United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-09-2016, 03:56 PM
Clarkie

Said it when we signed him it was a no brainer.

Bargain!

Unread 24-09-2016, 03:59 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Solid performance, and good to see his confidence unaffected after the poor display against City.

Won pretty much every one-on-one today, distributed really well, and was actually let down at times by an uncharacteristically sloppy game from Rashford.

Still want to see him in the number 6 role, ideally in a three with Pogba and Herrera. Could be the player to succeed Carrick long-term. A potential leader, too, which we don't have enough of.
blind @ 6 reds

Unread 24-09-2016, 04:05 PM
ScarFace

lb till tarts fit, then put blind next to Herrera

Unread 24-09-2016, 07:33 PM
AK14

Not ashamed to say I love the guy

#dreamboat

Unread 24-09-2016, 08:39 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
blind @ 6 reds
I'm in.

He offers so much in terms of allowing zestier players to thrive (Shaw and Pogba) and for me is a guaranteed starter.

Unread 25-09-2016, 03:22 AM
Baron

Best buy or the dark years. Won me over by virtue of having a football brain that makes his dad look like Harvey Price & doing everything so well.

Suitably impressed & should really be the defensive pivot if Carrick isn't starting. Ander & P-Dubz ahead with a combined box to box. Fluid.

Unread 25-09-2016, 12:49 PM
Denis Irwell

Always has to be him, Carrick or both, depending on oppo

No 6 ? Depends if left sided or right sided. - £#%&! all to do with defensive mid/attacking mid. FIFA boys

Unread 25-09-2016, 02:06 PM
utd99

Shaw has Blind on youth and speed, Blind is better at pretty much everything else.

I don't know how good Shaw can, or will, be, but at the moment Blind is a better left back; especially if we have two quick centre backs who can cover well.

Unread 25-09-2016, 03:09 PM
Red Al

Said it before but I'd still like to see bling covering the back four and pulling the strings for ander and poggers.(a sort of carrick role)

Unread 25-09-2016, 03:12 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Shaw has Blind on youth and speed, Blind is better at pretty much everything else.

I don't know how good Shaw can, or will, be, but at the moment Blind is a better left back; especially if we have two quick centre backs who can cover well.
I'd say Shaw is better in one on one situations too. Blind good, but Shaw better.

Blind might not be able to sprint into space like Shaw does, but his delivery is considerably better.

Adding Herrera, Blind and Mata to proceedings on Saturday improved the passing and delivery significantly. Sometimes it's the simple things. Good delivery from set pieces, set piece routines and good finishing.

Unread 25-09-2016, 05:06 PM
Red Santos

Thumbs up

Shaw is the all-round better full-back. Defends like a seasoned pro and still only 21yrs old.

Blind has the better left foot though. He can really wrap his foot around that ball and with time on the ball is capable of putting some magnificent crosses

Unread 25-09-2016, 07:20 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I'd say Shaw is better in one on one situations too. Blind good, but Shaw better.

Blind might not be able to sprint into space like Shaw does, but his delivery is considerably better.

Adding Herrera, Blind and Mata to proceedings on Saturday improved the passing and delivery significantly. Sometimes it's the simple things. Good delivery from set pieces, set piece routines and good finishing.
Blind is a better defender. Shaw may have quicker recovery, but Blind reads the game better so he is less likely to need pure speed. Mahrez drifted left after a while in an attempt to get a sniff. Excellent performance from a player I would have made man of the match.

Unread 25-09-2016, 07:23 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Blind is a better defender. Shaw may have quicker recovery, but Blind reads the game better so he is less likely to need pure speed. Mahrez drifted left after a while in an attempt to get a sniff. Excellent performance from a player I would have made man of the match.
Yep, he was excellent. Probably his best position.

He never seems to get any credit for winning his personal duels.

Kept Aguero, Kane, Lukaku quiet last season. Player of the year Mahrez got dick all out of him on Saturday.

Unread 25-09-2016, 07:25 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Kept Aguero, Kane, Lukaku quiet last season. Player of the year Mahrez got dick all out of him on Saturday.
We were constantly asked "what about when he comes up against XY or Z "

But he's dealt with most.

Easily....

Unread 25-09-2016, 07:27 PM
utd99

Quote:

It's the position he won Dutch player of the year from. Not easy for a full back to do ahead of all those goal scorers. Our best football of the last two years came when he was playing left back too. Obviously there was more to it, but he contributed a lot to that. He's a good, honest player who improves everyone around him and is easy to like.

Unread 25-09-2016, 07:28 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
We were constantly asked "what about when he comes up against XY or Z "

But he's dealt with most.

Easily....
Yep. Gets swept under the carpet. When he £#%&!s up its because he's 'not a defender'.

Unread 25-09-2016, 07:32 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Yep. Gets swept under the carpet. When he £#%&!s up its because he's 'not a defender'.
big difference between playing full back and centre back.......... Blind in my opinion is easily the best full back in the league. Reads the game so well from full back that he very rarely gets roasted, great passer and a lot of our moves start from him at full back, right now a lot better than Shaw...

Unread 26-09-2016, 09:58 AM
AK14

Future captain

Unread 26-09-2016, 10:32 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Future captain
It'll be Poggers. Discarded by Ferguson to captain of Man United lifting the CL.

It's meant to be.
Closed Thread