United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-05-2016, 04:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default West Ham

how come our games keep having such a big impact on events - either for them or for the united

i know we've got past them on a few fa cup runs down the years, and there's the famous 6-1 as well' but it always seems to go for them, not us...

86 robson pops his shoulder in march to finally kill off title bid
92 final nail
95 ditto
07 let them off the hook
16 collapse down there costs LVG his job

even shit like rooney swearing into the tv camera down there put him out of the s/f with city in 11 and just noticed us winning the cup has put them into europe next season

Unread 23-05-2016, 04:21 PM
Ashley's Grime

I hate those c***s. Easily my most hated London club.

They cancelled a womens game at Upton Park so they can say they beat United in the last game there. Small time @#%&!s.

Unread 23-05-2016, 04:27 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
92 final nail
I remember it being the Forest result before the West Ham game that did us in 92. Clearly remember the gut punch after that game but can't ever recall the wham one really. Think it was game over by then

Unread 23-05-2016, 04:35 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
I remember it being the Forest result before the West Ham game that did us in 92. Clearly remember the gut punch after that game but can't ever recall the wham one really. Think it was game over by then
It really wasn't, win that and we still had a terrific chance.

Fergie's comment about West Ham's performance that night being "obscene" was totally spot on - even Billy Bonds (their manager) looked embarrassed as £#%&! after

Unread 23-05-2016, 04:37 PM
Ashley's Grime

They'd already been relegated by the time we played them in 92 , but surprise, surprise they played their %@#$&!s off.

Unread 23-05-2016, 04:44 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
It really wasn't, win that and we still had a terrific chance.

Fergie's comment about West Ham's performance that night being "obscene" was totally spot on - even Billy Bonds (their manager) looked embarrassed as £#%&! after
Just checked the table. £#%&!ers, it was them

Unread 23-05-2016, 04:46 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
by trying to link essentially random events it would suggest that David gold has really got to you possibly by using subversive p***oraphy. I don't dare imagine what type of p***.
ah, the midget gobshite cockney @#%&! david gold. that @#%&!. i know the one.

Unread 23-05-2016, 04:55 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
I'm starting to wonder / be aroused at whether he did any midget lorn himself. Pls confirm

Unread 23-05-2016, 04:56 PM
Time For Heroes

The worst thing is that they lost two of their last three games and only because we won the cup did they qualify for Europa. So we end up doing them a favour despite their obscene efforts against us

Unread 23-05-2016, 04:57 PM
Switching Off

United have just won the cup.

We're about to announce Mourinho.

We're bidding for Varane.

We're signing £#%&!ing ZLAT!

But hey, lets moan about West Ham

Unread 23-05-2016, 05:04 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
United have just won the cup.

We're about to announce Mourinho.

We're bidding for Varane.

We're signing £#%&!ing ZLAT!

But hey, lets moan about West Ham
exactly, the £#%&!ing horrible cockney @#%&!s. sick of giving the @#%&!s a leg up now

Unread 23-05-2016, 05:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
sullivan is the midget, gold is the lanky bearded one.

Unread 23-05-2016, 06:01 PM
TheFatGoth

Let's not forget this either...

Unread 23-05-2016, 06:09 PM
Grimson

Not sure I follow this 'we did them a favour by winning the Cup' argument. We beat them in the 6th round on the way to winning the Cup. They possibly could have played themselves into the Europa & won a trophy along the way.

Unread 23-05-2016, 06:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Not sure I follow this 'we did them a favour by winning the Cup' argument. We beat them in the 6th round on the way to winning the Cup. They possibly could have played themselves into the Europa & won a trophy along the way.
it's not rocket science so not surprised it's beneath you tbh

Unread 23-05-2016, 06:36 PM
My Name is Keith

Walked out before the end, and before the trophy was lifted in 07 such was my disgust at letting them off the hook and not sending them down. Obvious that the team decided to go easy on them which is fair enough - but not given our history with the jellied eeled @#%&!s. How can any club experience 92 and not want to £#%&! them over?

Felt a bit daft as I went across the forecourt on my own whilst the cheers of champoinees were reverberating and I kept looking back to see if my actions had been noticed by anyone I could unload on. 'I'm £#%&!ing fuming mate - why have they not beaten those @#%&!s etc etc' but alas no - no one saw me leave and no one was remotely arsed that I had so a silent futile lonely long walk home was my champions celebration that year.

Unread 23-05-2016, 07:22 PM
Grimson

Quote:
it's not rocket science so not surprised it's beneath you tbh
We did them a favour by winning a Cup they could have won themselves if we hadn't beaten them in that same Cup.

That's even if we accept the idea that they wanted to be in the Europa in the first place.

Unread 23-05-2016, 07:47 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
We did them a favour by winning a Cup they could have won themselves if we hadn't beaten them in that same Cup.

That's even if we accept the idea that they wanted to be in the Europa in the first place.
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...-a3249561.html

Unread 23-05-2016, 08:13 PM
Grimson

Quote:
The proof is in the teams he picks when they play in the thing, not in a self-serving 'Look what a good job I've done' quote.

Unread 23-05-2016, 08:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
The proof is in the teams he picks when they play in the thing, not in a self-serving 'Look what a good job I've done' quote.
not really thought about west ham's potential europa league group stage team selections if i'm honest...

imagine they'll try and do enough to get through and then take it seriously once that's done unless they're going for 3rd place like spurs...

just hope we don't draw them in spring when we're pushing for the title
Closed Thread