United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 12-02-2023, 05:59 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yeah. He’s a solid defender. And he’s a better player than we’re seeing now. You see that for England. He’ll go and do well someone. He deserves too. He’s not a bad guy, he just should never ever have been signed by Manchester United.
Captaincy screwed him too. In a Mourinho team he would thrive. Personally the captaincy should never be given to a brand new signing right away. Needs to be someone who’s established at the club and knows about this values and has a general understanding do the dressing room.

Giving it to him right away was not the right decision. Even if you give it to him after one year it would be alright

Unread 12-02-2023, 07:03 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Forget any mitigation for this clueless turd.

£80m transfer fee, £180k p/w salary, captain's armband.

None of these things cause the tosser to take 10 touches of the ball, turn like a milkfloat, lump it harmlessly into touch, get his pocket picked in his own half, head the ball with his eyes closed, put the shits up his own teammates, frequently give them hospital passes and generally act as a black hole for all our confidence and attacking impetus.

Hell with him.

Unread 12-02-2023, 07:14 PM
tatty

I still have a soft spot for him but it’s impossible to make a case for him even being a squad player.

I hope he does well elsewhere.

Unread 12-02-2023, 07:18 PM
est.1878

Got him all wrong, was seduced from a few headers from corners and Bruce/pallistern corner era is my ultimate nostalgia.. Distribution worse than evri...

Slighltly above mid table club for rest of career..

Unread 12-02-2023, 07:22 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
Forget any mitigation for this clueless turd.

£80m transfer fee, £180k p/w salary, captain's armband.

None of these things cause the tosser to take 10 touches of the ball, turn like a milkfloat, lump it harmlessly into touch, get his pocket picked in his own half, head the ball with his eyes closed, put the shits up his own teammates, frequently give them hospital passes and generally act as a black hole for all our confidence and attacking impetus.

Hell with him.
Which page of his brochure is that?

Unread 12-02-2023, 07:26 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
he’s going. no need to be a about it

he’s stayed professional, taken his medicine like a man and hopefully can rebuild his career elsewhere
This. I don't hate the guy, not really, he's just not up to being a United player. If he'd played for west ham for his whole career he'd have been a legend there.

Unread 12-02-2023, 07:27 PM
Sparky***

#timesup?

Has he been caught sexually harassing someone?

Unread 12-02-2023, 07:32 PM
Wayne Jenkins

I couldn't believe some were talking the idea there would be a queue of teams trying to get his signature. Pretty sure one or two said we will get really big money for him

Unread 12-02-2023, 07:37 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
#timesup?

Has he been caught sexually harassing someone?
Yeah, 75 women in the same street phoned the police to complain they’d seen his head outside their bedroom window, all at the same time.

Unread 12-02-2023, 07:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Yeah, 75 women in the same street phoned the police to complain they’d seen his head outside their bedroom window, all at the same time.
Heard the americans are scrambling jets to shoot it down

Unread 12-02-2023, 07:48 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Heard the americans are scrambling jets to shoot it down
They have to do it before Elon colonises it.

Unread 12-02-2023, 08:14 PM
Bunker Buster

United's worst ever centre back....

Unread 12-02-2023, 08:17 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
I couldn't believe some were talking the idea there would be a queue of teams trying to get his signature. Pretty sure one or two said we will get really big money for him
He’s a first choice England centre back. There will be no shortage of takers.

Unread 12-02-2023, 08:25 PM
magic_cantona

Thought if a goal came from them today, it'd come via him, DDG and Dalot acting like idiots with the ball. The sheer volume of misplaced passes was incredible.

Whatever happens, we're totally vulnerable from everywhere when Maguire is on the pitch. Never seen a centre half worse or more scared when he's got the ball. Has to go, hate when he plays.

I won't slaughter him directly though.

Unread 12-02-2023, 10:30 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr stranger
he’s a first choice england centre back. There will be no shortage of takers.
And the world ends now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Not quite I can give you a few more

Unread 12-02-2023, 10:39 PM
The Butcher

He'd be better up front than Weghorst

Unread 13-02-2023, 12:55 AM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
I pressume that your to young to have witnessed either, Arnnie Sidebottom or Mark Higgins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMUFC2020
And the world ends now

Not quite I can give you a few more
Yes so could I.

Unread 13-02-2023, 01:18 AM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
He’s a first choice England centre back. There will be no shortage of takers.
Yeah I'm sure there will be no shortage of takers ready to stump up big money for him and take on his 185k wages because Southgate rates him

Unread 13-02-2023, 03:56 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
Yeah I'm sure there will be no shortage of takers ready to stump up big money for him and take on his 185k wages because Southgate rates him
Yep. Summer still a good time to cash in while his stock is relatively high.. Painful watching him yesterday. Did a few half decent things but some of that was putting right his own errors. Takes a £#%&!ing age to decide when to pass and that is usually sideways or back to Ddg, who then gives it back to him.

Unread 13-02-2023, 08:30 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
There have been worse players who played a few games, Sidebottom, Spector, Pruner etc but hard to think of an established player who has been so poor. Blanc struggled at times but was at the end of his career.