United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 04-01-2024, 03:23 PM
westcoastvan

One year extension clause triggered.

Probably the right call. I don't see INEOS prioritizing a new right back this summer with him and Dalot, and...

although he doesn't offer much offensively, defensively he's one of the better right backs in the league.

Unread 04-01-2024, 03:27 PM
guerreiro

Worth it for the Grinchy seethe

Unread 04-01-2024, 08:46 PM
Taibi

There’s bigger priorities at the minute, so a year extension is alright for the short-term. Longer term, we will need a replacement.

Unread 05-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Baron

Should 100% be sold, the difference between the top sides with attacking full backs & us is absolutely ridiculous.

He's offered absolutely £#%&! all in years, he's not suddenly turning into even a Trippier level right back, let alone a Hakimi level of proper quality doing everything well.

With Dalot & Shaw offering versatility, this useless @#%&! should be out of the door & us looking at a top class RB option as a priority.

Unread 05-01-2024, 12:00 PM
Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Should 100% be sold, the difference between the top sides with attacking full backs & us is absolutely ridiculous.

He's offered absolutely £#%&! all in years, he's not suddenly turning into even a Trippier level right back, let alone a Hakimi level of proper quality doing everything well.

With Dalot & Shaw offering versatility, this useless @#%&! should be out of the door & us looking at a top class RB option as a priority.
Trippier and Hakimi have been next level shite all season. Tripper in particular has been tragic. So no hopefully he doesn't turn into them.

Unread 05-01-2024, 12:08 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter
Trippier and Hakimi have been next level shite all season. Tripper in particular has been tragic. So no hopefully he doesn't turn into them.
Trippier has been shite for the last 3 games, but has been by far one of the best right backs in the league in the last 2 years - he has 7 PL assists alone this season as "next level shite" & played every game I think with their injury crisis. I think that's more than AWB has had in his entire United career

Hakimi has been top tier for years, PSG ruin everyone. We should have bought him when he left Inter.

In short, you know £#%&! all about football.

Unread 05-01-2024, 12:30 PM
guerreiro

Quote:

Nodding along, right up until that holocaust of a final paragraph

Unread 05-01-2024, 12:39 PM
Potter

Quote:
Trippier has been shite for the last 3 games, but has been by far one of the best right backs in the league in the last 2 years - he has 7 PL assists alone this season as "next level shite" & played every game I think with their injury crisis. I think that's more than AWB has had in his entire United career

Hakimi has been top tier for years, PSG ruin everyone. We should have bought him when he left Inter.

In short, you know £#%&! all about football.
Hakimi played on the right hand side of midfield for Dortmund and Inter yet PSG ruined him by playing him right back. So at what point has he been a top tier full back

Make it make sense brother.

Unread 05-01-2024, 01:11 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter
Hakimi played on the right hand side of midfield for Dortmund and Inter yet PSG ruined him by playing him right back. So at what point has he been a top tier full back

Make it make sense brother.
Voted the leagues best RB 5 days ago. Gone to shite. Never played RB in his career

World Cup team of the tournament:

He's only 25, he'll probably go to Madrid next & be playing as a modern full back up the pitch & confuse you there as well.

Unread 05-01-2024, 01:38 PM
Sheik JaBooty

It appears he was voted best right back in the French league by Uber Eats.

Well thats me convinced.

Unread 05-01-2024, 01:48 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
It appears he was voted best right back in the French league by Uber Eats.

Well thats me convinced.
Just Eats man yourself huh?

Anyone claiming Hakimi isn't one of the best RB in world football is a headcase, even Uber Eats know it ffs.

Unread 06-01-2024, 11:25 AM
jem

Quote:
Voted the leagues best RB 5 days ago. Gone to shite. Never played RB in his career

He's only 25, he'll probably go to Madrid next & be playing as a modern full back up the pitch & confuse you there as well.
strong midfield.

Unread 06-01-2024, 10:17 PM
92ToBury

Quote:

Supplying evidence that legitimises Maguire and Amrabat. Very brave.

Unread 07-01-2024, 04:49 AM
Sheik JaBooty

I’m waiting to see what GrubHub think.

Unread 17-03-2024, 08:07 PM
Finport Red

Probably wont get much of a mention in conversations about today’s game, but I thought he did really well, especially as it was his first game back and playing at left back.

Unread 22-04-2024, 11:46 AM
Chris Quayd

Rashford will get all the plaudits and rightly so but I thought there was something special to this lad's performance from start to finish. Whether it was being nowhere near his man, randomly keeping players onside, being completely flat-footed or completely panicking on the ball before making the worst possible decision, this lad proved that the issue isn't being played lb but that he isn't a footballer in the traditional sense. Loan him out for the rest of his contract if necessary, he is utter shit.

Unread 22-04-2024, 11:52 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
Rashford will get all the plaudits and rightly so but I thought there was something special to this lad's performance from start to finish. Whether it was being nowhere near his man, randomly keeping players onside, being completely flat-footed or completely panicking on the ball before making the worst possible decision, this lad proved that the issue isn't being played lb but that he isn't a footballer in the traditional sense. Loan him out for the rest of his contract if necessary, he is utter shit.
That's two penalties in 3 games now, isn't it? Seems to be always near disaster.

Unread 22-04-2024, 11:52 AM
ZiggyStardust

Forgetting how hopeless he is on the ball (ex youth winger ) for a moment
His defending is atrocious

If tackling was the only thing a defender had to do he’d be top class however it’s only a small part of defending
His defensive positioning and awareness isn’t even championship level

His lack of effort to sprint back to get back in position is truly baffling to me

One for the exit door this summer if INEOS are serious about sorting this shit out

Unread 22-04-2024, 11:53 AM
Baron

He remains astoundingly incompetent at the most basic things a footballer should do. Passing 5 yards. A first touch. Weight of pass either long or short. Heading. Looking over his shoulder. Rolling his foot over the ball once in a while seems less like a piece of skill & more like he's trying to simply understand where he is in the universe.

The shittest of @#%&!s.

Unread 22-04-2024, 12:15 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
He remains astoundingly incompetent at the most basic things a footballer should do. Passing 5 yards. A first touch. Weight of pass either long or short. Heading. Looking over his shoulder. Rolling his foot over the ball once in a while seems less like a piece of skill & more like he's trying to simply understand where he is in the universe.

The shittest of @#%&!s.
Was watching random game over the weekend and their full back was throwing in some good crosses. My first thought was that AWB is literally incapable of this. Just can't do it.

The full back's name was Regular or something - can't remember. Looked familiar though.