Closed Thread

Unread 25-11-2011, 10:28 AM
sluzz

Default Relocating the Singing Section to K Stand

Original post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyle
Would you be in favour of this?

Some people have contacted me with the following idea saying the Stretford End Tier 2 is too high up and hasn't been that good consistently in truth?

K Stand has been poor bar the odd game for years now but most people know of it's past glories and it has the big advantage of being closest to the away fans.

I'm prepared to approach the club if enough people (who attend games and would want to relocate to K Stand to be in the 'proposed singing section') are interested.
A resounding yes from the majority on RI. Boyle is currently gathering names and ticket numbers to approach the club.

Anyone who thinks it's a good idea give him your information (name & ticket number), alternatively PM the details to me and I'll forward them onto him.

Unread 25-11-2011, 10:32 AM
carlosartorial

Speaking as a long-term K-Stand ST holder and all-round miserable @#%&!:

No, absolutely not.

I'm not having some £#%&!ing 19 year old #@&%! from Telford imploring me to stand up and clap along to 'Build a Bonfire'.

Please, anywhere else in the ground but don't £#%&!ing mither me with your singy initiatives.

Unread 25-11-2011, 10:34 AM
sluzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial

No, absolutely not.

I'm not having some £#%&!ing 19 year old #@&%! from Telford imploring me to stand up and clap along to 'Build a Bonfire'.

Please, anywhere else in the ground but don't £#%&!ing mither me with your singy initiatives.
And people wonder why OT is so shit nowadays.

Unread 25-11-2011, 10:37 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluzz
You can't force an atmosphere to happen...there either is one or there isn't one.

Don't blame me.

Unread 25-11-2011, 10:38 AM
hopkins

Quote:
£#%&! off and support chelsea then

red @rmy

TBH, K stand can outdo Stretford end when it wants to.

I've always loved K stand, and had plenty of gurning moments to shut the away fans up.

I'nm with Carlo on this.

Child of Darkness

Quote:

No, absolutely not.

at high speed

what about an initiative to relocate pete boyle to another ground

Unread 25-11-2011, 10:39 AM
forwardirektion

Quote:
The fact that it needs a "singing section" is the problem not where it is you moron. Football is dead, deal with it.

red @rmy

Quote:

No, absolutely not.

good lad is fixers.

Withers

You sound ready for G Stand Carlo, it's time to make the move

Unread 25-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
£#%&! off and support chelsea then

great argument that

Unread 25-11-2011, 10:41 AM
sluzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
The fact that it needs a "singing section" is the problem not where it is you moron. Football is dead, deal with it.
No.

Unread 25-11-2011, 10:42 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
You sound ready for G Stand Carlo, it's time to make the move
Too expensive pal.

Unread 25-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Fountz

K Stand was always louder. Stretford appeared ( from a distance ) younger and more forced.

There, that's my 2p's worth

EDIT: Mind you, those fans in the corner between K and the South Stand are the tops. Always a great atmosphere in there !

Unread 25-11-2011, 10:45 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
No.
Fair play for trying but IT WONT £#%&!ING WORK.

Spend your time and energy lobbying with IMUSA and MUST the FSA and I dunno...the NFADs for a return to safe standing.

Unread 25-11-2011, 10:47 AM
forzagarza

As long as he campaigns to put the disbaled section at the top of NT3 and they remove the lifts I'm all for it.

My seat doesn't have a number but it's from Laura Ashley in white with a floral pattern

Unread 25-11-2011, 11:00 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Fair play for trying but IT WONT £#%&!ING WORK.

Spend your time and energy lobbying with IMUSA and MUST the FSA and I dunno...the NFADs for a return to safe standing.

Unread 25-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Child of Darkness

In fact all they need to do Is make it cheaper (as if) , and bring back standing - problem instantly resolves itself

those that wanna sing and chant and get all giddy - go in the stands

those that want to sit down , with a flask and a tartan blanket , perhaps a comforter, and moan about BEST/Olsen/david may/giggs/carrick go in the stands

Unread 25-11-2011, 11:02 AM
bored

Quote:
A resounding yes from the majority on RI. Boyle is currently gathering names and ticket numbers to approach the club.
Talk is cheap. Ask him how his southhampton protest went. That was another one they said they all supported. Well 98%.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4546491.stm

Unread 25-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
good lad is fixers.
Closed Thread