United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
you cant blame the fans really.

they need to be inspired by what they are seeing on the pitch. good entertainment and players that capture the fans imagination.

that was near enough our strongest team out there yesterday. all of the 'big guns' we have were on show yesterday.

our best two wingers, our best two strikers and our best midfielder(apparantly).

if thats not a scary thought, i dont know what is.
it was the same when we had ronaldo scoring 42 goals in a season. it's modern football supporters. the atmosphere was better years ago when we were getting behind no so exciting teams so your argument has no basis.

Unread 17-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

they need to be inspired by what they are seeing on the pitch. good entertainment and players that capture the fans imagination.

that was near enough our strongest team out there yesterday. all of the 'big guns' we have were on show yesterday.

our best two wingers, our best two strikers and our best midfielder(apparantly).

if thats not a scary thought, i dont know what is.
You sure?

Vidic? Rio? Edwin?

Unread 17-08-2009, 11:34 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You sure?

Vidic? Rio? Edwin?
jesus wept. honestly a keeper and two defenders.

Unread 17-08-2009, 11:35 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I know, what have they got to do with football.

Unread 17-08-2009, 11:36 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Default Marlo

who is this 'we' you speak of?

Unread 17-08-2009, 11:36 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I know, what have they got to do with football.
hardly players that are going to make us more exciting.

Unread 17-08-2009, 11:37 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
hardly players that are going to make us more exciting.
Not unless you understand the concept of team no.

Did you think yesterday was worse than the 0-0 against reading on the opening day 2 years ago by the way?

Unread 17-08-2009, 11:38 AM
magic_cantona

So, let me get this straight.

World class players make you less exciting?

Unread 17-08-2009, 11:39 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Did you think yesterday was worse than the 0-0 against reading on the opening day 2 years ago by the way?
Maybe Anderson started?

Sparky***

Quote:
Last time I checked they were part of our strongest team.

Your argument is that we won't be as effective up front this season, that we will struggle to score goals at vital times in tight games. I understand why you're saying this, it's a natural conclusion you'd jump to given the players we've sold.

We could have made yesterday more emphatic, but we missed a couple of good chances and Birmingham actually played well at times. Unfortunately, manchester united are rarely afforded the luxury of playing against a half-arsed team - unlike a certain team from north london on saturday.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Maybe Anderson started?
He didn't.

Unread 17-08-2009, 11:40 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

I wanted to kill the stupid, noisy @#%&!.

Don't get me wrong , I don't join in that often nowadays. And I resolutely sit down and look angry whenever I'm asked to "Stand up for the Champions".

But I'm nearly 40.

But there's just no getting away from it, our home support is poo.

Unread 17-08-2009, 11:40 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

Stop talking shit.

Unread 17-08-2009, 11:41 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
He didn't.
I meant in the Reading game....never mind.

Unread 17-08-2009, 11:41 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I meant in the Reading game....never mind.
So did I?

Unread 17-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Withers

To be fair if somebody had told you 2 years ago that on the first day of the season, O'Shea would be captain, Fletcher would be our best midfielder and Micheal Owen was up front you would assume we had done a Leeds.

Unread 17-08-2009, 11:43 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
To be fair if somebody had told you 2 years ago that on the first day of the season, O'Shea would be captain, Fletcher would be our best midfielder and Micheal Owen was up front you would assume we had done a Leeds.

Fact!

Unread 17-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers

It is never ever boring being a United fan

If evans doesn't make wednesday it'll be evra, oshea, brown and fabio....

Unread 17-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Sparky***

My favourite piece of bullshit media commentary yesterday was from Jonathon pearce on MOTD2

Rooney crosses..."Valencia! Would Ronaldo have hit that first time? Probably."

And in the very same breath..

"It's unfair to compare Valencia with Ronaldo."

£#%&!ing #@&%!.

Unread 17-08-2009, 11:46 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

Don't get me wrong , I don't join in that often nowadays. And I resolutely sit down and look angry whenever I'm asked to "Stand up for the Champions".
Oh god, tell me about it. I just usually grimace and look at the floor to avoid being confronted with a view the fat arses of the intellectual giants sat in front.

Sometimes, in games like yesterday, it's hard to muster the enthusiasm to stand up for corners.
Closed Thread