United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 04-01-2024, 07:36 PM
Finport Red

“Stop getting them to pass the ball to death Erik, and actually attack the other team, or you’re getting the boot.”

“OK new bosh”

Unread 04-01-2024, 07:38 PM
waynes ear's

If Sancho was white Marlo wouldnt give a flying £#%&! about him.

also, "Ratcliffe took over football operations" ?

got through the Premier League quickly then

Unread 04-01-2024, 07:57 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Goals is not an internet age obscure stat metric ffs.

Davenport and Birtles got an incredible amount of shit for not scoring them 40/50 years ago.
No but isolating only goals scored in the Premier league and those scored at home is definitely disingenuous.

Unread 14-01-2024, 12:22 AM
Sparky***

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67969192
Erik ten Hag says Manchester United need players who will "fight for the badge" and the club.

New co-owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe is expected to be at Old Trafford when United take on Tottenham on Sunday.

England winger Jadon Sancho rejoined Borussia Dortmund on loan for the rest of the season this week after falling out with Ten Hag over his training performances.

"If you want to perform, you need hungry players," he said.

"We need personalities and players who are very hungry to fight for the badge and this club."

United have lost 14 games in all competitions so far this season and the club are considering their options in the January transfer window.

The Dutchman added: "We need personalities and players who are very hungry to fight for the badge and this club.

"It is not about discipline, it is about normal behaviour. It is about what you can expect from a top professional."

The key question for Ratcliffe and Ineos head of sport Sir Dave Brailsford is whether to stick with the strategy of putting an emphasis on youth and development rather than buying established players.

It is how United ended up targeting 20-year-old Denmark striker Rasmus Hojlund in the summer rather than England captain Harry Kane.

"We signed talent and talent needs time," said Ten Hag.

"You see the progress from [Alejandro] Garnacho and Kobbie Mainoo, also from Rasmus Hojlund.

"You need time but at the same moment, we don't have time. You have to deal with some setbacks but that belongs to the process.

"Is it difficult for me? No, it is not difficult because I could expect it from the start of the season that the process could go negative, then, as a manager, you have to stay positive and get the process in the right direction."

United goalkeeper Andre Onana has remained in Manchester and is expected to face Spurs before flying to the Ivory Coast to begin his Africa Cup of Nations duty with Cameroon.

Unread 14-01-2024, 08:37 PM
marlo

They say a team is embodied by their manager.

He doesn’t even have the charisma/aura of a Manchester United manager.
He doesn’t ooze confidence in anything he does or says.

How can he inspire a team?

Even his English is poor, should just own it and talk with a translator instead of stuttering like a shy virgin infront of his crush.

Unread 14-01-2024, 08:39 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
They say a team is embodied by their manager.

He doesn’t even have the charisma/aura of a Manchester United manager.
He doesn’t ooze confidence in anything he does or says.

How can he inspire a team?

Even his English is poor, should just own it and talk with a translator instead of stuttering like a shy virgin infront of his crush.
He's had a long time to improve that, and he's actually worse. Brilliant English when we are winning, semi-coherent when things aren't going well.

Unread 14-01-2024, 08:44 PM
puressence

Spurs rejected ten hag cos of his inability to communicate well. True story

Unread 14-01-2024, 08:46 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Spurs rejected ten hag cos of his inability to communicate well. True story
Yep and they may have been right.

Unread 14-01-2024, 08:49 PM
Finport Red

To be honest, we’ve no idea what his communication with the players is like. His media communication last year was fine, it’s not so good this year because the team isn’t playing as well, and he maybe doesn’t have the expressions to get himself out of the difficult questions.

He’s got mclaren on his coaching staff. And he’s bilingual

Unread 14-01-2024, 08:49 PM
Stickman

He hasn’t got a clue let’s face it.

Unread 14-01-2024, 08:56 PM
armchair

He's the new christian gross. A football manager stat head who thinks he's figured out one stat that negates playing football. He has the cheat code and is shocked he's not top of the table.

Unread 14-01-2024, 09:01 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Yep and they may have been right.
I just don’t see how any players can be inspired by him or want to play FOR him.

Gary Neville made a good point at the end saying due to FFP we are gonna need to attract players by presenting them with the pull of playing for the manager….

Unread 14-01-2024, 09:05 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
I just don’t see how any players can be inspired by him or want to play FOR him.

Gary Neville made a good point at the end saying due to FFP we are gonna need to attract players by presenting them with the pull of playing for the manager….

Unread 14-01-2024, 09:07 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Put your vendetta aside like a grown up…
Watch this!!!!

Are they all wrong?

Unread 14-01-2024, 09:10 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Put your vendetta aside like a grown up…
Watch this!!!!

https://x.com/unitedst4ge/status/174...Nn5G1bnpwj1gww

Are they all wrong?
I’ll judge ETH and United over the next few months, now that the players are coming back from injury. If things don’t improve, I’ll look for change then.

I don’t have a vendetta against anyone.

Unread 14-01-2024, 09:10 PM
armchair

I think we have a lot of good footballers but we are trying to cheat. Our football is based on tricking teams into mistakes.

That's not the Man United way.

The Man United way is fairly naive all out attack allowing players to express themselves.

Ironically, a ten hag side could probably nick a result against a classic United side.

He's a cup side manager at best and it all relies on people not knowing the 'trick'.

Unread 14-01-2024, 09:15 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
I’ll judge ETH and United over the next few months, now that the players are coming back from injury. If things don’t improve, I’ll look for change then.

I don’t have a vendetta against anyone.
Yup.

The sensible approach.

Unread 14-01-2024, 09:28 PM
Sparky***

Even when we score the players look utterly pissed off. There's no joy in it, it's all deadpan expressions and barely celebrating.

Rashford looks like someone's just told him his rolls royce has got a scratch on it when he scores.

You get a couple of minutes of happiness from the fans then within 5 mins all the atmosphere evaporates as the fans have lost any faith in this team to build on a goal.

Unread 14-01-2024, 09:34 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Even when we score the players look utterly pissed off. There's no joy in it, it's all deadpan expressions and barely celebrating.

Rashford looks like someone's just told him his rolls royce has got a scratch on it when he scores.

You get a couple of minutes of happiness from the fans then within 5 mins all the atmosphere evaporates as the fans have lost any faith in this team to build on a goal.
It’s dead. Any remaining excitement has been driven out of everyone. Part of that is having nothing to play for. But the bigger issue is how utterly inept we are. And how miserable we look and feel.

It’s a horrific season nqat

Unread 14-01-2024, 09:36 PM
Furry Russian hats

Someone said it on here that when Casimiro comes back he’ll swap him in for Mainoo instead of playing them together and l thought my god , you’re right, he will. He’s got to go for me, the football is so so bad, no more Dutch coaches ever!!!!!