Closed Thread

Unread 20-11-2009, 02:20 PM
magic_cantona

Default Re: Keano kicking off about the FAI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He's having a good few months

YouTube- Roy Keane interview

I reckon he'll kill someone before xmas.
His face when asked if he was staying on

Unread 20-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i love how he says ireland should 'get over it' two days after the game, when he's clearly still bitter and ranting like a mad man 7 years after the 2002 world cup.
don't see him as ranting tbh. the bloke is asking him questions involving a world cup, the fai and honesty/cheating. therefore he brings his personal experience into it and says the fai are having a laugh.

think most people would do the same. not like he asked him about sheff united's 94th minute equaliser and he blamed it on john delaney is it?

Unread 20-11-2009, 02:28 PM
elephantstone

Thumbs up Re: Keano kicking off about the FAI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
don't see him as ranting tbh. the bloke is asking him questions involving a world cup, the fai and honesty/cheating. therefore he brings his personal experience into it and says the fai are having a laugh.

think most people would do the same. not like he asked him about sheff united's 94th minute equaliser and he blamed it on john delaney is it?
agreed

Unread 20-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

come on, he's clearly angry and the 'get over it' remark is hypocrisy of the highest order.

and i'm sure trapatoni will be delighted to take advice on defensive tactics from the man who manages the team with the second worse defence in the championship, having conceded one goal less than Scunthorpe united.

Unread 20-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
come on, he's clearly angry and the 'get over it' remark is hypocrisy of the highest order.

and i'm sure trapatoni will be delighted to take advice on defensive tactics from the man who manages the team with the second worse defence in the championship, having conceded one goal less than Scunthorpe united.
Have to agree with this.

Understand that comments from footballers are taken out of context a lot but he really is still bitter over 2002.

Unread 20-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Thumbs up Re: Keano kicking off about the FAI

Quote:

you're talking out your hole jack. have a good day

Unread 20-11-2009, 02:34 PM
elephantstone

Quote:

Keane hasnt got a team of international at his disposal.

Get over it Duckers

Unread 20-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
you're talking out your hole jack. have a good day
well argued post there, gyppers.

why am i talking out of my hole?

the keane fan boys on here need to seperate the player from the man and realise that not everything keane says is true.

Unread 20-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
Get over it Duckers
youre still angry when duckers called you fatty that one time

Unread 20-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Argentina

Quote:

Exactly. Shit happens to you, and you get over it, but you can still call on your experience to back up a side of an argument. Happened to me on here a couple of years back in a thread about FC being the Chelsea of non league, with all the crew from the other side coming on to tell me I was bitter. I'm over it, but the fact is it still happened.

And if Keane was bitter you'd be hearing about it every time he talked about Ireland. He didn't bring it up until it something was mentioned about that Delaney fella, that's when he get on about it.

Unread 20-11-2009, 02:52 PM
armchair

What I don't get is why so many United fans seem to be bitter about Keane.

Unread 20-11-2009, 02:53 PM
S/Side.Red

Regardless of his motives, everything he says is pretty much spot on.

I find it embarrassing that a journo would even ask him about the possibility of a replay, tbh.

Unread 20-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
he's a legend, my favourite player after eric. i just don't always agree with his views. he needs to go back to drinking and relax with a few pints, imo.

Unread 20-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I find it embarrassing that a journo would even ask him about the possibility of a replay, tbh.
probably because they know they'll get a good few quotes out of him. he is always honest with his answers and speaks his mind, tbf.

he's a journalist's wet dream. apart from when their phones go off mid-press conference

Unread 20-11-2009, 03:10 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
£#%&!ing enrages me, it's like some on here really hate the guy

Absolute legend of a player, shit manager, says what's on his mind.Maybe he should bullshit his way through life and keep every @#%&! happy.

Unread 20-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Smeggs

he's good copy is roy.

don't agree that henry didn't mean it though.

Unread 20-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
well argued post there, gyppers.

why am i talking out of my hole?

the keane fan boys on here need to seperate the player from the man and realise that not everything keane says is true.
sorry jacko - not got time to sit here and chew the fat today. but i will say

he wasn't offering advice - just his opinion. united haven't got as good a defensive record this year - might be time for fergie to dodge any related questions for the time being?

wouldn't say he was angry - perhaps a bit animated. for angry see andy c'urso

get over it - hypocritical how? he saying what goes around comes around. he had to get over it in 2002 which he did. he also got over being booked in the semi and missing the final. seems to me he can get over stuff - don't see the hypocrisy. as i said earlier he's talking about it now as he's been asked.

Unread 20-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
shit manager,
agreed. owen doesn't look like scoring this season either.

Unread 20-11-2009, 03:18 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
£#%&!ing enrages me, it's like some on here really hate the guy

Absolute legend of a player, shit manager, says what's on his mind.Maybe he should bullshit his way through life and keep every @#%&! happy.
I don't know that he's a shit manager. He's won more in his short career than many do in their entire career. And it's early days.

Unread 20-11-2009, 03:23 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
agreed. owen doesn't look like scoring this season either.
WTF are you talking about?

I'm talking about Keane as a manager. Maybe he'll get better in time and maybe he deserves the benefit in that regard.
Closed Thread