United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-05-2016, 08:33 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by blehbleh999
yippee its not just me
Why don't you try reading the forum sometime?

Mata gets a regular savaging on here, thread after thread, game after game, year after year.

I can just imagine had you been around two years ago-

'David Moyes isn't what he's cracked up to be. Call me names if you like but try disproving it with facts. You're all crazy for loving him'

Unread 23-05-2016, 08:34 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Eric
He was a really top player prior to coming to us and when we got him I was fecking buzzing big time. Unfortunately he's befallen of the Man U curse, it happened to Birtles, Brazil, Di Maria, Depay and of course Fellaini, to name but just a few, there's been plenty more. He has at times shown his class, but one game in five, or six at this level is simply not good enough.
Not really, he is pretty much the same player, with slightly inferior stats. He was not really a player to be overly excited by, clearly talented but the weaknesses in his game were already well known.

Unread 23-05-2016, 08:40 PM
blehbleh999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Why don't you try reading the forum sometime?

Mata gets a regular savaging on here, thread after thread, game after game, year after year.

I can just imagine had you been around two years ago-

'David Moyes isn't what he's cracked up to be. Call me names if you like but try disproving it with facts. You're all crazy for loving him'

mata also has people that like him and stick up for him, personally i have come across more of those, sorry if i don't read the forums as often as you would like

Unread 23-05-2016, 08:40 PM
Jethro

You missed 'it's Fergusons fault' from all that

Unread 23-05-2016, 08:46 PM
blehbleh999

not today

Unread 23-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Crumps

Plenty of end product when he's on song but unless he has Herrera and Valencia flanking and covering him he can be a hiinderence to our overall style of play.

Ridiculous strawman shite from the OP, thick c*** probably thought he'd had an original thought.

Unread 23-05-2016, 09:21 PM
75Red

I find your threads a bit strange.

Unread 23-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
There's a debate?

Love his attitude, but his time is up especially with Mourinho coming in, great way for him to end his career with that goal though

He probably should go back to Spain, in a total football side that doesn't require him having to trackback I still think he could be a useful assets, takes a mean free kick too, which we never quite made the most of

Unread 23-05-2016, 09:29 PM
suedeshoes

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Nobody cares what you think or whether you live or die.
Good place this

Unread 23-05-2016, 09:45 PM
sa7

Reckon Mourinho will give everyone a fresh start. Unlike when they were together at Chelsea, Mata is one of the senior heads in the United changing room and I would imagine he holds a bit of sway, particularly with the Hispanic boys.

I reckon it all depends on where he sees Rooney playing. I'd anticipate him using a 4-2-3-1 like he did at Chelsea. If he sees Rooney in the central role behind the striker then Mata doesn't get a look in. But if he wants Rooney playing deeper then I can see Mata being given the chance. Put a couple of speedy attackers either side of him and a mobile striker ahead then it can work out for him. But when the movement around him is as poor as its been at times the past couple of years, he doesn't have the physicality to really take things by the scruff of the neck, as Rooney did on Saturday when he bulldozed through the Palace back line.

Unread 23-05-2016, 09:49 PM
redhegemony

Given we need at least one centre back - another central midfielder- a right sided midfielder and possibly a striker and right back - replacing Mata is probably way down the list unless he can get some decent money for him.

Unread 23-05-2016, 10:10 PM
andyroo

This would be an ecumenical Mata

Unread 23-05-2016, 10:43 PM
Red Santos

Mr. Anonymous.

Comes across as a nice guy and intelligent but epitomises United going forward....lightweight and powderpuff

Unread 23-05-2016, 10:47 PM
Red Al

The groves are off for all the shit @#%&!s in our squad not just Mata.
There'll be no hiding place now for any of them from big Jose

Unread 23-05-2016, 11:34 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
The groves are off for all the shit @#%&!s in our squad not just Mata.
There'll be no hiding place now for any of them from big Jose
Especially the lemons

Unread 23-05-2016, 11:36 PM
armchair

the groves are off

Unread 23-05-2016, 11:49 PM
Stickman

One of the few we have that scores with any kind of regularity. Keep him in the squad just not an automatic starter, if wed paid 12m for him im sure people would be happy for him to go into squad rotation. Seems to me because we overpaid theres a large section want him moved on completely.

Unread 23-05-2016, 11:55 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
One of the few we have that scores with any kind of regularity. Keep him in the squad just not an automatic starter, if wed be 12m for him im sure people would be happy for him to go into squad rotation. Seems to me because we overpaid theres a large section want him moved on completely.
I can't see any way in the world he's here next season. Maybe leicester or back to spain.

Unread 24-05-2016, 12:36 AM
utd99

I doubt he'll be treated with kid groves.

Unread 24-05-2016, 03:46 AM
believe

Model professional who has been more effective that non effective in his time here. He's born to play good football and he's not had that opportunity for two years but still kept plugging away. Also, when you look at the shite he's had to play with for them two years it's lucky he's not just £#%&!ed the game off completely. Jose will have him and others firing on all cylinders next season and once he doesn't have to force play with shite like Lingard and Januzaj he will flourish once again.
Closed Thread