Bruce?

nailed on

Unread 04-11-2009, 02:16 AM
Spiffy

Default Re: Laurent Blanc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Only his 3rd season as a manager.

Pretty impressive thus far. However, as Sniffer has rightly pointed out, it is perhaps a little premature hailing him as a successor to one of the best managers of all time.

He is still lacking in experience and that will only come with time. I'd have big reservations over putting a relative novice into the role.

At the moment, I still think Jose is the clear frontrunner. It is a little futile talking about it at the minute, as I don't think Fergie is showing any signs of considering quitting. And anything could happen in the mean time...Paul Le Guen anyone?
Aye, if we're going for a novice you won't get a more popular novice than Solskjaer (possibly Cantona). I'd love to see Jose with Ole as his number 2. Or even Larry with Ole as no.2 if SAF stays on as Director of Football or something similar.

Unread 04-11-2009, 02:21 AM
Coracao

Shame he is 61...

Unread 04-11-2009, 02:27 AM
Spiffy

Quote:

Shame he is 61...
Jimmy Saville? How would he be any good? Dear Jim, please can you fix it for me to win the European Cup.

Last time Liverpool won the league, Jim'll Fix It was a popular tv show.

Unread 04-11-2009, 04:07 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
he had to work hard and get in the positions before the player he was marking rather than take it off them like Rio used to.
I really don't think Rio is finished as a top class player. He's had injuries and a loss of form as a result.

Unread 04-11-2009, 04:11 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I really don't think Rio is finished as a top class player. He's had injuries and a loss of form as a result.
Course he's not finished.

This time last year almost everyone on here would have hailed him as the best defender in the world. I don't think you can go from that to being shit in such a short space of time.

I have more concerns over Vidic.

Unread 04-11-2009, 08:24 AM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

Not a picture of the Titanic as such. More a pictorial representation of Larry's speed of turn.
covering for Berg most of the time tbh fair

Unread 04-11-2009, 08:43 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
covering for Berg most of the time tbh fair
How ironic.

Unread 04-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Zorg

Talking of Larrence, I spotted this photo in a shop window down here in Montpellier the other day.

Unread 04-11-2009, 09:59 AM
Google

Blanc looks like the weird autistic guy in the 1st season of prison break

Unread 04-11-2009, 10:06 AM
antonin jablonsky

Next United manager.

Unread 04-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Mr_Ed

Doing well TBH honest.

He did express surprise that United wanted Obertan though - I can't remember his quote about it but it was similar to "he's a bit shit"

Unread 04-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Time For Heroes

lthough to be fair to Blanc he was a bit shit when Blanc joined as he's had a back injury for a year and a half and it's only now that we've done something about it that he's fully fit again. Apparently he was seen as the hottest property in France when he was 16.

Blanc has to be next manager though, he's always saying that Fergie is a great manager too which will go down well with the decision makers.

Unread 04-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Doing well TBH honest.

He did express surprise that United wanted Obertan though - I can't remember his quote about it but it was similar to "he's a bit shit"
probably what fergie said to villareal about forlan

Unread 04-11-2009, 10:44 AM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up Re: Laurent Blanc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Talking of Larrence, I spotted this photo in a shop window down here in Montpellier the other day.

Great photo. Blanc-Valderrama-Eric - some spine to that side

Unread 04-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Bruce?
Lee

Unread 04-11-2009, 02:47 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Aye, if we're going for a novice you won't get a more popular novice than Solskjaer (possibly Cantona). I'd love to see Jose with Ole as his number 2. Or even Larry with Ole as no.2 if SAF stays on as Director of Football or something similar.
please god, no

you think united are timid away from home atm? i don't think i've ever seen as anemic a performance by a supposedly top european side as that inter performance at barca this year. and then seeing maureen celebrating scraping a 0-0 like it's some great achievement ffs.

anti-football all the way with that @#%&! in charge.

Unread 04-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
please god, no

you think united are timid away from home atm? i don't think i've ever seen as anemic a performance by a supposedly top european side as that inter performance at barca this year. and then seeing maureen celebrating scraping a 0-0 like it's some great achievement ffs.

anti-football all the way with that @#%&! in charge.
I've seen plenty of woeful performances from us over the years tbh. Although, Inter were at home. It was just a shit game. It happens. Barcelona are a great side, clearly the best in Europe.

Their record in terms of results this season doesn't point to a negative style of play on the whole. Nor did I really find his Chelsea team dull.

Unread 04-11-2009, 03:30 PM
borsuk

Quote:
I've seen plenty of woeful performances from us over the years tbh. Although, Inter were at home. It was just a shit game. It happens. Barcelona are a great side, clearly the best in Europe.

Their record in terms of results this season doesn't point to a negative style of play on the whole. Nor did I really find his Chelsea team dull.
i think they were toe-curlingly dull. mechanical, robotic football all about power and organisation. horrible. all opinions, i suppose, but maureen was genuinely delighted at stifling barca at home (as you said, makes it even worse), which is just shocking tbh, the kind of thing you'd expect from everton or fulham, not the champions of serie a.

Unread 04-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i think they were toe-curlingly dull. mechanical, robotic football all about power and organisation. horrible. all opinions, i suppose, but maureen was genuinely delighted at stifling barca at home (as you said, makes it even worse), which is just shocking tbh, the kind of thing you'd expect from everton or fulham, not the champions of serie a.
I know you don't like Jose, so I won't spend a great deal of time on the issue.

But, I didn't think his Chelsea side were that bad. Certainly nowhere near as bad as Benitez's Liverpool at the time. They were involved in some very good matches when I saw them play. Notably against an excellent Barcelona side on quite a few ocassions. They were certainly nowhere near as negative as Chelsea were last season under Hiddink, a man who many praise for the football his sides play. He came into a club at the time who wanted someone to come in and turn them into a winning side, which Jose achieved. Personally, I didn't find players like Robben and Joe Cole robotic. They were an annoyingly consistent side. But, dull? Not for me.
Closed Thread