United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-08-2017, 08:29 AM
TheFatGoth

Thumbs up Pogba didn't get in Garth Crook's Team of the Week 2017/18

Quote:
It was obvious to me that Lossl's intention was to keep a clean sheet at all costs. Lots of goalkeepers may have that intention when they start a match but it's not always matched by their performance.
Quote:
I would no sooner have paid £50m for Kyle Walker than I would to fly to the moon but I can see why Pep Guardiola did. That said, Brighton didn't do an awful lot to test him but that wasn't the defender's fault.
Quote:
if Jones can start to play with his head and not just his heart, United could be in for one hell of a season.
Quote:
If you blinked then you would have missed it. Wayne Rooney's 'hand off' on Stoke midfielder Joe Allen as he ran into the box to score Everton's winner was simply genius
Quote:
When I read that Manchester United had bought Nemanja Matic, I thought it was a misprint.

Quote:
It's a great city with a great team and they both deserve a great captain - not a thug in a Newcastle shirt.

Unread 14-08-2017, 08:39 AM
20 times

"When I read that Manchester United had bought Nemanja Matic, I thought it was a misprint"

Weird @#%&!. It had been talked about for weeks.

Unread 14-08-2017, 08:40 AM
Mr_Ed

Why is this absolute spanner still relevant? Does anyone under 40 actually know who the @#%&! is?

Unread 14-08-2017, 08:46 AM
jem

rooney in midfield. ahead of pogba. mmmk.

Unread 14-08-2017, 09:04 AM
Whip Hubley

The pissed up £#%&!ing dimwit Spurs fan.

Garth crooks is a dick as well.

Unread 14-08-2017, 09:10 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
The pissed up £#%&!ing dimwit Spurs fan.

Garth crooks is a dick as well.

Unread 14-08-2017, 09:27 AM
Switching Off

Sam Vokes scores twice away at the champions and doesn't get in

Unread 14-08-2017, 10:07 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
rooney in midfield. ahead of pogba. mmmk.
He channels your spirit whenever he picks a team..

Unread 14-08-2017, 10:14 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Unread 14-08-2017, 10:25 AM
jem

Quote:
not so much, really, given my comments on playing rooney in midfield.

Unread 14-08-2017, 11:00 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not so much, really, given my comments on playing rooney in midfield.
No, but given your predilection for square pegs in triangular holes you are birds of a feather..

Unread 14-08-2017, 12:26 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Why is this absolute spanner still relevant? Does anyone under 40 actually know who the c*** is?
utd fans over 40 do

Unread 14-08-2017, 12:27 PM
20 times

Quote:

Unread 14-08-2017, 02:01 PM
Tumescent Throb

never even heard of 4 of those players

rooney in midfield did raise a chuckle though, and not for the first time.

Unread 14-08-2017, 03:49 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
utd fans over 40 do
Wish we didn't, mind.

Unread 20-08-2017, 11:51 PM
Rorschach

Recognition at last from the Master Sage that is Garth Crooks - Pogba is 1 of 4 (four!) United players named in this week's definitive line up of excellence, along with Tony V, Eric, and Miki.

Looking a little closer than I probably should, I see that the max United available is 6 players, adding Martial & Matic - but not Lukaku, although for some bizarre reason, known only to the Eloquent Garth, Swansea's Jordan £#%&!ing Ayew is an option up front!!

Unread 21-08-2017, 02:03 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
Recognition at last from the Master Sage that is Garth Crooks - Pogba is 1 of 4 (four!) United players named in this week's definitive line up of excellence, along with Tony V, Eric, and Miki.

Looking a little closer than I probably should, I see that the max United available is 6 players, adding Martial & Matic - but not Lukaku, although for some bizarre reason, known only to the Eloquent Garth, Swansea's Jordan £#%&!ing Ayew is an option up front!!
Gets buried 4 nil and doesn't score but makes the team of the week. Yeah ok Gareth. What a colossal #@&%!.

Unread 21-08-2017, 07:15 AM
Pop

Unread 21-08-2017, 07:44 AM
RedMenace

Lads getting worked up about Garth Crooks' team of the week

The ramblings of an idiot. Crooks, not me.

Unread 21-08-2017, 08:18 AM
TheFatGoth

These are supposed to be the reasons why he picked them...

Quote:
I want to like this player, but he always gives me the 'willies'.

Eric Bailly, on his day, is a class act - a point clearly demonstrated against Swansea - but why does he give me a sense of nervous apprehension every time he plays?

I can't help feeling he's a tackle away from a red card or giving a penalty away. Against the likes of Swansea he will be fine, but it's in the big games, when it really matters, that I find myself asking the question: can he be trusted?
Quote:
Meanwhile, Newcastle have one of the best managers in the world who is having to suffer the indignation of an owner who cannot match his ambition. So can someone explain to me what's Rafael Benitez doing there?
Quote:
Pogba's header from the corner was impressive during the 4-0 win over Swansea, but why on earth did defender Federico Fernandez not just clear the rebound from the underside of the bar instead of trying to protect his goalkeeper? Lukasz Fabianski didn't need protecting, he needed a clearance.

To be perfectly honest, it wouldn't have mattered anyway because, without Sigurdsson, the chances of Swansea winning this fixture were so remote it wasn't even worth a bet.

Regardless, this was a Pogba performance worth noting. Apart from the ridiculous brown patch in his hair, he produced a game free of the showboating and scored a goal of real class. His yellow card was justified, but what took place thereafter was so measured and so utterly professional and selfless, it was in stark contrast to anything I had seen from the player before.

I keep hearing pundits (mostly his mates) telling me Pogba is capable of almost anything. Well, I think we are finally starting to see it. It is about time.
Closed Thread