United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-03-2008, 10:29 PM
Paul Mcgrath

Default Scousers can't complain about Mascherano

After seeing that on MOTD2. Xabi Alonso trying to stop him, running 20 yards just to confront the referee, the countless times he got in his face. After all the shit in the media this week about giving shit to the ref, you'd think Rafa would have told his boys not to bother the ref.

Now, not only did he get sent off, he's out of the Merseyside Derby. Good, hope Everton £#%&!ing destroy Liverpool and their confidence gets shattered.

Unread 23-03-2008, 10:39 PM
S/Side.Red

I think they have every right to complain. It was a ridiculous second yellow, imo.

He didn't confront Bennett in an aggressive manner; from what I saw he didn't even dispute the decision - he was simply asking why Torres was shown a yellow card (another strange one from Bennett) which is something players do every minute of every game.

Can't for the life of me see what the offence was.

Unread 23-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Red Caz

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think they have every right to complain. It was a ridiculous second yellow, imo.

He didn't confront Bennett in an aggressive manner; from what I saw he didn't even dispute the decision - he was simply asking why Torres was shown a yellow card (another strange one from Bennett) which is something players do every minute of every game.

Can't for the life of me see what the offence was.
Sorry but you're completely wrong.

I'd £#%&!ing love to see that atrocious gobshite Terry and every other player booked for mithering the ref when they don't agree with a decision and I absolutely support Bennett in that decision.

Torres' booking was questionable but it's not up to Masch, when already on a yellow, to do a half marathon to challenge Bennett on a card he's given that he cannot take back.

It was puerile, pointless, pathetic and I think he'll get £#%&!ed by the FA and further made an example of.

I was fuming with him today.

Unread 23-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Paul Mcgrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Caz

I'd £#%&!ing love to see that atrocious gobshite Terry and every other player booked for mithering the ref when they don't agree with a decision and I absolutely support Bennett in that decision.

Torres' booking was questionable but it's not up to Masch, when already on a yellow, to do a half marathon to challenge Bennett on a card he's given that he cannot take back.

It was puerile, pointless, pathetic and I think he'll get £#%&!ed by the FA and further made an example of.

Exactly. What did Mascherano expect to happen? Everyone around him knew he was being a dick, thats why Alonso dragged him back, and Aurelio just looked fed up with him.

Sloppy

Quote:

Its not just today with him though.He does do this quite often giving it mouth and acting hard done by.Not as bad as he was today but ive noticed him do it a lot.

S/Side.Red

Quote:

What was the offence, though?

I don't think how far he ran in order to speak to Bennett is relevant at all.

Grimson

'When already on a yello' is the key phrase. Harsh or not, when you're on a yellow it's stupidity to run to the referee, no matter how politely you then question him. He may have already made up his mind by then. Silly from Mascherano, but not surprising. He had these lapses at River too.

Unread 23-03-2008, 10:47 PM
HarkNowHear

his first 3 sentences to he ref were the same

£#%&! OFF

Unread 23-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Red Caz

Quote:

To a degree it is.

If he was next to the incident, yeah ask a question.

Not if you're already in the book though.

He was chelping after every decision after his yellow and he was made an example of.

If I knew Bennett was the fourth official the other night and got carpeted for not clamping down on dissent and attitude from players, then Masch should've known and he should have kept his £#%&!ing head down.

He needs to grow up before he pulls the shirt on again.

Been really impressed with him the last few games but if even I can't excuse his behaviour, I don't know how you can.

Unread 23-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Paul Mcgrath

Turn the tables, imagine if Rooney had done the same thing, booked for a shit challenge, then hovered round the ref for the rest of his time on the pitch, pointing his finger in the refs face, telling him to £#%&! off every 5 minutes, running 20 yards to confront him... It'd be all over the papers, and nobody except us would be defending him.

Unread 23-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Ether

Not that I'm really arsed because it was £#%&!ing hilarious, but I do think it was a bit harsh. I'd be absolutely fuming with the ref had it been Rooney getting red for that.

Unread 23-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Red Caz

Quote:

Dissent? Ungentlemanly conduct? Being a stupid @#%&!?

I'd actually said to Ste about 10 minutes before the sending off that Masch had to come off at half time because his head had clearly gone.

Are you a closet Kopite?

Unread 23-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Mcgrath
Turn the tables, imagine if Rooney had done the same thing, booked for a shit challenge, then hovered round the ref for the rest of his time on the pitch, pointing his finger in the refs face, telling him to £#%&! off every 5 minutes, running 20 yards to confront him... It'd be all over the papers, and nobody except us would be defending him.
Don't be soft. I've seen Rooney do exactly what Mascherano did today before and not walk for it.

Unread 23-03-2008, 10:50 PM
denis lawless

Quote:

persistant mithering......or just being an ugly @#%&!...or both

Unread 23-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Red Caz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Not that I'm really arsed because it was £#%&!ing hilarious, but I do think it was a bit harsh. I'd be absolutely fuming with the ref had it been Rooney getting red for that.
And if it had been Terry, you'd all have been highly amused. Letter of the law and all that and it wasn't the first time he'd gotten in the ref's face when he should've known.

An example was going to be made in that match if anyone got antsy and it was. He's only got himself to blame.

Unread 23-03-2008, 10:53 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Don't be soft. I've seen Rooney do exactly what Mascherano did today before and not walk for it.
true but if he did walk you'd have to hold your hands up and say he's a thick as £#%&! numpty with no self control who deserved to get the card.

Unread 23-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Red Caz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
true but if he did walk you'd have to hold your hands up and say he's a thick as £#%&! numpty with no self control who deserved to get the card.
Quite.

There will come a time when Rooney does go off for it, with this clampdown.

Probably.

Bennett's the classic homer at the best of times and there was only gonna be one outcome when Javier started. I'm all for passionate players, but he was just a dick today.

I'm still quite annoyed. The tyskie is helping though.

Unread 23-03-2008, 10:56 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Dissent? Ungentlemanly conduct? Being a stupid @#%&!?
If simply asking the referee why he booked a teammate is dissent, ungentlemanly conduct or anything worthy of a yellow card then we'd have no players by half time.

Mascherano may well have done enough in that half to warrant two yellow cards, I'm not sure, but that particular incident was a joke.

Unread 23-03-2008, 10:58 PM
Red Caz

Quote:
If simply asking the referee why he booked a teammate is dissent, ungentlemanly conduct or anything worthy of a yellow card then we'd have no players by half time.

Mascherano may well have done enough in that half to warrant two yellow cards, I'm not sure, but that particular incident was a joke.
But it was nothing to do with him.

If anything, that's the captain's job, but don't get me started on Gerrard's anonymity.

I think it was the final straw for Bennett who'd already had a %@#$&!ing from his boss for being a soft touch earlier in the week.

He didn't need an excuse to be card happy and Masch gave him the green light.

Unread 23-03-2008, 10:58 PM
chorleyred

he was sent off for persistent dissent.

how many times did he tell bennet to £#%&! off in that first half.

can't have it all ways, he derserved his red, and the other refs need to start growing some %@#$&!s and following his example

it's about respect, which players don't have for refs anymore. if today makes players (in general) think £#%&! it's bennet I better watcyh what I say then he's done a good job for the game

of course the players know the likes of riley don't have any %@#$&!s so he'll still be treated like shit by the players
Closed Thread