United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-08-2012, 11:08 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Rvp hatrick today....
Don't you dare mention him in the same breath as Ronaldo ffs. Rooney bagged a debut Hat-Trick and still Ronaldo's 20 minute cameo was still the more impressive

I remember United v Everton at OT in 2003-04, Rooney trying his best to get the ball off Ronaldo, trying to bully him and Robaldo made him look a @#%&! and then just knocked the @#%&! over

Unread 25-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Don't you dare mention him in the same breath as Ronaldo ffs. Rooney bagged a debut Hat-Trick and still Ronaldo's 20 minute cameo was the more impressive
Don't you dare....oooooo :kennethwilliams:

Ronald's cameo was better than Rooney's hatrick I agree, just hoping and praying we play well today and rvp gets a few...he needs it.

I was lucky to see Ronaldos debut and final game it felt like the end...

Anyway, you can't go back...

Unread 25-08-2012, 11:12 AM
dunk

Quote:
Don't you dare....oooooo :kennethwilliams:

Ronald's cameo was better than Rodney's hatrick I agree, just hoping and praying we play well today and rvp gets a few...he needs it.

I was lucky to see Ronaldos debut and final game it felt like the end...

Anyway, you can't go back...
That's what I was going for

The problem I have with signings like RvP is we know what he does and how he does it, there is no unexpected with him, it's all a bit boring.

I prefer the likes of Butters, Kaggers, Henriquez and Powell tbh, not sure what to expect from any of them, plenty of improvement to come from all 4 too.

Unread 25-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Bunker Buster

I got ya, ronnie was just pure brilliance and no-one really expected it...

Unread 25-08-2012, 11:27 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
100% player I reckon he'll be a fans favourite tbh.
Great. The new Heinze then.

Unread 25-08-2012, 11:30 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Ronald's cameo was better than Rooney's hatrick I agree, just hoping and praying we play well today and rvp gets a few...he needs it.
Yes, a 20 minutes run out vs a demoralised Bolton much more impressive than a hatrick on your Champions League debut.

Unread 25-08-2012, 11:34 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Yes, a 20 minutes run out vs a demoralised Bolton much more impressive than a hatrick on your Champions League debut.
Which is more fondly remembered? Countless people wax lyrical about Ronaldo's game, loads of 'I was there's' etc.. Rooney's debut barely gets a mention. This is not to say Rooney's debut wasn't phenomenal, it was, but there was something truly magical about those 20 minutes that won't soon be replicated.

Unread 25-08-2012, 11:35 AM
red @rmy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Great. The new Heinze then.
That's what I like about Carlo, always positive.

Unread 25-08-2012, 11:37 AM
believe

He'll probably score an own goal and never be able to kick a ball properly again.

edit: going on safs comments on the build up show here he's nailed on starting. evra at cb

Unread 25-08-2012, 11:37 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
He'll probably score an own goal and never be able to kick a ball properly again.

edit: going on safs comments on the build up show here he's nailed on starting. evra at cb
'Theatre of Comedy'

Unread 25-08-2012, 11:41 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Which is more fondly remembered? Countless people wax lyrical about Ronaldo's game, loads of 'I was there's' etc.. Rooney's debut barely gets a mention. This is not to say Rooney's debut wasn't phenomenal, it was, but there was something truly magical about those 20 minutes that won't soon be replicated.
Jesus Christ, put your #@&%! away and pull your trousers up.

Unread 25-08-2012, 11:42 AM
dunk

Quote:
Jesus Christ, put your #@&%! away and pull your trousers up.
No.
Closed Thread