United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Harri Jaffa

Default Re: So what should the team have been in the final

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Start team was ok but should have changed it at ht or soon after.

Hernandez/Evra off

TV to Rb, Fabio to Lb

Fletcher in the middle, Nani on right, Giggs pushed closer to Rooney.

Does that give us 13?
Starting the way we did we may as well as started with 10

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
fair point, with a bit of luck it couldve been 2-0 again.

Git

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:01 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
What he did was akin to a rabbit stood in the path of a fast approaching juggernaut and opting not to at least try to hop off the road
I have to say, that's my abiding memory of the Final.
Fergie looked so helpless. It was very strange.

HT was the ideal time to change things, but he did £#%&! all.

It's so £#%&!ing frustrating

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:01 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs down Re: So what should the team have been in the final

Seriously Harri, give it a £#%&!ing rest will you. We lost because they’re a lot better than us. Playing another average midfielder wouldn’t have made any £#%&!ing difference.

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Seriously Harri, give it a £#%&!ing rest will you. We lost because they’re a lot better than us. Playing another average midfielder wouldn’t have made any £#%&!ing difference.
have i told you lately that I love you?

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:03 PM
ScarFace

.....................vds

...........rio smalling vidic
fabio................................evra

.........carrick fletcher park

...................rooney

...................chich

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Pretty Much what I said in the build up thread, only with Giggs playing in the Anderson role. Don't think it would made much have a difference, to be honest...but in hindsight we should have played a 4-6-0 and pressed them on the counter...
Giggs would have had more influence on the left

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Jez Quigley

£#%&! it - I'll play.

VDS

Rafael
Fabio
Vidic
Rio

Park
Anderson
Carrick
Evra

Nani
Rooney

Bring on Scholes and Hernandez with 30 mins left. Piece of Piss.

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
%@#$&!s

Fact is 99% of people including Fergie got it wrong.

Everyone talking about changing stuff at half time are missing the point, we should have started out more defensivly then at least we would have had 11 players in the game ffs

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Ginners

giggs wouldve been better off holding his hands up and admitting he was out of his depth, not that there was anything to replace him with

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Harri Jaffa

Thumbs up Re: So what should the team have been in the final

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
£#%&! it - I'll play.

VDS

Rafael
Fabio
Vidic
Rio

Park
Anderson
Carrick
Evra

Nani
Rooney

Bring on Scholes and Hernandez with 30 mins left. Piece of Piss.

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
giggs wouldve been better off holding his hands up and admitting he was out of his depth, not that there was anything to replace him with
Really?

Playing a sort of inside left he'd have been a different player imho

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:12 PM
S/Side.Red

The tactics were suicidal, but it has to be time to let this go now. They'd probably have beaten us regardless.

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
We should have not only parked the bus, we should have put the handbrake on, took the wheels off and superglued the chassis to the pitch.

I'm serious - there's no shame in changing tactics and I think that having Park and Evra supplement the midfield and cover the flanks, we could have frustrated them.

Throw in Owen coming off the bench and £#%&! it, it's not impossible.

Still don't blame SAF though - he's the best manager ever, sees all the players every day and knew what he was doing but even SAF can't predict everything. Hindsight and all that....

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:14 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
have i told you lately that I love you?

I was sat with the Barcelona fans on the night. Decent lads around me tbf. With about five minutes to go, one of them asked me why we’d played as we had. I asked him what he meant and he said (from memory): “When I was growing up, Manchester United were famous for bold attacking football. Now you play just like any other English team. Long ball, no possession and counter attacks.” I could have £#%&!ing cried after he said that

I’ve spent most of my life watching far too much football and I can honestly say that Barcelona, in the period Guardiola has managed them, is the best side I’ve seen. They put on a master class at Wembley, an astonishing performance of relentless attacking football. Anyone who thinks the presence of Fletcher or £#%&!ing Anderson on Saturday night would have changed the result needs locking up.

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:18 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Fact is 99% of people including Fergie got it wrong.
Easy for armchair tacticians to say with the benefit of hindsight. Fergie sent out our best XI and it got battered. Deal with it.

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:20 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

I was sat with the Barcelona fans on the night. Decent lads around me tbf. With about five minutes to go, one of them asked me why we’d played as we had. I asked him what he meant and he said (from memory): “When I was growing up, Manchester United were famous for bold attacking football. Now you play just like any other English team. Long ball, no possession and counter attacks.” I could have £#%&!ing cried after he said that

I’ve spent most of my life watching far too much football and I can honestly say that Barcelona, in the period Guardiola has managed them, is the best side I’ve seen. They put on a master class at Wembley, an astonishing performance of relentless attacking football. Anyone who thinks the presence of Fletcher or £#%&!ing Anderson on Saturday night would have changed the result needs locking up.
You'd have to be mad to think it would have changed the result. I do think we'd have had a (marginally) better chance, though. Playing two in the middle against Barca is utter madness.

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
We should have not only parked the bus, we should have put the handbrake on, took the wheels off and superglued the chassis to the pitch.

I'm serious - there's no shame in changing tactics and I think that having Park and Evra supplement the midfield and cover the flanks, we could have frustrated them.

Throw in Owen coming off the bench and £#%&! it, it's not impossible.

Still don't blame SAF though - he's the best manager ever, sees all the players every day and knew what he was doing but even SAF can't predict everything. Hindsight and all that....
Exactly my thoughts

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Easy for armchair tacticians to say with the benefit of hindsight. Fergie sent out our best XI and it got battered. Deal with it.
I think that he sent out our best 11 for every other game apart from this one

Unread 01-06-2011, 03:26 PM
borsuk

Quote:
true.

the side i put up earlier was a joke but with an element of truth in it: this is almost certainly the best 11 barca have ever had, perhaps the best 11 any side has ever had, and it should be compared with our best-ever side, which is certainly not this one. our '99 side would have given them a game, or the '68 side, or the babes, had they reached maturity. that's the kind of comparisons you're looking at because in ten years barca fans will be looking back at this side in the same way we look back on those teams.
Closed Thread