United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-04-2017, 07:43 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It makes perfect sense.

If the Scousers finished in the same place as the previous season but insisted things were much better, we'd all laugh. Fact.
But the season hasn't finished .
There's a very real chance Mourinho could still finish 4th and win two major trophies.

Unread 26-04-2017, 08:44 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
But the season hasn't finished .
There's a very real chance Mourinho could still finish 4th and win two major trophies.
Maybe we should wait for that to happen and start a thread on that, rather than shot stats?

Unread 26-04-2017, 09:01 AM
saffers

Quote:
It makes perfect sense.

If the Scousers finished in the same place as the previous season but insisted things were much better, we'd all laugh. Fact.
You guys were laughing at scousers last year though even though it was patently obvious that Klopp had seriously improved them.

I wasn't laughing.

BTW we could finish 7th this year and still have shown enormous progression from the lvg years.

Unread 26-04-2017, 09:43 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Maybe we should wait for that to happen and start a thread on that, rather than shot stats?
Hey, don't blame me, I didn't start a shot stats thread. Just not sure why you're talking about where teams have 'finished' when there are a few games left.

Unread 26-04-2017, 10:07 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Siders is often getting pelters but all he's doing is holding up a mirror to some of the wildly inconsistent mother£#%&!ers on here.

Unread 26-04-2017, 10:16 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Siders is often getting pelters but all he's doing is holding up a mirror to some of the wildly inconsistent mother£#%&!ers on here.
Yet he's almost Abu towards the manager.

I've assumed he's on the wum for a good few months now.

Unread 26-04-2017, 10:35 AM
shenwen

Quote:
What's wrong with being inconsistent? Things change. Opinions change. Much better than sticking to a position regardless of the evidence to the contrary.

Unread 26-04-2017, 10:36 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Or- somehow ridiculously still defending LvG at all costs no matter how £#%&!ing boring or mental it makes him look, whilst at the same time dropping snides about the current regime, despite it being clear as day to anyone with half a clue that we've improved a @#%&!ing shitload?

Unread 26-04-2017, 10:36 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Yet he's almost Abu towards the manager.

I've assumed he's on the wum for a good few months now.
And he's not the only one. Embarrassing really.

Unread 26-04-2017, 10:58 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
*not a guarantee
Trophy in the bag. Everton could push us into sixth spot but were more likely to win the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
What's wrong with being inconsistent? Things change. Opinions change. Much better than sticking to a position regardless of the evidence to the contrary.
Spot on. Who'd have thought Tone would become the worlds best rb

Personally, coming around to Carrick slowing down. Huuuuge fan but.... Not so much his legs as is often touted but upstairs. He used to have his next pass sorted out before he received the ball (like Scholes) but now since he's been lvg'd instinctively looks for Dave after taking 7 touches. Love the lad but wish Jose would give him a shake and tell him the mad Dutch bastard has gone.

Unread 26-04-2017, 12:56 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
The season hasn't finished yet
exactly.

It's been a good 10 days for United but there's £#%&!ing loads of Football to be played yet.
This discussion will make more sense in a months time tbf

Unread 26-04-2017, 01:10 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Give over

Unread 26-04-2017, 01:22 PM
Sapien

Quote:
I do remember a certain excitable poster becoming very giddy when Mou replaced LvG and promising to be very vocal towards those who had been supportive of LvG about Mou's inevitable relative success...roll forward a year and he has been moaning about United week in week out

Unread 26-04-2017, 05:39 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
The £#%&! type of comparison is that?

Anyway I didn't say there hasn't been minor progress. But honestly I expect that whoever was in charge.

Of course we could still finish 3rd, which would be reasonable.
sad to see you reduced to this shite tbh

Unread 26-04-2017, 06:14 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Hey, don't blame me, I didn't start a shot stats thread. Just not sure why you're talking about where teams have 'finished' when there are a few games left.
Same difference. If a City fan told you they'd improved "a @#%&!ing shitload" this season despite battling in 4th again......

Quote:
Glad someone has the balls to say it

Throughout this stage of last season I was pessimistic about the Big Man (Black Rose avatar ) and consistently said, for all my backing, that it wasn't good enough to be battling for 4th place. Fast forward a year, another spend and a new manager, I'm saying the same.

Think a few are a bit desperate these days on the point-scoring if I'm honest.

Unread 26-04-2017, 06:45 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Sad but so true.

Bat shit crazy that people are actually angry about this.

Unread 26-04-2017, 07:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
Sad but so true.

Bat shit crazy that people are actually angry about this.
Indeed. I always thought forums were about an exchange of opinions. I guess I was wrong

Unread 26-04-2017, 07:03 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Indeed. I always thought forums were about an exchange of opinions. I guess I was wrong

you give up too easily

Unread 26-04-2017, 08:18 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Same difference. If a City fan told you they'd improved "a @#%&!ing shitload" this season despite battling in 4th again......

Glad someone has the balls to say it

Throughout this stage of last season I was pessimistic about the Big Man (Black Rose avatar ) and consistently said, for all my backing, that it wasn't good enough to be battling for 4th place. Fast forward a year, another spend and a new manager, I'm saying the same.

I think you've got a point tbf, there are double standards being applied.
But despite all the draws it just seems so blindingly obvious to me that things have improved I'm honestly surprised anyone would even question it. The players look happier and more confident, the football's better to watch.... I can't think of any single aspect that was better under Van Gaal. Couldn't care less about internet point scoring, because I'm not fourteen years old. It's just clear as day.

BUT - if this season ends with no top four, I'll be in agreement. That would be a disaster and a total embarrassment. It's just that it could also end with third place and two major trophies, which would be a brilliant first season.
There are 18 points left to play for and both city and Liverpool are both wobbly as £#%&!. Let's see.

Unread 26-04-2017, 08:37 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I think you've got a point tbf, there are double standards being applied.
But despite all the draws it just seems so blindingly obvious to me that things have improved I'm honestly surprised anyone would even question it. The players look happier and more confident, the football's better to watch.... I can't think of any single aspect that was better under Van Gaal. Couldn't care less about internet point scoring, because I'm not fourteen years old. It's just clear as day.

BUT - if this season ends with no top four, I'll be in agreement. That would be a disaster and a total embarrassment. It's just that it could also end with third place and two major trophies, which would be a brilliant first season.
There are 18 points left to play for and both city and Liverpool are both wobbly as £#%&!. Let's see.
I always thought improvements were inevitable. Especially after signing three top class talents and surely better luck with injuries, not to mention the freshness of a new regime. I'd have expected improvements no matter who the manager was, including Van Gaal. The main part of the season is still ahead of us, so for me will be crucial in assessing whether it's improved to the extent we all expected.

Certainly back in the summer a 4th/5th place tussle seemed below expectations, which we agree on. Tomorrow vital
Closed Thread