United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-08-2009, 08:30 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
My pic quality isn't the best. Is that Matt James in midfield, number 4 I think.

Whoever it is, looks like he could play the game spinning on his #@&%!.
That's the one. Looks a bit quicker than he was today too.

Unread 17-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Whalefish

Is it 1-0 Bolton?

Unread 17-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Wez

half time

0-0

Unread 17-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
half time

0-0
£#%&!ing hell, need to sort my eyesight out.

Unread 17-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Eikrem looks as though he has grown a fair bit.
Ole keeps saying he's going to be a fabulous player, he's just a late developer.

Unread 17-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Wez

£#%&!ing hell, Paddy thinks Toshack is having a good game (Tosic )

Unread 17-08-2009, 08:43 PM
LucaBrasi

Bit of a non-event really.

Keeper and Cathcart look very composed, James and Eikrem obviously have a good pass in them, Kiko and Welbeck look quiet. Worth pointing out that bolton are playing Hunt, Samuel, Shittu, Riga etc...
I worry about Tosic. He just always looks a bit average. I've got a mate who reckons hes ITK, and says the actual tosic price was a lot cheaper than first thought and helped sweeten the deal for Llajic, who could have gone to italy.

then again my mate reckons he's going to escape paying his student loan by declaring himself bankrupt

Unread 17-08-2009, 08:44 PM
dunk

Showing the Academy now.

Ravel Morrison is going to be a big @#%&! on top of his talent. Need to get a grip of him and keep him on the straight and narrow.

Unread 17-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaBrasi
Bit of a non-event really.

Keeper and Cathcart look very composed, James and Eikrem obviously have a good pass in them, Kiko and Welbeck look quiet. Worth pointing out that bolton are playing Hunt, Samuel, Shittu, Riga etc...
I worry about Tosic. He just always looks a bit average. I've got a mate who reckons hes ITK, and says the actual tosic price was a lot cheaper than first thought and helped sweeten the deal for Llajic, who could have gone to italy.

then again my mate reckons he's going to escape paying his student loan by declaring himself bankrupt
Nicky Hunt, aged 25 he's been around for sometime !

Unread 17-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Whalefish

I maintain that Tosic will be a decent squad player and that's probably it. Which is no bad thing.

I don't think Utd would have signed a player to get another tbh. He was signed on merit for me and going off Fergie's comments preseason they like how he's come on since arriving. It's taken a while but patience is often required.

Unread 17-08-2009, 08:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
I maintain that Tosic will be a decent squad player and that's probably it. Which is no bad thing.

I don't think Utd would have signed a player to get another tbh. He was signed on merit for me and going off Fergie's comments preseason they like how he's come on since arriving. It's taken a while but patience is often required.
That's my thoughts. Some players need a bit longer than others to show their worth.

Unread 17-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Whalefish

I think Fergie's expecting too much from Macheda this season. Think we'll see more, and get more, from Wellbeck. Think the former will get some games, and goals, but I don't know about him being 4th choice striker in this squad atm.

Unread 17-08-2009, 08:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
I think Fergie's expecting too much from Macheda this season. Think we'll see more, and get more, from Wellbeck. Think the former will get some games, and goals, but I don't know about him being 4th choice striker in this squad atm.
Maybe. I reckon he's a bit short of match fitness though, he's not played much since asia.

I'm thinking James will force himself into the squad as the season progresses. He has everything.

Bolton should've scored then.

Unread 17-08-2009, 09:08 PM
dunk

Josh King on for Tosic
Sam Hewson on for Welbeck
Gray on for Cathcart.

Hewson is an interesting one, goalscoring midfielder.

I like the look of Josh King, big, powerful and quick forward.

Unread 17-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Wez

Evans got away with that handball

Unread 17-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Wez

Get in

Unread 17-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Wade

KIKOOOOOOO

Unread 17-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Wez

Thumbs up

Full Time

1-0 Kiko

Unread 17-08-2009, 09:39 PM
dunk

Good ball in from Eikrem, Quality run and 1st header, excellent reaction for the 2nd header from Macheda. He's a definite goal getter.

Very impressed with Josh King. A genuine threat from the moment he came on the pitch.

Impressed with Eikrem, who has never really stood out that much for me in the past, and obviously, Matt James.

Some top young players at United. Life is good

Edit: What a £#%&!ing ace trophy

Unread 17-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Mark Corrigan

Thumbs up

Superb header. No pace on the ball had to generate it all himself and bulleted it right in the corner, great stuff
Closed Thread