United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-04-2018, 02:01 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Or Hughes. Lukaku couldn’t lace eithers boots.
he couldn't.
& I actually quite like him (apart from that frankly embarrassing episode earlier in the season when he refused to celebrate his goals) ...I don't have any malice towards him & I'm not pulling my hair out in anger when he plays like I am when Fellaini's name is stinking the teamsheet out.

I'd just prefer to see a Footballer as our main striker.
Like browser says, there's a maturity & big game mentality about Rashford that I really like.
He's looked quality at International level too.

Plenty of room for improvement of course but I'm worried about his lack of chances as a centre forward because I reckon he'll be a brilliant one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
The games MJ mentioned were away games in a title run or CL semi finals etc though
yes, as in if we eventually find ourselves in those situations ever again I'd back Rashford to score over Lukaku.

Unread 19-04-2018, 03:17 PM
Tiberian

Rashford is not going to improve as a CF if he only starts 5 times a season in that role. He has all the tool to be exceptional, the type of rounded game that can elevate a team.

No reason for him not to get the remaining league games in that role, top 4 is secured, title is gone, may as well experiment a little bit.

Unread 19-04-2018, 05:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Only utd fans can find fault in a 30 goal season player. Tell you what. He offers more than Ruud did as a team player and will score at a similar rate
He's well off Ruud's rate when comparing first seasons. And Ruud scored at a much better rate the following year. Big ask.

He needs to be aiming for 25 league goals at least each season. Not reaching that after 7/8 in the first six weeks is a letdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Rashford is not going to improve as a CF if he only starts 5 times a season in that role. He has all the tool to be exceptional, the type of rounded game that can elevate a team.

No reason for him not to get the remaining league games in that role, top 4 is secured, title is gone, may as well experiment a little bit.
Uh-oh

Unread 19-04-2018, 05:30 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

With respect that's not really true, Thierry Henry played largely as a left winger until he was 23 and went on to be a worldy striker. Ronaldo is one of the best goalscorers the game has ever seen and has played winger / inside forward for most of his career. Rashford is getting enough games for his age.

Martial deserves starts at centre forward more anyway and it's not even that close, other than the homer factor.

Unread 19-04-2018, 05:33 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
More than Lukaku shinning it into row Z? It's self fulfilling, he can only learn if trusted in the first place.

What a moment.

Unread 19-04-2018, 05:34 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
He offers more than Ruud did as a team player and will score at a similar rate
Utter %@#$&!s that btw.

Unread 19-04-2018, 05:37 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He's well off Ruud's rate when comparing first seasons. And Ruud scored at a much better rate the following year. Big ask.

He needs to be aiming for 25 league goals at least each season. Not reaching that after 7/8 in the first six weeks is a letdown.

Uh-oh
I suspect Lukaku would score a few more with Keane Scholes Beckham and Giggs supplying the ball, rather than watching Sanchez and Lingard trying to play one twos on the edge of the box for 90 minutes interspersed with Ashley Young overhitting crosses 3 yards beyond the back post and Valencia @#%&!ting it off the first defender for a corner.

Unread 19-04-2018, 05:39 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
With respect that's not really true, Thierry Henry played largely as a left winger until he was 23 and went on to be a worldy striker. Ronaldo is one of the best goalscorers the game has ever seen and has played winger / inside forward for most of his career. Rashford is getting enough games for his age.

Martial deserves starts at centre forward more anyway and it's not even that close, other than the homer factor.
Tbf both Henry and Ronaldo maintained that position arriving off the left for most of their careers. It suited them.

Rashford is far more of a natural no9 than either of them. He's alright off the left but as a pure striker I think his potential is frightening.

Also, he's not playing enough at the moment in any position. Last night was only his second league start of 2018.

Unread 19-04-2018, 05:41 PM
AK14

Didn’t Rashers play more as an attacking midfielder/No 10 in his youth days?

Unread 19-04-2018, 05:52 PM
Coracao

Quote:

Uh-oh
At least 25 league goals a season ? Barely any United players have done this in multiple seasons in United's history. Ruud included.

Unread 19-04-2018, 06:03 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Didn’t Rashers play more as an attacking midfielder/No 10 in his youth days?
Right winger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses
I don’t think so pal.
I remember him not scoring in 8 before we signed him and then not scoring in 10 or so after. People were getting twitchy.

Signed in 93 and scored 5 in 95.
Alright Glenn, hows Eileen nowadays?

Unread 19-04-2018, 06:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
At least 25 league goals a season ? Barely any United players have done this in multiple seasons in United's history. Ruud included.
Partly a reflection of the modern game, in which the main goal-scoring responsibility falls on one player rather than a pairing. Most of the recent title winners have had a striker scoring at a rate of far greater than one every two. Our rivals all have that spearhead.

But also a reflection of the way Mourinho sets us up with Lukaku such a focal point. If Lukaku isn't getting 25 I think we'll struggle.

Unread 19-04-2018, 07:19 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Netherlands*

I’m Trans-Dutch mate, I’d appreciate you treating me this way...
Do you wear frocks much??

Unread 19-04-2018, 07:20 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Do you wear frocks much??
I’m not coming your cellar RIC

Unread 19-04-2018, 07:21 PM
Albert Tatlock

Signed with Jay Z apparently (Roc Nation)

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/voetbal/b...land/1.3183193

Unread 19-04-2018, 07:55 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Partly a reflection of the modern game, in which the main goal-scoring responsibility falls on one player rather than a pairing. Most of the recent title winners have had a striker scoring at a rate of far greater than one every two. Our rivals all have that spearhead.

But also a reflection of the way Mourinho sets us up with Lukaku such a focal point. If Lukaku isn't getting 25 I think we'll struggle.
Whatever. I can't even be arsed.

Unread 19-04-2018, 08:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Signed with Jay Z apparently (Roc Nation)

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/voetbal/b...land/1.3183193
They have a sports agency at Roc Nation. I’m doubting it’s a record deal..

Unread 19-04-2018, 08:37 PM
sa7

Quote:
Would love nothing more than to see Rashers be the main man, but for me he isn’t quite ready. No doubting he’s improved massively over the past two years
Really?

Not sure he’s improved massively. Love the lad and still think he’s the future but I’m not sure he’s 2 years further forward in his development than when he broke into the first team.

I want to see him playing through the middle on the regular but it ain’t going to happen while we’ve got The Lump in the squad and Misery Guts managing the team.

Unread 19-04-2018, 09:13 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Whatever. I can't even be arsed.
ffs

Was on the edge of my seat.

Unread 19-04-2018, 10:13 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Really?

Not sure he’s improved massively. Love the lad and still think he’s the future but I’m not sure he’s 2 years further forward in his development than when he broke into the first team.

I want to see him playing through the middle on the regular but it ain’t going to happen while we’ve got The Lump in the squad and Misery Guts managing the team.
I honestly think so pal, I think the way he’s being used at the moment will do him good in the long run. Obviously you’d hope he’s given more opportunities as the main man next season or even as one of two up top.
Closed Thread