United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-03-2009, 02:09 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
interesting

yesterday there was a clear TV slo-mo of both players' feet at the moment of contact

last week there was no clear TV slo-mo of their feet (that I saw anyway).

i think the incidents were pretty similar, though. from the same pod. well honed and practiced by ALL players in the modern game who run at pace with the ball - timing of the stride before contact, dragging of the leg or pointing of the toes etc
Ref didn't see it in Slo-Mo on TV though did he.

Unread 02-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Ref didn't see it in Slo-Mo on TV though did he.
exactly

but most people judging the two incidents didn't see them clearly anywhere other than in slo-mo on TV

and the images of the Blackburn one were nowhere near as clear as those of the Spurs one as I pointed out

Unread 02-03-2009, 02:16 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
exactly

but most people judging the two incidents didn't see them clearly anywhere other than in slo-mo on TV

and the images of the Blackburn one were nowhere near as clear as those of the Spurs one as I pointed out
To be honest you've lost me? are you agreeing with me that it would be difficult for the ref not to at least think about last weeks dive when seeing that foul yesterday?

Unread 02-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
To be honest you've lost me? are you agreeing with me that it would be difficult for the ref not to at least think about last weeks dive when seeing that foul yesterday?
i'm talking about people judging the two incidents based on the TV images they've seen regardless of whether they are Chris Foy or not

is there a TV replay of last week's incident that clearly shows both players' feet at the moment of supposed contact?

Unread 02-03-2009, 02:21 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
i'm talking about people judging the two incidents based on the TV images they've seen regardless of whether they are Chris Foy or not

is there a TV replay of last week's incident that clearly shows both players' feet at the moment of supposed contact?
I've no idea.

Anyway, yesterday was a penalty but i can see why it wasn't given to some extent.

Unread 02-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Harri Jaffa

Guys, take your red tinted specs off for one second

Ronaldo is absolutly outstanding at knowing when he thinks he will get tripped, nudged or just kicked.

He then makes sure that he makes the most out of it.

The problem with yesterdays is that he went down just before any contact was made, then adjusted his foot so that it stayed further back than it would do if he was running.

It was a dive, pure and simple

Unread 02-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Guys, take your red tinted specs off for one second

Ronaldo is absolutly outstanding at knowing when he thinks he will get tripped, nudged or just kicked.

He then makes sure that he makes the most out of it.

The problem with yesterdays is that he went down just before any contact was made, then adjusted his foot so that it stayed further back than it would do if he was running.

It was a dive, pure and simple
%@#$&!s. Nailed on penalty.

Plus - you opened your post with "Guys" - £#%&! off.

Unread 02-03-2009, 02:31 PM
pc6090

some people on here are using o'sheas tackle on modric as a similar example of it being a foul, now from what i remember o'sheas tackle on modric when he should have got a second yello was late and cleaned out modric, completley different to the "penalty" decision. for what its worth i thought the ref made an issue out of nothing, it was a foul but at real time and with only one viewing of it i can understand why it wasn't given, but the booking was stupid, there were many more cases of players falling over under tackles which were not given as fouls but i can't recall any of these being bookings.

on a unrelated matter why do the £#%&!ing sky @#%&!s insist on showing the board with the additional minutes on instead of showing the game i mean the commentators can tell us, they can either put a little caption up showing the additional time

oh and what the £#%&! was the %@#$&!s with the noise levels and the fanometer

Unread 02-03-2009, 02:33 PM
marlo

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge

'yo dude, think about it right quick....'

Unread 02-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Harri Jaffa

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge

Fair comment
Closed Thread