United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-03-2007, 01:22 PM
legendary saf

Default Ryan Giggs' 700th game is on Saturday

He had his 600th against the scousers in the 04/05 season, lets hope for the same result and well done to Giggsy.

Unread 01-03-2007, 01:38 PM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

A true United legend, not always given the credit he's deserved. Well done Giggsy!

Unread 01-03-2007, 02:01 PM
punk_football

yep, ive got my giggs flag ready for the lille game

Unread 01-03-2007, 02:05 PM
MUFC One Love

Hopefully he won't spend most of Saturday swaggering about with his hands on his hips playing in any position getting in the way.

Unread 01-03-2007, 02:41 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Hopefully he won't spend most of Saturday swaggering about with his hands on his hips playing in any position getting in the way.
Only took 3 posts I see.

Unread 01-03-2007, 02:43 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Come on mate, I know he can be frustrating at times but he is 33 now and not 23. Id gladly have him playing like this at 33 even if he plays in patches.

Unread 01-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
#@&%!

Unread 01-03-2007, 02:59 PM
legendary saf

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/6376845.stm

Unread 01-03-2007, 03:13 PM
MUFC One Love

Come on, he's a legend, but who else gets infuriated when he swaggers about all over the pitch getting in the way and putting his hands on his hips.

Unread 01-03-2007, 03:17 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Come on, he's a legend, but who else gets infuriated when he swaggers about all over the pitch getting in the way and putting his hands on his hips.
That's just a load of %@#$&!s.

Unread 01-03-2007, 03:19 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
That's just a load of %@#$&!s.
I'm sorry Bedders, but it isn't. He can be infuriating at time with shitty little flicks/passes and generally going all over the place, although that may be him being told do that that, but we lose our shape. At times we have him and Ronnie on 1 wing.

Unread 01-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Coracao

Quote:
He has been the best left winger in Europe consistently for the past 15 years you ungrateful cretin.

Not only has he been great going forward he is also the best winger at tracking back and helping out his full back. Seems to go unnoticed by some though.

Unread 01-03-2007, 03:20 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
£#%&!ing fantastic article. Never been a huge fan of Carlos, but he's spot on here:

Quote:
"So the best tribute we can pay to Ryan Giggs is not that he compares to Best or anyone. It is to say that he won the right to be Ryan Giggs."

One Love - Eric could be a lazy £#%&!er too. But like Ryan, he almost always did the business when we needed him most. £#%&!ing Legend!

Unread 01-03-2007, 03:21 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He has been the best left winger in Europe consistently for the past 15 years you ungrateful cretin.

Not only has he been great going forward he is also the best winger at tracking back and helping out his full back. Seems to go unnoticed by some though.
Yeah, I am a cretin for saying he is a LEGEND but at times he is INFURIATING doing things that he doesn't need to do, like wandering.

That's the problem with some people if you say something slightly differently suddenly you're a '@#%&!' or a 'cretin'.

Unread 01-03-2007, 03:23 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Yeah, I am a cretin for saying he is a LEGEND but at times he is INFURIATING doing things that he doesn't need to do, like wandering.

Have you watched many wingers in your life? Name one who works anywhere near as hard as Giggs or has been as consistent over even a short time let alone 16 years.

Unread 01-03-2007, 03:26 PM
MUFC One Love

Bedders, I know he does, but why does he float all over the pitch in big games sometimes, I thought he was awful at Arsenal, tbh. We wasted Rooney on the wing and played with 10 men basically. Maybe the coaches tell him to do that, I don't know, but it frustrates me, playing out wide would keep our shape, we lose it when he goes wandering and it ends in a sloppy lacking-creativity display.

Unread 01-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Skag Trendy

On another topic i didnt realise his brother played for turncoat FC

Unread 01-03-2007, 03:27 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Bedders, I know he does, but why does he float all over the pitch in big games sometimes, I thought he was awful at Arsenal, tbh. We wasted Rooney on the wing and played with 10 men basically. Maybe the coaches tell him to do that, I don't know, but it frustrates me, playing out wide would keep our shape, we lose it when he goes wandering and it ends in a sloppy lacking-creativity display.
Of course it's the coaches, you are blaming for something that is actually down to Fergie.

Unread 01-03-2007, 03:28 PM
MUFC One Love

I always feel we're at our best creativity wise when we keep our shape, the past few years we've struggled because it's just been one big mess with players all over the show.

Unread 01-03-2007, 04:01 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
I always feel we're at our best creativity wise when we keep our shape, the past few years we've struggled because it's just been one big mess with players all over the show.
I'd say Ronaldo was more guilty of that than Giggsy....

I'd have to say that all things being equal Ryan Giggs is the greatest Manchester United player of all time.
He's a £#%&!ing great, great player.
Of course he can be infuriating at times!...but when he's on his game & running with the ball he's the finest dribbler in world football. Fact.
He glides when he runs with the ball. £#%&!ing wonderful.

The fact that he's never come close to winning individual awards (apart from a couple of Young Player of the Year - a long time back now)...particuarly European Footballer of the Year (especially as Owen, 'Lamps' & co have had some joy in that area) is a crime against football.

I don't care who scores on Saturday as long as we win...but it would be nice for Giggsy to pop up with the winner.
Closed Thread