United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Serenity Now

Thumbs up Huntelaar: "Real Madrid is one of the biggest clubs around and is the aspiration of all players..."

"At the moment, I don't know what my future will be. It's true that there is a lot of talk about the possibility of my signing for Real Madrid and this would be very exciting for me because they're a great club, but I don't know anything about what they say. The only thing that I can say is that I'm an Ajax player, and that if Madrid or any other club wants to sign me they have to speak first with my current club."

"I know many things about [Madrid], because Van Nistelrooy, Robben and Sneijder are part of the Holland squad. They say that the club is incredible, that the city is fantastic, that the Bernbabeu is somewhere special to play in, and that they're happy [at Madrid]. I can imagine that. Real Madrid is one of the biggest clubs around and is the aspiration of all players who want to win the big titles."

Unread 11-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Vic Mackey

I would probably rather we got Santa Cruz if we managed to sign him for around £8m. Huntelaar would be £15m+.

Unread 11-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Part 36 Offer

That turd Ballague has suggested a few times that Madrid are interested in the Hunter. He also said that David Villa to Les Merengues is a done deal though so

Come to think of it he is a know nothing clown so he could end up anywhere.

Sloane

huntelaar cant get in ahead of ruud now so why should we sign him?

Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Mackey
I would probably rather we got Santa Cruz if we managed to sign him for around £8m. Huntelaar would be £15m+.
Seriously? Huntelaar is twice the player Santa Claus is imo.

Unread 11-06-2008, 10:50 AM
antonin jablonsky

Is anyone available this summer? You know, not off to Real?

Unread 11-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Whalefish

If a report a few weeks back is correct Madrid thought they had Huntelaar in the bag but they hadn't even been talking to the correct agent.

The lad's representatives published a statement saying he wasn't authorised to do anything on behalf of the player. A bit odd if you ask me.

No secret that Schuster wants him though.

Unread 11-06-2008, 10:51 AM
MUFC One Love

They won't get near the European Cup again. I'd fancy any of the 4 English sides to knock them out.

Unread 11-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Ed Sullivan

Santa Claus

Unread 11-06-2008, 10:55 AM
forzagarza

Anyone who thinks Madrid is a good place to go to is a £#%&!ing #@&%!. If you're going to move to Spain then why the £#%&! would you move to the place that is furthest away from the beach.
It really is the most #@&%!isistic bit of planning ever.

Unread 11-06-2008, 10:56 AM
dunk

That's the same article they used for Ronaldo and Benzema with the name changed, surely. It's good to know Spanish Journo's are as lazy as the English ones.

Tomorrow Ribery, Friday Kaka, Saturday Veloso and so on...

Unread 11-06-2008, 10:56 AM
antonin jablonsky

Can anyone explain how they are financing all this apparant summer activity? Madrid'd government slipping them a £200 million brown envelope again?

Unread 11-06-2008, 10:58 AM
El Calafate

so every player in the world wants to go to Real Madrid?

amazing!

nft.

Unread 11-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Serenity Now

Thumbs up ¡Hala Madrid!

Unread 11-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Seriously? Huntelaar is twice the player Santa Claus is imo.
Ho, ho, ho

Huntelaar is nothing special IMO. Of course he would get goals for United, but who wouldn't playing with Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo.

I just get the impression that nowadays, Fergie and Queiroz want multi-dimensional players who can play 2 or 3 postions if they spend big money on an attacking player. I dont think Huntelaar fits that mould.

Unread 11-06-2008, 11:22 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Huntelaar is nothing special IMO. Of course he would get goals for United, but who wouldn't playing with Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo.

?

Unread 11-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Ho, ho, ho

I just get the impression that nowadays, Fergie and Queiroz want multi-dimensional players who can play 2 or 3 postions if they spend big money on an attacking player. I dont think Huntelaar fits that mould.
Yes I think you are correct but at the forefront of that you need a goalscorer in your squad imo. Look at all the chances we missed away from home last year.

Unread 11-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
?
I don't think he'll go this year.

Can we do a vcash bet or something?

Unread 11-06-2008, 11:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I don't think he'll go this year.

Can we do a vcash bet or something?
Erm, well I can't, can you?

Unread 11-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Yes I think you are correct but at the forefront of that you need a goalscorer in your squad imo. Look at all the chances we missed away from home last year.
Yes, but many of those were simple chances that any decent forward should finish. Rooney's finishing has been way too poor over the past two years. Having said that, should we blow a massive wad of cash on a pure goalscorer?

Remember we did score an awful lot of goals last year, even with the missed chances. Perhaps having creative forwards and getting them to improve their finishing is a better way of going about it, rather than having a Ruud-type player who cant contribute creatively?

I see what you are saying but Fergie rates Benzema higher, hence the quotes he has made about him. Therefore, I think he will make a massive bid for Benzema next season, though the competition will definately be lookng to do the same thing.
Closed Thread