Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
why am I not suprised...

absolutely love him

Unread 06-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Baron

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
For me it simply has to be Ronaldo Luis Nazário de Lima.

I had never had the pleasure of seeing somebody with such raw power, speed, skill and ability, until I saw him. I've not seen anybody since either, so ruthless and direct, capable of scoring when receiving the ball anywhere on the pitch. Capable of winning a game from the halfway line in a blink of an eye, no support required, completely un-playable. Even after his injuries he was capable of destroying a defence in seconds.

Truly a phenomenon.

I'm only 29 btw, I loved Gullit, van Basten, Bergkamp, Papin, Batistuta and Giuseppe Signori when I was a kid, growing up watching Serie A. I liked Hugo Sanchez as well, although that may have been because of his celebration, then there was Stoichkov and Romario, and it is only fair to mention Klinsmann and Voller. I loved watching Vieri play when he was at the peak of his powers too.

Just so many.

I £#%&!ing love football!
^

Unread 06-01-2008, 01:05 PM
puressence

use to love watching vialli at sampdoria

Unread 06-01-2008, 02:32 PM
treb

Batistuta - My all-time favourite non utd player.

Unread 06-01-2008, 06:06 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by treb
Batistuta - My all-time favourite non utd player.
Bati bati batigol. Batigol. Batigooooooooool!!!

I was on the Stretford End the night he scored that cracker against us. £#%&! me, I've rarely seen a player hit the ball with such power and precision. Everyone (myself included) was in shock, he just smashed it in out of noware!

World Class.

Unread 06-01-2008, 06:08 PM
waynes ear's

Unread 06-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
This goal by him is just exquisite...

Unread 06-01-2008, 06:16 PM
waynes ear's

what a strike!!!!

Unread 06-01-2008, 09:36 PM
MUFC One Love

Romario is a legend and that's the name I grew up hearing of. When you played football Romario was always the name you'd shout if you shot and stuff or if you wanted to be a player (I grew up in the 90's).

Also, I may be completely wrong but in about 94(?) I was 7 and my old man took me when we played Barca at home, it was 2-2 (?) Romario got both if I remember correctly. Think Stoichkov also played. Anyway I remember Romario running to us when he scored my old man got a top picture of him running towards us with a lovely set of 2 fingers up in front to him!

Van Basten is another player who you just think ooze's class when you think of his style, however I have only seen clips/highlights of him.

And of course Ronaldo. The compilations on Youtube etc of him at Inter and Barca are frightening he was that good.

Unread 06-01-2008, 09:42 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Romario is a legend and that's the name I grew up hearing of. When you played football Romario was always the name you'd shout if you shot and stuff or if you wanted to be a player (I grew up in the 90's).

Also, I may be completely wrong but in about 94(?) I was 7 and my old man took me when we played Barca at home, it was 2-2 (?) Romario got both if I remember correctly. Think Stoichkov also played. Anyway I remember Romario running to us when he scored my old man got a top picture of him running towards us with a lovely set of 2 fingers up in front to him!

Van Basten is another player who you just think ooze's class when you think of his style, however I have only seen clips/highlights of him.

And of course Ronaldo. The compilations on Youtube etc of him at Inter and Barca are frightening he was that good.
The season he had at Barca was unbelievable.

Unread 06-01-2008, 09:53 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
This goal by him is just exquisite...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNVxpMUUnB8
no left foot
Closed Thread