United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-10-2010, 12:43 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
It's hard to believe Tevez wouldn't have contributed to at least one more point than Berbles in retrospect, but you went a little far there.
He could have cost us more than one point though. It just doesn't work like that I'm afraid.

Unread 28-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
It's hard to believe Tevez wouldn't have contributed to at least one more point than Berbles in retrospect...
consider this...

in 07/08 United drew with Blackburn and lost 2-1 to Chelsea during april

in 09/10 ditto

last season after the vermin away defeat United failed to win 8 of the last 28 league games. Berbatov didn't even start the first 5 of those. He started and scored in the 6th at Everton to give United the lead.

Unread 28-10-2010, 12:53 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
He could have cost us more than one point though. It just doesn't work like that I'm afraid.
And he could just as easily won us every game he played in place of berbatov, whats your point ?

Read my post again, I think you misunderstand the gist, my feelings on the matter are clouded other than I kind of agree with the notion, and like I said anyway, can't win them all.

Unread 28-10-2010, 01:04 PM
dodger

Quote:
And he could just as easily won us every game he played in place of berbatov, whats your point ?

Read my post again, I think you misunderstand the gist, my feelings on the matter are clouded other than I kind of agree with the notion, and like I said anyway, can't win them all.
That it's impossible to say what would have happened given the different circumstances, whether it's gaining one extra point or losing 15.

Unread 28-10-2010, 01:19 PM
borsuk

hope he falls under another kettle

Unread 28-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

Unread 28-10-2010, 01:29 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

Unread 28-10-2010, 01:44 PM
magic_cantona

Thumbs down

Quote:
Yep.

That celebration was directed AT our support.Not the manager (he'd already done him), but at our fans. How any United fan can still pine for this one dimensional, greedy, grabbing, dis-loyal @#%&! is £#%&!ing beyond me.

He's slated our players, fans and manager whilst doing all he can to stick the boot into our club at any given opportunity.If you still think that he's such a great person, despite all that, then £#%&! off and support City.Or whoever he goes to next season, you silly @#%&!s.

Unread 28-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

read mine again - United won 20 of the last 28 league games, and Berbatov didn't even start 5 of the other 8. therefore the notion is ridiculous.

Unread 28-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Yep.

That celebration was directed AT our support.Not the manager (he'd already done him), but at our fans. How any United fan can still pine for this one dimensional, greedy, grabbing, dis-loyal @#%&! is £#%&!ing beyond me.

He's slated our players, fans and manager whilst doing all he can to stick the boot into our club at any given opportunity.If you still think that he's such a great person, despite all that, then £#%&! off and support City.Or whoever he goes to next season, you silly @#%&!s.
Thought he was doing this to neville?

Unread 28-10-2010, 02:13 PM
MagnificentSeven

a few massives i know think hernandez is overrated and people are only going on about him because he scored one good goal in the world cup

of course if he ever left us for that lot and scored a few goals against wigan or wolves for them, he'd then be the best player in the premier league

Unread 28-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Bunker Buster

Remember this place just before and when Tevez signed.....

Unread 28-10-2010, 02:24 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
£#%&! him

Unread 28-10-2010, 02:25 PM
MagnificentSeven

i love how scholesy is unsure in which direction to run in celebration

Unread 28-10-2010, 02:26 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I’m not too fond of Rooney these days either. Well said.

Unread 28-10-2010, 02:33 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
read mine again - United won 20 of the last 28 league games, and Berbatov didn't even start 5 of the other 8. therefore the notion is ridiculous.
1 point

Unread 28-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
1 point
right so your point is that if Tevez had been in the team instead of Berbatov at Everton, at Blackburn or at home to Chelsea then United might've picked up every point they got in the season, plus one more point.

fair enough, it's possible.

Unread 28-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
a few massives i know think hernandez is overrated and people are only going on about him because he scored one good goal in the world cup

of course if he ever left us for that lot and scored a few goals against wigan or wolves for them, he'd then be the best player in the premier league
Aye, amazing how many of them need to be reminded that Mexico is in fact a Central American country.

Silly blues.

Unread 28-10-2010, 03:37 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
right so your point is that if Tevez had been in the team instead of Berbatov at Everton, at Blackburn or at home to Chelsea then United might've picked up every point they got in the season, plus one more point.

fair enough, it's possible.
It's equally possible, of course, that things were altered to such an extent that none of us would now exist.

Unread 28-10-2010, 05:59 PM
MUFC One Love

Rooney's ball for the first goal to Giggs is class.
Closed Thread