Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 15-01-2024, 05:40 PM
thatsfuctit

Default Forest & Everton (again) charged

For financial breaches

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/67978594

Unread 15-01-2024, 05:47 PM
Ethers

Thoughts and prayers with Patty B’s family at this difficult time.

Unread 15-01-2024, 07:13 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Everton getting another deduction? They’d have to go down surely. Love to see them both get another ten; would bode well for what’s going to happen to City as well. Probably best thing that could come out of this period of dominance is that Liverpool end up with one title and Klopp £#%&!s off, and City end up with a load of tainted titles and Guardiola £#%&!s off.

Unread 15-01-2024, 07:25 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Thoughts and prayers with Patty B’s family at this difficult time.

Thicko question alert but is the reason city haven’t been punished simply down to city’s army of lawyers trying to avoid the punishment? Why can’t the league not just punish city and deal with any challenge that comes from city afterwards?

It’s farcical that Everton will have been done twice for far lesser charges whilst city are winning trebles.

Unread 15-01-2024, 07:58 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Thicko question alert but is the reason city haven’t been punished simply down to city’s army of lawyers trying to avoid the punishment? Why can’t the league not just punish city and deal with any challenge that comes from city afterwards?

It’s farcical that Everton will have been done twice for far lesser charges whilst city are winning trebles.
Think so. Was alluded to (or stronger) in one of Sir Gary Nevs podcasts/shows. said the premier league was basically fricky of getting embroiled with their mahoosive legal arsenal so went after Everton.

Unread 15-01-2024, 08:05 PM
jem

I see reading fans got a match abandoned, protesting at their owners. fund the club or £#%&! off. interesting.

Unread 16-01-2024, 03:52 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Tedious legal procedures making sure enough charges are water tight to give out an appropriate punishment but having said that, as you suggested, it crossed my mind, why they don’t ban the £#%&!ers and let them do the running and appeal?

Legals etc ….

Unread 16-01-2024, 07:44 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Thoughts and prayers with Patty B’s family by marriage at this difficult time.
Think they're almost beyond caring at this point.

Unread 16-01-2024, 09:32 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Tedious legal procedures making sure enough charges are water tight to give out an appropriate punishment but having said that, as you suggested, it crossed my mind, why they don’t ban the £#%&!ers and let them do the running and appeal?

Legals etc ….
Because City's legal team would sue the £#%&!ing life out of the PL and they'd probably end up with ten points added for their troubles.

Unread 16-01-2024, 09:46 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Because City's legal team would sue the £#%&!ing life out of the PL and they'd probably end up with ten points added for their troubles.
Do you think Abu Dhabi are taking the right approach with all this?

Unread 16-01-2024, 09:56 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Once they'd been chucked out of the league and champions league it wouldn't really matter. And anyway, they've got nowhere to go, the PL specifically forbids using CAS so they'd have to go to UK legal system, and with the state of their accounts they'd probably be quite reluctant to do that, especially if they've lost their friends in HMG.

Unread 16-01-2024, 11:56 AM
redhegemony

The difference is I think both Chelsea and Everton reported themselves. Its in the accounts. City are denying everything and delaying.

It's a completely different ball game given the seriousness and volume of issues.

Unread 16-01-2024, 12:03 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
The beautiful game.

Unread 18-03-2024, 04:34 PM
thatsfuctit

Forest docked 4 points, and drop into bottom 3 as a result.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68594865

Unread 18-03-2024, 04:43 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
The difference is I think both Chelsea and Everton reported themselves. Its in the accounts. City are denying everything and delaying.

It's a completely different ball game given the seriousness and volume of issues.
Bit of an own goal that imo

Unread 18-03-2024, 05:35 PM
AK14

Unread 18-03-2024, 07:27 PM
Dacter

Hope whoever wrote that doesn’t give up the day job.

Unread 18-03-2024, 08:48 PM
Msgr A Brook

Good, if it was us Forest and Everton fans would be pissing themselves laughing and singing songs about it. Hope they both get relegated. I couldn't give a single shit for the pair of 'em or anyone else who isn't United.

Unread 18-03-2024, 08:52 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgr A Brook View Post
Good, if it was us Forest and Everton fans would be pissing themselves laughing and singing songs about it. Hope they both get relegated. I couldn't give a single shit for the pair of 'em or anyone else who isn't United.
Ooooo watch out fellas, bucket head's in.....

Both are historic football clubs, who by and large have history, legacy and achieved success the right way...

Manchester city are a vile sportswashing play piece for a middle eastern mammoth....

I know who'd is rather aim my anger at....

Unread 18-03-2024, 09:18 PM
Msgr A Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Ooooo watch out fellas, bucket head's in.....

Both are historic football clubs, who by and large have history, legacy and achieved success the right way...

Manchester city are a vile sportswashing play piece for a middle eastern mammoth....

I know who'd is rather aim my anger at....
Anger😁 Everton history and success😁😁