United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Old 02-03-2018, 12:11 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Yeah, I wasn't just referring to just us. I was referring to everyone. From the French team of the late 90s, to peak Messi's Barcelona, Bayern Munich of 2013, Spain in more recent times, along with us.

I don't recall the Cityesque love in with those teams. That's my point.

I also wasn't complaining of being unfairly treated. Literally no idea where you got that from at all
new to fred?

Old 02-03-2018, 07:05 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky***
i think with so many of europe’s top sides looking below par you’ve got to fancy them to do it.
what you mean is you want them to do it

Old 02-03-2018, 07:15 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
what you mean is you want them to do it
He's a football cuckold

Old 02-03-2018, 07:41 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by child of darkness
he's a football cuckold
voyeur

Old 02-03-2018, 08:23 AM
Jammy Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
The point is every fanbase behaves like they're being unfairly treated. During the best days of Fergie rivals had to live with watching and hearing about us being top dogs.
United got a mountain of negative press. Anything possibly negative about city either gets mostly igonored or spun into something positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
I know I'm a United supporter and all but, I've never heard ANY team or manager in world football, throughout my years, have their arse licked like this.

Not even us when we won the treble
Corrupt oil billionaires who run a country have a bit more sway than the typical club owner. And they’ve been working hard over recent years to get the media on side.

Last edited by Jammy Dodger; 02-03-2018 at 08:26 AM.

Old 02-03-2018, 08:25 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
United got a mountain of negative press. Anything possibly negative about city either gets mostly igonored or spun into something positive.
For now.

They're the breath of fresh air at the moment.

They'll put them on this ridiculous footing and be the first to slate them wjen they don't live up to it.

Old 02-03-2018, 09:27 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger

Corrupt oil billionaires who run a country have a bit more sway than the typical club owner. And they’ve been working hard over recent years to get the media on side.
As soon as we won the treble then got 20 pts clear the next January we got the Brazil/FA Cup debacle that we disrespected the FA cup having been coerced into helping England’s bid.

Liverpool, in their pomp could routinely go over the Ball with Souness and Case etc, pass [email protected] to Grobelaar and park the bus and still [email protected] radio, tv and press drooling all over them. Absolute Bollox it’s subjective.

It’s what they do. Their MO. Just not used to it in Britain and we swallow it. Italians used to say it in the 70s that England are too honest/naive and will never win anything until they wake up. Same in every sport. Oz cricket dirty tricks. Shittiest press in the world hold the most naive national teams to the highest benchmark. Time Liz brought you all to your senses with the birch, public stonings and hanging. Works for the Arabs. Admirable tbh.

Last edited by Denis Irwell; 02-03-2018 at 09:55 AM.

Old 02-03-2018, 09:38 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
The point is every fanbase behaves like they're being unfairly treated.
Yep. Like Watford.

Old 02-03-2018, 09:46 AM
RemisMoses

At least its not Liverpool, that's the only positive to take from it.

Old 02-03-2018, 10:32 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Yep. Like Watford.
Nobody likes Watford