United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-08-2012, 07:55 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Played a blinder
He has done better than quite a few predicted, nqat.......

Unread 19-08-2012, 07:55 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobda
Genuine LOL.

Unread 19-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He has done better than quite a few predicted, nqat.......
He's failed to address the real problem area, as many predicted. He's signed 1 injury prone proven world class player, in a position we didn't really need strengthening. Kagawa looks a very good signing, but I'm certainly not going to start pulling myself off over some Dutch nobody that 99% of people on here have never seen play.

We won't know for months if he played a blinder or not.

Unread 19-08-2012, 08:13 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
He's failed to address the real problem area, as many predicted. He's signed 1 injury prone proven world class player, in a position we didn't really need strengthening. Kagawa looks a very good signing, but I'm certainly not going to start pulling myself off over some Dutch nobody that 99% of people on here have never seen play.

We won't know for months if he played a blinder or not.
This is true, but the addition of Kagawa & Van Persie will make us infinitely more watchable - providing Fergie has the balls to play an attacking side every week.
They're both great signings.

..but I agree it's weird how central midfield is ignored yet again - especially as our first choice central midfielder is gonna have to start the season at centre half

Unread 19-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Played a blinder
Four blockbuster signings

Unread 19-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Sparky***

Everyone banging on about signing a midfielder and it's like 'helloooo, did we not sign that bloke from Crewe'?

Unread 19-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Everyone banging on about signing a midfielder and it's like 'helloooo, did we not sign that bloke from Crewe'?
Actaully what am I saying, it's five signings - 2 strikers, an attacking midfielder, a left-back and err Powell who's a second striker but will be converted into a midfielder .

Unread 19-08-2012, 08:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
Actaully what am I saying, it's five signings - 2 strikers, an attacking midfielder, a left-back and err Powell who's a second striker but will be converted into a midfielder .
If he does manage to produce an actual midfielder player in their early to mid twenties it will be one hell of a summer.

Just new contracts for Nani and Welbz to be sorted/signed and get rid of some chaff, Berbs, Macheda, Bebe etc. Michael Owen gone too, cracking summer

Unread 19-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
If he does manage to produce an actual midfielder player in their early to mid twenties it will be one hell of a summer.

Just new contracts for Nani and Welbz to be sorted/signed and get rid of some chaff, Berbs, Macheda, Bebe etc. Michael Owen gone too, cracking summer
Good one.

I am genuinely interested in what they do with Macheda. Potential aside, with the age of the strikers we have, I reckon we may aswell just sell him.

Unread 19-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Coracao

How many places in the squad are left now?

Unread 19-08-2012, 08:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
Good one.

I am genuinely interested in what they do with Macheda. Potential aside, with the age of the strikers we have, I reckon we may aswell just sell him.
I think he needs to be sold in order to give him a chance. Loans haven't worked for him and being at OT certainly won't. There is a player in there, but until he is playing regularly he won't improve sufficiently.

A Loan to Wigan would be a decent shout if Fergie wants to keep him.

Unread 19-08-2012, 08:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
How many places in the squad are left now?
1 or 2 if we assume Berbs is on his way.

Unread 19-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
1 or 2 if we assume Berbs is on his way.
he's like a £#%&!ing tick that @#%&! isn't he.

Unread 19-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Barracuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
This is true, but the addition of Kagawa & Van Persie will make us infinitely more watchable - providing Fergie has the balls to play an attacking side every week.
They're both great signings.

..but I agree it's weird how central midfield is ignored yet again - especially as our first choice central midfielder is gonna have to start the season at centre half
Just playing them in their right positions will be a start, surely to £#%&! we can't waste Kagawa by sticking him on the left in a 442 and just ask him to ping crap crosses over all game - we have some fabulous players now who could form part of a great side if we set it up right, it would be a shame to waste them.

I think with the midfield we do have a lot of bodies already in there - numerically we're fine on paper. What I would say is that it is one huge gamble to rely on what we have - to rely upon Carrick not having a major form drop as he is sometimes prone, to hope Giggs and Scholes' legs don't go, to have Trademark and Anderson not miss huge spells through injury, and to expect Fletcher to come back.

It's asking a bit too much to think all those are going to go in our favour, recent evidence suggests they're not and we're going to have a problem at some stage.

Unread 19-08-2012, 08:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
he's like a £#%&!ing tick that @#%&! isn't he.
I certainly wouldn't be leaving willfully if I was him tbh.

Unread 19-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda
Just playing them in their right positions will be a start, surely to £#%&! we can't waste Kagawa by sticking him on the left in a 442 and just ask him to ping crap crosses over all game - we have some fabulous players now who could form part of a great side if we set it up right, it would be a shame to waste them.

I think with the midfield we do have a lot of bodies already in there - numerically we're fine on paper. What I would say is that it is one huge gamble to rely on what we have - to rely upon Carrick not having a major form drop as he is sometimes prone, to hope Giggs and Scholes' legs don't go, to have Trademark and Anderson not miss huge spells through injury, and to expect Fletcher to come back.

It's asking a bit too much to think all those are going to go in our favour, recent evidence suggests they're not and we're going to have a problem at some stage.
I think he'll use him in a similar way as Mancini has used Silva. 442 then, but with most of the width coming from Nani/Valencia.

Unread 19-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
who dave fiesta?

bang on comments about saf not addressing the problem area. Goals weren't a problem last season. Playing decent football against teams that can keep the ball or holding a lead was, but lets forget about that and £#%&! over the shoot poster pull out.

Unread 19-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Barracuda

Quote:
I certainly wouldn't be leaving willfully if I was him tbh.
What was the PSG business last year, did we turn their offer down or did Berbanator refuse to go? The latter would explain SAF's treatment of him last season as opposed to the former?

Unread 19-08-2012, 08:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda
What was the PSG business last year, did we turn their offer down or did Berbanator refuse to go? The latter would explain SAF's treatment of him last season as opposed to the former?
Dunno. Don't even know if there was definitely a bid, just seems to be widely accepted that we turned them down.

Unread 19-08-2012, 09:06 PM
tatty

If fergie doesn't buy a defensive cm and this season ends as close as the last then it'll have been a major £#%&!-up.

I don't get what the coaching staff see in our midfield options which makes them think we don't need a destructive midfielder.
Closed Thread