United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-02-2013, 11:53 PM
Sandman

Default Sir Alex wants Nani to sign

Quote:
“We want to keep him, there's no doubt about that,” Sir Alex stated. “He's capable of scoring incredible goals. He's one of the best match-winners in the game, and I include the whole of Europe in that. He has an incredible talent for winning matches. I want to keep him.

“David Gill's been speaking to his agent for quite a few weeks. It's entirely up to the boy - he has a year and a half left. I think he wants guaranteed first-team football. We're trying our best to keep him because he's such a match-winner.”

“Nani was out with an injury for six weeks or more. We sent him back to Portugal for treatment and tried to get the injury to settle. He's never really had an injury. We know the talent he has. He's without doubt one of the best match-winners in the game,” Sir Alex explained.

“Now he's back fit, training well, he's a consideration. There's no doubt about that. He gives me a headache. We like to play Nani on the left sometimes, although he prefers playing on the right. But we also have Ashley Young. My options are fantastic. There's also Antonio Valencia and Ryan Giggs.”
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Fe....aspx?pageNo=2

Unread 21-02-2013, 11:56 PM
Part 36 Offer

Unread 22-02-2013, 12:01 AM
red in cumbria

But I thought Freggie hated him and wanted to force him out of the club?? That's what the papers have been telling us, after all

Unread 22-02-2013, 12:04 AM
ZiggyStardust

If he's such a match winner then it would be nice if you played him more often instead of Valencia or Young eh Froggy

Unread 22-02-2013, 12:04 AM
jem

"my options are fantastical", no question about that.

Unread 22-02-2013, 12:07 AM
gbmufc

He puts more balls in the stand than Gibbo ever did

Unread 22-02-2013, 12:20 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
He puts more balls in the stand than Gibbo ever did
More in the net too

Unread 22-02-2013, 12:22 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

He's not going to come out and say he wants rid is he?

That's only designed to get a decent transfer fee.

He wanted rid last summer

Unread 22-02-2013, 12:24 AM
Tumescent Throb

When was the last time Nani actually scored a match-winning goal then?

Unread 22-02-2013, 12:27 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
More in the net too
I liked gibbo

Unread 22-02-2013, 12:29 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I liked gibbo
I never had the disdain for him most seemed to have. Should've kept him and used him last season imo, seeing as though we weren't using Pogba

Unread 22-02-2013, 12:37 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
When was the last time Nani actually scored a match-winning goal then?
this week, he scored one and set up the goal that you might call the winner. see the big picture.

Unread 22-02-2013, 12:40 AM
thrush

If that has any truth to it, it's purely down to Nani isn't it. If he wants first team Football he has to earn it. Monday was a start, but his others apps this year and last have been a level of Shite Valencia hasn't yet hit

Unread 22-02-2013, 12:42 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
this week, he scored one and set up the goal that you might call the winner. see the big picture.
so not this week then.

I knew that already, but thanks anyway

Unread 22-02-2013, 12:45 AM
Alan

Thumbs up

Unread 22-02-2013, 12:45 AM
Tumescent Throb

I reckon it was the Charity Shield last season btw

He got that great goal at home to Chelsea as well, but wasn't really the winner iirc

Unread 22-02-2013, 12:49 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I never had the disdain for him most seemed to have. Should've kept him and used him last season imo, seeing as though we weren't using Pogba
I meant Colin gibbo

Unread 22-02-2013, 12:54 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I meant Colin gibbo
Too young to remember him tbh.

Unread 22-02-2013, 01:02 AM
BarryX

Nani was always much better on the right, in my honest (and his) opinion. Glad Fergie's gone on the record and noted that (Nani's opinion, that is, not mine). I £#%&!ing hope his name is on the team sheet for Madrid, in that position, ahead of Valencia, and that we keep hold of him in the summer. Love Nani, me.

Unread 22-02-2013, 01:12 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
so not this week then.

I knew that already, but thanks anyway
I know what you meant. but you had to take such a narrow literal view to mean it. the real answer is this week. his goal effectively won the match. his performance unquestionably did win it. he'd probably have won us another european cup too. too far? ok... him and berba.

and, let's not forget... he was only on through luck, not judgement.
Closed Thread