United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-01-2010, 04:11 PM
MJ Ramone

Default Re: Rio denies charge so will play tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
United don't normally appeal these type of charges. Maybe they think they can get him off?

Unread 27-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
United don't normally appeal these type of charges. Maybe they think they can get him off?
I think Fergie wants him to play tonight. Appeal or not he was going to miss the Arsenal match. Probably the right thing to do, especially when you consider Vidic should be fit soon.

Unread 27-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
what do you expect with my eyesight

Unread 27-01-2010, 04:23 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
How the £#%&! can the FA prove that Rio deliberately hit the @#%&! across the face???...there's ONE shot of it...grainy picture with players in the way etc..
are you £#%&!ing blind?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbywcv_rio-ferdinands-apparent-punch-on-ch_sport
Watch the video and still tell me if you think Rio doesn't deserve to be banned for 3 games (for a moment forget FA's inconsistency because you are claiming you don't think he smacked him in the forehead )

If you still think so, then you are either inept blind @#%&! or just a rambling old idiot.

Unread 27-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Looks like he was doing a piroutte and Faggers got in the way.

Either way he's going to get skinned tonight.

Unread 27-01-2010, 04:27 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
Watch the video and still tell me if you think Rio doesn't deserve to be banned for 3 games (for a moment forget FA's inconsistency because you are claiming you don't think he smacked him in the forehead )

If you still think so, then you are either inept blind @#%&! or just a rambling old idiot.
£#%&! off.

Unread 27-01-2010, 04:28 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Looks like he was doing a piroutte and Faggers got in the way.

Either way he's going to get skinned tonight.
with one arm raised and a swinging elbow

Unread 27-01-2010, 04:28 PM
rafabio

Quote:
£#%&! off.
seems like you nicely avoided the question Knew that you rambling old fool

Unread 27-01-2010, 04:32 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
seems like you nicely avoided the question Knew that you rambling old fool
I'm not old ffs!

We get it.
You don't like our @#%&!ing British players.
It's not cosmopolitan enough for you

Unread 27-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Daws86

Merked.

Unread 27-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Sparky***

haha. Who's rio got defending him? johnny cochran?

Unread 27-01-2010, 04:51 PM
MJ Ramone

Ok, that footage doesn't look good for Rio....but once again retaliation is punished more severely than the initial act.
It happens all the time.

I also hate camera's 'snitching' on players after the £#%&!ing game. If it's a serious injury & retrospective punishment can be enforced then fine, but this was just a bit of 'afters' in the box when the ball is cleared.
The Ref/linesman missed it. Tough £#%&!ing shit.

If Saint JT of Lionheart had swung an arm at a niggling forward in frustration the FA would erect a bronze statue in his honour outside Wembley alongside the Jewel thief.

Unread 27-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Stickman

great call.

We'll win at Goodison regardless.

Unread 27-01-2010, 05:46 PM
koppas

If that was any other player (who didn't play for United) we would be outraged if he didn't get a lengthy ban.

I hope Rio got a %@#$&!ing. First game back for £#%&!ing months and he does something stupid like that. Anything to get fit for England in the summer, eh?

Unread 27-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Dr Gonzo

Would you like a serving of double standards with your order, sir ??

Unread 27-01-2010, 05:58 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
haha. Who's rio got defending him? johnny cochran?
He'll play the race card, its his only hope

Unread 27-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Tumescent Throb

Fagan was a niggling little shit on saturday and had been pecking our heads all £#%&!ing day and getting away with it

Ferdinand brushed the little @#%&! off like the yapping puppy he is

Football is supposed to be a £#%&!ing man's games

Then again, I remember marvelling at the way Cantona kicked Culverhouse (or some other canary #@&%! head) in the %@#$&!s at OT.

The problem here is that football is so sanitised these days that all manner of whining £#%&!ing ballerina types are watching the game and thinking they have the right to be morally corrupted and/or outraged by a TV slo motion replay of something they know £#%&! all about.

On the actual footage itself, I know SSN did show it at the weekend and am not surprised to hear they've constantly replayed it. Doubt that would be why the FA have charged him, except that the broadcast and print medias are sad little echo chambers of one another. MUTV also highlighted the incident in their match coverage, which is interesting, with Stewart Gardner immediately mentioning a possible FA ban during his commentary. Hopefully Ferguson bans him as well!

Unread 27-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
If that was any other player (who didn't play for United) we would be outraged if he didn't get a lengthy ban.
Personally I wouldn't give a shit. It's a man's game, and it's all gone far too girly in the past few years. People scream 'oooh, contact, contact!' as if it's £#%&!ing basketball.

Either the FA should ignore all of these incidents, or examine them all. But we all know that's not the case.

Unread 27-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Switching Off

Andy Gray is at Everton tonight. Gutted for him

Unread 28-01-2010, 02:20 AM
bruntyboy

Quote:
Ok, that footage doesn't look good for Rio....but once again retaliation is punished more severely than the initial act.
It happens all the time.

I also hate camera's 'snitching' on players after the £#%&!ing game. If it's a serious injury & retrospective punishment can be enforced then fine, but this was just a bit of 'afters' in the box when the ball is cleared.
The Ref/linesman missed it. Tough £#%&!ing shit.

If Saint JT of Lionheart had swung an arm at a niggling forward in frustration the FA would erect a bronze statue in his honour outside Wembley alongside the Jewel thief.
How dare you (it was never proven).

Hasn't Nobby Stiles got the story of what happened?
Closed Thread