United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-01-2011, 11:24 PM
sluzz

Default Southampton Away - 70's day

Been suggested in various places that we should get the upcoming Southampton fixture back to the 70's like it has been done at Blackburn & Derby in the past.

Bar scarves, banners, two stick flags and Union Jack's galore

Think it's a top idea.

Unread 11-01-2011, 11:34 PM
Mancunian Red

I remember Southampton 77 5th round opf the cup very well. Get the train, pretty crushed getting off the train and was squashed against a fit girl which aroused my passion and she smiled and I thought she encouraged it but it may have been my imaginatyion.

We walked through the town centre to the ground, people were scared to death of us I liked that then I look back in embarrassment today.

IO remember a lad shouting at us to get behind the team and we would against City the following week.

It is a myth we were always vocal in the 70s.

Unread 11-01-2011, 11:36 PM
HarkNowHear

Our end was chokker. Wall kicked in??? Lads up trees etc.

2 all draw, on the pitch at the end.

Unread 11-01-2011, 11:53 PM
sluzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancunian Red
I remember Southampton 77 5th round opf the cup very well. Get the train, pretty crushed getting off the train and was squashed against a fit girl which aroused my passion and she smiled and I thought she encouraged it but it may have been my imaginatyion.

We walked through the town centre to the ground, people were scared to death of us I liked that then I look back in embarrassment today.

IO remember a lad shouting at us to get behind the team and we would against City the following week.

77, I've got the silver jubilee top. Beat the scousers that year, quite apparent then.

Unread 12-01-2011, 12:01 AM
Cream

I was 5.

Life was but a dream!

Unread 12-01-2011, 12:45 AM
FannyBanter

Thumbs up

Can't wait for this, loads of top reds, top freds, booze, banter (both online and offline), sing songs, 'does the baron know you're 'ere' sung at sullers who replies with 'does the social know you're 'ere?'...

I'm well up for fancy dress too

Unread 12-01-2011, 12:50 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by FannyBanter
Can't wait for this, loads of top reds, top freds, booze, banter (both online and offline), sing songs, 'does the baron know you're 'ere' sung at sullers who replies with 'does the social know you're 'ere?'...

I'm well up for fancy dress too
Then you wake up and realise nobody would look at you twice, let alone sing a song about you

Unread 12-01-2011, 12:55 AM
FannyBanter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
Then you wake up and realise nobody would look at you twice, let alone sing a song about you
Erm....you obv weren't in the bishop's blaize circa 2003 when I came in with a silly haircut?

I'm well known amongst some top, top reds.

Unread 12-01-2011, 01:10 AM
Sparky***

With our midfield, i fully expect it to be just like the 70s.

Unread 12-01-2011, 01:13 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
With our midfield, i fully expect it to be just like the 70s.
£#%&!ing hell mate, that's bad even for you

Unread 12-01-2011, 01:26 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
£#%&!ing hell mate, that's bad even for you

Unread 12-01-2011, 05:53 AM
bcred

I used to have a half n half scarf.
Red n White Yellow n Blue.

Unread 12-01-2011, 07:19 AM
elephantstone

Aren't Southampton having a 70 s day as well?

Unread 12-01-2011, 07:36 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
Aren't Southampton having a 70 s day as well?
no, it stil IS the 70's down there

Unread 12-01-2011, 07:46 AM
elephantstone

yep last time I was down there were flares

Unread 12-01-2011, 09:00 AM
koppas

Might actually go to this game.

Was mint last time we played em in the cup. Was doing shots of sambucca pre match with Rossi the Red. The banter was off the hook!

Unread 12-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Crumps

Quote:

Unread 12-01-2011, 09:11 AM
koppas

Quote:

You've been a United fan for years. We get it.

Unread 12-01-2011, 09:12 AM
no fun

jaffos going to have to update his wardrobe by a decade

Unread 12-01-2011, 09:14 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
You've been a United fan for years. We get it.
Since 1976 I bet.
Closed Thread