United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-02-2017, 02:00 PM
Sparky***

Default Super sunday other game

Looks like that Gabriel Jesus is going to be another "£#%&! me I wish he'd £#%&! off to spain" type player as one fredster just said to me.

Unread 05-02-2017, 02:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Looks like that Gabriel Jesus is going to be another "£#%&! me I wish he'd £#%&! off to spain" type player as one fredster just said to me.
what's your other log in?

Unread 05-02-2017, 02:02 PM
barca99

City once again showing united how to play

Unread 05-02-2017, 02:06 PM
Tumescent Throb

just shows how limited united's approach has been in the front line these last 3 seasons

whereas we'd still have everything working around the 9, these have sometimes got 3 'strikers' up against he centre backs within the width of the box and another player either side...

Unread 05-02-2017, 02:11 PM
Cream

Are we buying Aguero now?

Unread 05-02-2017, 02:13 PM
ZiggyStardust

Not a yellow card that apparently according to "impartial" former city left back Andy Hinchcliffe

Unread 05-02-2017, 02:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
just shows how limited united's approach has been in the front line these last 3 seasons

whereas we'd still have everything working around the 9, these have sometimes got 3 'strikers' up against he centre backs within the width of the box and another player either side...
Yeah who'd have thought City's £160m forward selection of Gabriel Jesus, Sterling, De Bruyne and Sane would turn out to be better than Rooney, Lingard, Rashford and a 35 year old Zlatan.

Unread 05-02-2017, 02:20 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Yeah who'd have thought City's £160m forward selection of Gabriel Jesus, Sterling, De Bruyne and Sane would turn out to be better than Rooney, Lingard, Rashford and a 35 year old Zlatan.
that is not a the reason for the difference in systems, whether your point is right or not.

Unread 05-02-2017, 02:24 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Not a yellow card that apparently according to "impartial" former city left back Andy Hinchcliffe
Tbf, not a penalty or a dive.

Unread 05-02-2017, 02:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
that is not a the reason for the difference in systems, whether your point is right or not.
my point is when you have a mixure of players who are past it (as in the case of rooney), not good enough just yet (as in the case of rashford) not good enough full stop (as in the case of lingard) or a bit old and static (as in the case of Zlatan)

don't be surprised when your forward line appears to be a bit of a mess. United's forward line is a mish mash of players who don't really compliment each other's style.

It's part of the reason their build up play is so toe-curlingly deliberate and slow and has been for about 2 years.

Unread 05-02-2017, 02:25 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
not just United though tbf
There seems to be a reasonably universal policy to do away with strikers.
Everybody these days either wants to be an 'Henry type' cutting inside from wide or playing 'in the hole'
Sick to £#%&!ing death of it tbh

Valencia gets a lot of unfair stick for his crossing, but it can't be £#%&!ing easy when no @#%&! even bothers to make a front post run or get in the 6-yard box.

Unread 05-02-2017, 02:25 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
not just United though tbf
There seems to be a reasonably universal policy to do away with strikers.
Everybody these days either wants to be an 'Henry type' cutting inside from wide or playing 'in the hole'
Sick to £#%&!ing death of it tbh

Valencia gets a lot of unfair stick for his crossing, but it can't be £#%&!ing easy when no @#%&! even bothers to make a front post run or get in the 6-yard box.
If they were there, would it matter? That @#%&! couldn't deliver a pizza

Unread 05-02-2017, 02:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Tbf, not a penalty or a dive.
he was booked for dissent ffs. the linesman grassed him up.

i'm not even there and i know that, which just shows how £#%&!ing shit TV commentators are.

Unread 05-02-2017, 02:30 PM
History

Quote:
he was booked for dissent ffs. the linesman grassed him up.

i'm not even there and i know that, which just shows how £#%&!ing shit TV commentators are.
Ahh, Didn't see that on the replay, it must of cut out at that point. It just looked like he got on with it

Unread 05-02-2017, 02:32 PM
andyroo

Quote:
my point is when you have a mixure of players who are past it (as in the case of rooney), not good enough just yet (as in the case of rashford) not good enough full stop (as in the case of lingard) or a bit old and static (as in the case of Zlatan)

don't be surprised when your forward line appears to be a bit of a mess. United's forward line is a mish mash of players who don't really compliment each other's style.

It's part of the reason their build up play is so toe-curlingly deliberate and slow and has been for about 2 years.
Martial?

He's the one difference to this paradigm but would appear to be being marginalised, which is frustrating.

Unread 05-02-2017, 02:32 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

united's forward line has operated with a very rigid 9 for 3 seasons.

it affects the positional play of everyone else in the side. it's not been as bad this season but it's still very much the case.

Unread 05-02-2017, 02:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Martial?

He's the one difference to this paradigm but would appear to be being marginalised, which is frustrating.
exactly. But it's also no good having Martial on the pitch if the other 3 forward players are all stood around like traffic cones. None of them compliment each other.

The closest we saw to that was against Wigan where there were actual signs of players moving the football about in some sort of harmony. but then, you know, it was £#%&!ing Wigan.

Unread 05-02-2017, 02:43 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
united's forward line has operated with a very rigid 9 for 3 seasons.

it affects the positional play of everyone else in the side. it's not been as bad this season but it's still very much the case.
yes it £#%&!ing has.
We've scored 33 goals ffs & are sitting in 6th place.
We're the lowest scoring team in the top 7 - comfortably.

Unread 05-02-2017, 02:46 PM
marlo

Jesus is how old again?

Same age as....

Unread 05-02-2017, 02:47 PM
jem

would be nice if our attacking play was as organised as being based around a rigid nine.
Closed Thread