United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: When should we excise this day tumor?
TONIGHT 23 39.66%
January 13 22.41%
I like him. 22 37.93%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 27-12-2017, 01:18 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
There are people on this forum that are old enough to remember the likes of Ted Macdougall, Alan Brazil, Gary Birtles and Peter Davenport playing up front for us.

Romelu Lukaku is nowhere near in the same league of shiteness as those boys. Indeed given a chance I believe Lukaku will come good for us.
Indeed, and none of them ever won a league title either. You can 'believe' all you like, but if you don't know what you're looking at, it doesn't make any difference. He simply doesn't have the skillz and vision to be the cut above or the attitude and presence to make up for it. Journeyman striker who won't challenge anything other than journeymen defenders.

Unread 27-12-2017, 02:50 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
Given his age (24) and potential I hope he is allowed more time from fans to adapt

People forget ANdy Cole took a couple of years (95-97) to settle in, fans were almost split on him in that time. Now he is considered a 'legend'........
Maybe.

Boxing day showed he doesn't have the aggression to succeed. Foul some @#%&!. Anything.

Time will tell.

Unread 27-12-2017, 02:55 PM
saffers

Disappointing to see TONIGHT be used against my boy romer. Cream one of the few i'd accept this from tbh....

Unread 27-12-2017, 02:57 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Disappointing to see TONIGHT be used against my boy romer. Cream one of the few i'd accept this from tbh....
Breaks my heart, it truly does.

The ball's firmly in the lad's court now.

Unread 27-12-2017, 03:01 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Breaks my heart, it truly does.

The ball's firmly in the lad's court now.
He'll step up, 100%.

Too good and too intelligent not to.

Unread 27-12-2017, 03:24 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
He wouldn't be such a disappointment (rom not cream, although...) had it not been entirely predictable. I don't tend to focus on or be particularly critical of individual players, they all have their off days, but I'm afraid Rom just doesn't have what it takes and in such a key position, it is often the difference between winning and not.

Quote:
He'll step up, 100%.

Too good and too intelligent not to.
Good and intelligent in interviews, unfortunately that doesn't win you games.

Unread 27-12-2017, 04:07 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Indeed, and none of them ever won a league title either. You can 'believe' all you like, but if you don't know what you're looking at, it doesn't make any difference. He simply doesn't have the skillz and vision to be the cut above or the attitude and presence to make up for it. Journeyman striker who won't challenge anything other than journeymen defenders.

Sorry to be a pedantic, over-exacting b*stard but Gary Birtles had won 2 European Cups with Forest before we signed him.

Unread 27-12-2017, 04:29 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:

Sorry to be a pedantic, over-exacting b*stard but Gary Birtles had won 2 European Cups with Forest before we signed him.

But sadly nothing with utd I really hope that Rom comes through, but I hope for a lot of things that are frankly unrealistic to say the least

Unread 27-12-2017, 04:38 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane

But sadly nothing with utd I really hope that Rom comes through, but I hope for a lot of things that are frankly unrealistic to say the least

Me too.

It's been a shit 10 days or so, for sure, and everything has been made 10 times worse for us by the fact that it's the Berts that are running away with things. That just amplifies our misery.

BUT - we're second in the league and have still got the Champions league and the FA cup to play for.

Unread 27-12-2017, 04:41 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
BUT - we're second in the league and have still got the Champions league and the FA cup to play for.
cant wait for the meltdown when we crash out of both of the cups

Unread 27-12-2017, 05:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
The supply of decent chances to the lad is what is lacking. Lingard, Rashford and Martial all seem to think that they’re still at school and them scoring is all that matters.
Nowhere near as selfish as the other two IMO.

Unread 27-12-2017, 05:33 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Nowhere near as selfish as the other two IMO.
More a case of poor decision making based on lack of experience I reckon

Quote:

Me too.

It's been a shit 10 days or so, for sure, and everything has been made 10 times worse for us by the fact that it's the Berts that are running away with things. That just amplifies our misery.

Thats the spirit

Unread 27-12-2017, 06:23 PM
Bunker Buster

Should have kept Rooney....

Never trust a striker that doesn’t score the odd Worldy...

The header yesterday from the cross open in front of goal...honestly one of the worst headers I’ve EVER seen...think it almost went back the way it came, think a defender clapped the clearance...

He’s currently a bad mess.

Unread 27-12-2017, 06:24 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Should have kept Rooney....

Never trust a striker that doesn’t score the odd Worldy...

The header yesterday from the cross open in front of goal...honestly one of the worst headers I’ve EVER seen...think it almost went back the way it came, think a defender clapped the clearance...

He’s currently a bad mess.

Unread 27-12-2017, 07:46 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
think a defender clapped the clearance...
shame he doesn't do that in our area.

Unread 27-12-2017, 10:12 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Problem is, he is.

Everton fans had the same problems

He just isn't a very good footballer..scores goals. That's it. We better get some service to him becusee he won't be turning his own form around and Jose won't sell
I used to say the same thing about Ian rush. It’s a bit of a silly criticism.

We better get some service to our striker you say? Is there any striker where that hasn’t been the case?

Lukaku, like most strikers, is a confidence player. Probably doesn’t help that he feels the fans think he’s shit. Despite being only 24 with bags of room to improve and doing better in his first 6 months after joining united than most strikers we buy have done. Maybe the reason so many attacking players turn to shit is not down to the manager.

Unread 27-12-2017, 10:15 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger

We better get some service to our striker you say? Is there any striker where that hasn’t been the case?

Lukaku, like most strikers, is a confidence player. Probably doesn’t help that he feels the fans think he’s shit.
They all need it but some can create their own chances, contribute more than goals

Lukaku doenst do either

It's not silly criticism if you enjoy watching a certain kind of player

The things to admire about Lukaku's game are not entertaining imo

Nothing against the lad just not my kinda player....and regardless of what I think of him the service to him has been shit recently

Unread 27-12-2017, 10:17 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
They all need it but some can create their own chances, contribute more than goals

Lukaku doenst do either
Yet. Neither did Cole, and he couldn’t even get the scoring right initially.

Unread 27-12-2017, 10:20 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger

Lukaku, like most strikers, is a confidence player. Probably doesn’t help that he feels the fans think he’s shit. Despite being only 24 with bags of room to improve and doing better in his first 6 months after joining united than most strikers we buy have done. Maybe the reason so many attacking players turn to shit is not down to the manager.
he's not shit because the fans think he's shit. we think he's shit because he's shit.

I agree that he could be getting better service, but he's had some £#%&!ing chances. he's good with the ball in front of him, but he seems to be doing his best work on the wings.

Unread 27-12-2017, 10:20 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
There are people on this forum that are old enough to remember the likes of Ted Macdougall, Alan Brazil, Gary Birtles and Peter Davenport playing up front for us.

Romelu Lukaku is nowhere near in the same league of shiteness as those boys. Indeed given a chance I believe Lukaku will come good for us.
In a strong united team he’d get 30-40 goals a season easily, and he’ll also improve his general play over the next few years. He’ll be better than Cole ended up, easily. Not good enough though, because he doesn’t provide the instant gratification most seem to need in the modern day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Yep.

His signing is another nail in the coffin. A club which has lost isn’t identify.

None wouldn’t been nowhere near United under Ferguson, would love to know how he feels about those two.
Aye, he only ever signed brilliant entertaining players.

Worth remembering a significant chunk of our support wanted rid of ronaldo around 2005. Clueless.
Closed Thread