, wage-stalling @#%&! with no respect for supporters.

Unread 16-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Don Gorgon

Quote:

What a £#%&!ing mental thing to say.

Unread 16-05-2013, 11:33 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Gorgon
What a £#%&!ing mental thing to say.
He was.

Unread 16-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Don Gorgon

And as for that statement, I'm going out to get pissed. Thanks.

Unread 16-05-2013, 11:45 AM
Hernadezred

Knew all about him retiring yesterday, can't believe nobody on here bothered to acknowledge this when it was breaking news.

Unread 16-05-2013, 01:00 PM
andyroo

I thought everyone knew except Rio himself.
Closed Thread