United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-01-2012, 08:59 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Ruud celebrating live on Sky's Spanish coverage during Beckham's post-match interview when he heard we'd won the title in 2007. What a Legend

Unread 01-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Great goal, but Ruud wasn't a complete striker imo
For me a complete striker is someone who can score all types of goals (headers, tap-ins, solo efforts, long range strikes, penalties), has pace to beat players, physical strength to lead the line, link-up play to link with a strike partner, and a good awareness of the game through intelligent movement and clever runs.

I think Ruud had all of those things, albeit with only a few examples of long range strikes, but that was more because of the system we played with him leading the line where he'd be in the box getting on the end of crosses/through balls.

I don't think there's many strikers of the last decade that have been as good all-round as him. Eto'o, Shevchenko at Milan, Fat Ronaldo at Real Madrid, Raul, and maybe Henry, although his heading ability was shite.

Unread 01-01-2012, 09:47 PM
thatsfuctit

Seba

Unread 01-01-2012, 10:26 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up

love Ruud ...what a £#%&!ing finisher...remember his first goal in the Charidy Shield ...the way he went round Westerveld to score ...I knew that day I was watching someone very, very special

Unread 01-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Ruud celebrating live on Sky's Spanish coverage during Beckham's post-match interview when he heard we'd won the title in 2007. What a Legend
Is there a link to this?

Unread 01-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Gruber

I £#%&!ing love Ruud, he was ace will always have a soft spot for him.

He used to get some £#%&!ing stick on the other side too

Unread 01-01-2012, 10:42 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Is there a link to this?
I couldn't find it

I think it was the day Chelsea failed to win at Arsenal. Later that evening, Real Madrid played. As Beckham was being interviewed by Sky post match, Ruud ran up, hugged him and shouted "Manchester United", then ran off

£#%&!ing love that man.

Unread 01-01-2012, 10:48 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

His goal vs West Ham was just special

Are Malaga in the Europa

Unread 01-01-2012, 10:51 PM
The Watcher

Villa away in the Cup, 2002. One of the greatest ever nights following United. Utter bedlam.

Unread 01-01-2012, 10:56 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Villa away in the Cup, 2002. One of the greatest ever nights following United. Utter bedlam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta-t8rkTPqw
What a night that was, Sunday night at 7 wasn't it?

Carnage, absolute carnage.

Unread 01-01-2012, 10:59 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

Yea, the BBC won back the FA Cup rights so had the bright idea of playing the stand out game on a Sunday night. Think they £#%&!ed it off after that game. I've never seen a United end like it. Literally everyone was £#%&!ing wasted

Unread 01-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I'm the complete opposite jack, I'd bum the guy half to death then nurse him for weeks....

An utter machine.

If he had a twitter I'd ask him out.
I met big ruud once, that mightn't sound like a big deal but it really was.

Was out for a walk and cutting back through temple bar, boom! madrid were on a preseason friendly vs shamrock whatever and there he was looking at the buildings. I hit it off with him immediatly and he was very tall. Great day for both of us, he'll tell you the same. If you ever met him. Which you won't. He's a busy man.

Unread 01-01-2012, 11:04 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
I've never seen a United end like it. Literally everyone was £#%&!ing wasted
confirmed

train journey back to Piccadilly was ridiculous

Unread 01-01-2012, 11:05 PM
dragflick

Quote:

I was in last year of school, remember watching it and seeing my maths teacher on the pitch

Unread 01-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
confirmed

is that the one they had to keep stopping and bringing BTP on to try and calm us down....

Car-nage.

Unread 01-01-2012, 11:09 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
confirmed

Quote:
is that the one they had to keep stopping and bringing BTP on to try and calm us down....

Car-nage.
was bonkers in my car as well

at one point we were throwing wine gums at each other

Unread 01-01-2012, 11:10 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

Car-nage.
yeah Openshaw Scary People in full effect

Crooky and his mate putting Toppo in a luggage rack

2 people out of 500 with an actual train ticket

Unread 01-01-2012, 11:37 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
His goal vs West Ham was just special

Are Malaga in the Europa
That goal at Basel

Unread 02-01-2012, 12:10 AM
taff

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta-t8rkTPqw
'kinell, was that ten years ago? amazing game

Unread 02-01-2012, 12:24 AM
42ndstreet irregular

I broke my seat ballooning about at the final whistle and seeing as I jibbed in thought I would take it as a momento. I managed to get all the way to the train when I was dancing about with it going through one carriage. Opened the door to the next carriage to be faced by 2 coppers £#%&!ers just threw it on to the platform.

One of the best away trips that night, never forget it. How some people don't love Ruud is amazing to me? All he did was score goals? What a @#%&!
Closed Thread