United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-02-2012, 03:27 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
If he played for us he'd comfortably score the same amount of goals as he does in La Liga - well, I say that but he'd probably be injured & 'rested' every 5 seconds if he played at United

Unread 21-02-2012, 03:28 PM
MUFC_91

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Do you even watch him play regularly, or this just a wum? He scored 12 goals in 13 games in the European Cup last season, including one in the final. 9 in 12 in 2009, again scoring in the final. I can't even remember how many he's got against Real Madrid (the biggest game he plays in every season), but always scores against them. Then there are all his assists, an absurd amount for a supposed 'striker'. A club level, there's not a better 'big game' player anywhere in Europe.

Criticising Levante and Osasuna for the shows they put up is a bit silly, given clubs like United, Madrid or Milan can't even manage competitive performances against Barcelona on most occasions.
Fair points. I suppose I'm just sick of Barca and all the talk about them. Same applies to Messi. I just want it to be about United

Unread 21-02-2012, 03:29 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC_91
Fair points. I suppose I'm just sick of Barca and all the talk about them. Same applies to Messi. I just want it to be about United
And Celtic, obviously.

Unread 21-02-2012, 03:31 PM
MUFC_91

Quote:
And Celtic, obviously.
Not really, I'm realistic enough to know that we'll never see the likes of the Lisbon Lions in my lifetime. I'm more United than Celtic as well, and with Giggsy and Scholes in the prime of their careers, we'll no doubt see United at the top once again.

Unread 21-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Quote:

If he played for us he'd comfortably score the same amount of goals as he does in La Liga - well, I say that but he'd probably be injured & 'rested' every 5 seconds if he played at United
agreed pal. ferie would have him playing all over the £#%&!ing show. on the left side of a midfield 4 etc away at anfield

what a player though. a real joy to watch. best player i have evoh seen for sure.

Unread 21-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Crumps

Quote:
well, I say that but he'd probably be injured & 'rested' every 5 seconds if he played at United
Because he wouldn't be getting his 'secret serum' off Dr Diego Drugsy or whatever he's called.

Unread 21-02-2012, 03:35 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
agreed pal. ferie would have him playing all over the £#%&!ing show. on the left side of a midfield 4 etc away at anfield

what a player though. a real joy to watch. best player i have evoh seen for sure.
Fergie would rest the living shite out of him.
He'd have been left out of all our CL Group games...with Parky in his place.

Unread 21-02-2012, 03:37 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Fergie would rest the living shite out of him.
He'd have been left out of all our CL Group games...with Parky in his place.
Always a good idea to drop your best players for the group stage. Keeps them fresh for the KO games that start three months later

Unread 21-02-2012, 03:37 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
best player of our genny pal
Please stop, Parters.

Unread 21-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Always a good idea to drop your best players for the group stage. Keeps them fresh for the KO games that start three months later
in a completely different competition

ferie out

Unread 21-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Tronics

amazing player

best of my life time thats for sure

would love see him do the same in the Prem and shut alot of people up

bit gutted for CR7 though, any other era and he'd be the best in the world by a mile

Unread 21-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Ronden

It all gets a bit samey after the 127th goal. All like, beat 3 players and slot between keepers legs. Much rather have a last minute scrambled og at stoke on a wet tuesday blah, blah, blah

Also, from 2011 onwards he started to vary his penalties from predominantly keepers bottom left to top left and right. I notice stuff like that

Unread 21-02-2012, 04:03 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
You're a bit late there mate, The Watcher managed to get me to admit the real reason for my dislike of Barca/Messi.
What's the reason??
You don't like him because people say how good he is?

Unread 21-02-2012, 04:04 PM
andyroo

Quote:
What's the reason??
Well no, it's because he doesn't play for us...

Unread 21-02-2012, 04:04 PM
MUFC_91

Quote:
What's the reason??
Quote:

Unread 21-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Pop

He's no Joe Cole, that's for sure

Unread 21-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:

that is exactly where he would play him. Exactly. SAF would see winger or a forward. No in betweens. No lets try something different to bring the best out of him. He's either up front in a two with chico or on the left.

Whoops, on the left he goes. Week in week out.

Why can't messi do it for united they'd ask.

yeah wonder why.

(ps does sandman ever get his gums out of barcelona's arse?)

Unread 21-02-2012, 04:10 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronden
It all gets a bit samey after the 127th goal. All like, beat 3 players and slot between keepers legs.
Actually agree with that. He's made the amazing almost routine. A ridiculous player. That goal against Arsenal last season, chips the ball over the keeper and then volleys it in? Unreal

Unread 21-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Ronden

Quote:
Actually agree with that. He's made the amazing almost routine. A ridiculous player. That goal against Arsenal last season, chips the ball over the keeper and then volleys it in? Unreal
Plus, there's barely a shred of arrogance about him, none of the showy "look at me" posturing we saw with Henry and CRonaldo

Unread 21-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Pop

Its ridiculous how easy the little #@&%! makes everything look. If I ever meet him I'll give him a £#%&!ing thump.
Closed Thread