Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-05-2018, 12:16 PM
AK14

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
No. I said I didn't give a shit about 'net spend'
I was complaining about the amount we'd paid out & were still as far away as ever
Honestly couldn’t remember pal, apologies.

Unread 02-05-2018, 12:23 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Maybe next season we see Mou introduce more variety of play with Lukaku and more positional rotation. That one though really needs the crossed fingers though
Sure it'd be just like him to introduce variety of play only after dedicating himself tirelessly for two years to the elimination of any variety in our play.

Unread 02-05-2018, 01:15 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Sure it'd be just like him to introduce variety of play only after dedicating himself tirelessly for two years to the elimination of any variety in our play.
Maybe I worded it wrong. Variety in how he uses Lukaku. I know it’s a reach, but could argue that this season he wanted to concentrate on the basics and let Lukaku settle. I don’t know enough about Mourinho at other clubs to be able to say whether this is likely or not.

Unread 02-05-2018, 04:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Has he become less reliable? 6 in his last 12, compared to the 3 in his previous 12 before that. That would actually suggest he tailed off for a while, but has improved again.

See, we don't get the full picture if we start extracting little phases of the season to suit an argument.

I have no issue with you having a different opinion at all. As I said, if 28 in a season isn't enough, fair enough, but you deliberately took a 7 month spell instead of a 9 month spell - which would much more sensibly include the whole season - to suit that argument. And even the conclusion you draw from that extraction isn't correct. Which is why doing it is misleading and taking the season as a whole is the fair thing to do.

I don't think anyone is claiming it's been perfect either. We're all aware of that barren run mid-season. You just selected a time period where that barren run took place.

Btw, perhaps agenda is the wrong word. I retract it, but it's certainly disingenuous.

He has 28 goals, 16 in the league. Either side could cherry-pick any part of the season to make those stats look better or worse.
Seven months? It's hardly cherry-picking a poor fortnight to back up the argument that he's been inconsistent. We've seen lots of players hit the ground running at a club and then tail off. Lukaku hasn't had a poor season, but it wasn't as good as the early signs suggested.

And agenda is the wrong word. I like Lukaku. He's likeable, focused, professional and definitely is doing everything he can to improve. He comes across as a lad who is a good example for other players, and his play outside the box improved a bit second half of the season.

But he has fewer goals than Sterling. That should bother him

Unread 05-05-2018, 02:15 PM
LFOD

best forward at the club. not saying much but when you've got martial and rashford as the other young players lump stands out as the gold standard , tough times ahead.

Unread 05-05-2018, 02:37 PM
shenwen

Definitely improved by not playing

Unread 05-05-2018, 03:37 PM
Sparky***

Get well soon big man.

Unread 05-05-2018, 04:05 PM
utd99

Lukaku is far from the perfect player, but if you have the right attitude and work ethic at 24 you can achieve great things. If you’re lazy and petulant and think the club should be grateful to have you then you need to go asap; I don’t care how much you cost.

Unread 05-05-2018, 06:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Definitely improved by not playing
Yesterday was the sort of game where he is missed, seriously.

Unread 10-05-2018, 09:38 PM
barca99

So is Lukaku still shit and people dont want him starting games?

Unread 10-05-2018, 09:44 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Preach, brother

Unread 10-05-2018, 09:47 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
played against West Brom didn't he?
Yes, he's £#%&!ing rank.
Just like the rest of the @#%&!s & the @#%&! in the managers seat.

Unread 10-05-2018, 09:56 PM
andyroo

Just because Mourinho hasn't bothered to envisage a situation where Lukaku isn't playing, to the point everyone looks even more clueless when he isn't, doesn't mean he's anything special.

Unread 10-05-2018, 10:00 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Just because Mourinho hasn't bothered to envisage a situation where Lukaku isn't playing, to the point everyone looks even more clueless when he isn't, doesn't mean he's anything special.
absolutely.
Keep repeating myself, but it £#%&!ing astonishes me how quickly we've dropped our standards.
He's a £#%&!ing out-ball ffs

Unread 10-05-2018, 10:05 PM
S/Side.Red

So we're a one-man team. And that man is Lukaku. Promising.

Unread 10-05-2018, 10:10 PM
Jethro

Siders on every single top thread

Unread 10-05-2018, 10:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Unread 10-05-2018, 11:10 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
This

Unread 11-05-2018, 02:46 AM
Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
absolutely.
Keep repeating myself, but it f***ing astonishes me how quickly we've dropped our standards.
Not just in players but throughout the whole club. Romelu Lukaku is just a symptom.

When you get mongs celebrating a point and a 2nd place finish, you know that standards have gone.

That's what happens when top football clubs spend a certain amount of time in mediocrity. The fans and top reds get used to it, they start defending and making excuses for the mediocrity with blind optimism. It's a disease that spreads and eventually kills.

You can only hope to God that Mourinho gets rid of the shit@#%&!s in the team and replaces them with genuine world-class players in the summer. If he doesn't, then it's going to be a long next season for him.

Unread 11-05-2018, 07:58 AM
Red Santos

I hope he is fighting fit for Chelsea

Rashford and Martial dont convince me
Closed Thread