United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-02-2007, 12:15 PM
suedeshoes

Default What has Alan Smith

done wrong? If he cant get a run-out in a team such as last nights he might as well get on his toes. Shame...always rated him.

Unread 28-02-2007, 12:18 PM
808state

He's £#%&!ed tbh. Coming back from the injury he suffered was always going to be a struggle, and he wasn't exactly Pele beforehand. Fantastic work ethic undoubtedly, but if the injury has robbed him of even a small of amount of pace / power, then he's lost everything he had in the first place.

Unread 28-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
done wrong? If he cant get a run-out in a team such as last nights he might as well get on his toes. Shame...always rated him.

He upset Fergie by not going out on loan in January.

Shame, he has done very well for us.

Unread 28-02-2007, 12:21 PM
puressence

the sooner that £#%&!ing clogger £#%&!s off the better

Unread 28-02-2007, 12:21 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808state
He's £#%&!ed tbh. Coming back from the injury he suffered was always going to be a struggle, and he wasn't exactly Pele beforehand. Fantastic work ethic undoubtedly, but if the injury has robbed him of even a small of amount of pace / power, then he's lost everything he had in the first place.

But surely a few games is the only way to tell for sure(?). He could do a better job in midfield than the 'midfielders' we had out last night...though Id prefer to see him up front.

I can see why he cant be given a run in the side at this stage of the season...just think its a shame coz hes bound to leave in the summer. (And hes goin to Everton if my source is reliable as normal).

Unread 28-02-2007, 12:22 PM
waynes ear's

good player contrary to what uber-reds say about him just because he played for leeds

shame really, i like the lad

Unread 28-02-2007, 12:23 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence

You strike a perfect balance between speaking complete sense and utter %@#$&!s. This time you're talking %@#$&!s.

Unread 28-02-2007, 12:24 PM
puressence

Quote:
You strike a perfect balance between speaking complete sense and utter %@#$&!s. This time you're talking %@#$&!s.
mate hes awful ... he played well for half a dozen games 2 years ago .. he picks up needless cards and contributes £#%&! all ..but becasue he appears to run around like a £#%&!ing headless chicken hes a red legend

Unread 28-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
good player contrary to what uber-reds say about him just because he played for leeds

Agreed

Unread 28-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Jack Duckworth

works hard, but that alone is not good enough for me.

he isn't a united player.

808state

Quote:
But surely a few games is the only way to tell for sure(?). He could do a better job in midfield than the 'midfielders' we had out last night...though Id prefer to see him up front.

I can see why he cant be given a run in the side at this stage of the season...just think its a shame coz hes bound to leave in the summer. (And hes goin to Everton if my source is reliable as normal).
From what i've seen, i think he's looked off the pace in Reserve games, in the same way Liam Miller did. Slinging Smith in at the deep end, at such a crucial part of the season, would be madness.

Part 36 Offer

Quote:
puressence?

Unread 28-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Not good enough. No different to asking about Silvestre. Infact Silvestre is a better defender than Smith is a midfielder and their influence is about equal if Smith plays up front. Get rid. Give him a few games once we've wrapped the league up() and try and ship him to Newcastle for 6 million.

Unread 28-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

Spot on lad.

Unread 28-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Barca '91

Quote:

i concur

we all hate leeds scum though

Unread 28-02-2007, 12:29 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
mate hes awful ... he played well for half a dozen games 2 years ago .. he picks up needless cards and contributes £#%&! all ..but becasue he appears to run around like a £#%&!ing headless chicken hes a red legend
Hes only been booked 3 times in a red shirt. I think his energy and determination are his strengths...headless chicken is a bit unfiar, his distribution is spot on and hes a lot more skillful than hes given credit for. Effort goes a long way when its apparant that thats what a team is missing, as the team was last night. Ole can only play effectively for 45 minutes now and another striker is needed. Who could we sensibly buy who is as good as Smith may still prove to be?...hes only 26.

Im biased...I admired him when he was at Leeds and was very happy when he signed. Just feel its a shame hes never had the opportunities to show his best form.

Unread 28-02-2007, 12:32 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Somewhat remarkably, I agree.

Honest pro, grits his teeth, clenches his fist and maintains a bizarre haircolour. That's about it.

(Nowt to do with the fact he is ex-Leeds)

Unread 28-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Jack Duckworth

true. he hasn't has a sustained run in the side, apart from in midfield

i think he is best playing just behind a 'proper' striker in a mark hughes kind of role. however, if we did that, we'd have to sacrifice our pace somewhat and that's our biggest attcking strength at the moment.

Unread 28-02-2007, 12:36 PM
suedeshoes

£#%&!in ell...an entirely common-sense, balanced discussion. All points made have their validity...I just like the lad and would like to see him in the team...can see why it prob. wont happen though. Shame.

Unread 28-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

He's clearly £#%&!ed.

I'll be surprised if he plays at the top level again.
Closed Thread