United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-08-2009, 10:06 PM
dunk

Default MOTD is on now...

Arsenal 1st up.

nice goal from denilson. WTF is Bendtner number 52? What number was he last year?

Unread 15-08-2009, 10:08 PM
originalhogg

Has evertons shirt gone for old 85 retro look?

Unread 15-08-2009, 10:08 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Arsenal 1st up.

nice goal from denilson. WTF is Bendtner number 52? What number was he last year?

Unread 15-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Switching Off

26, but he changed it, something to do with his lucky number

Unread 15-08-2009, 10:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
26, but he changed it, something to do with his lucky number
Fifty £#%&!ing two?

WTF has Saha done to his hair?

Has the world gone mad?

Unread 15-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Whalefish

Sweet mother of god, Everton for Fabregas's second.

Unread 15-08-2009, 10:13 PM
originalhogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
They werent interested at all!

Unread 15-08-2009, 10:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Those last three words were pretty £#%&!ing redundant based on what I've seen.

Unread 15-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Whalefish

They walked through the game. Really strange showing from them. No heart or effort at all.

Unread 15-08-2009, 10:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
They walked through the game. Really strange showing from them. No heart or effort at all.
You wonder if the players want Lescott to stay, or if they would rather they got shut and actually tried strengthening the squad for once.

Unread 15-08-2009, 10:17 PM
dunk

Chelsea are 'favourites' for the title according to Linekar.

Have they not been favourites on the opening day for the last 4 seasons now

Unread 15-08-2009, 10:18 PM
denis lawless

Tribute shirt

too much of this kind of stuff these days.....just play the £#%&!in game and pay your respects in private.....

Unread 15-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You wonder if the players want Lescott to stay, or if they would rather they got shut and actually tried strengthening the squad for once.
I said before if Citeh have offered 18/20million, providing Kenwright will let him have the cash, sell. He could bring in a defender or two and add a bit of magic to the midfield.

In fact, Rodwell could come through for Lescott couldn't he and Baines remain at left back? Latter did make some good runs for them today, nice delivery but no £#%&!er on the end of them.

Is Yakubu still injured? Must start for them when fit IMO.

Unread 15-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Switching Off

i said this earlier in the week but I fancy Arse to do well this season. Just quietly going about their business while everyone writes them off. They'll finish 3rd imho.

Unread 15-08-2009, 10:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
I said before if Citeh have offered 18/20million, providing Kenwright will let him have the cash, sell. He could bring in a defender or two and add a bit of magic to the midfield.

In fact, Rodwell could come through for Lescott couldn't he and Baines remain at left back? Latter did make some good runs for them today, nice delivery but no £#%&!er on the end of them.

Is Yakubu still injured? Must start for them when fit IMO.
I don't think they have signed anyone as yet. They've been linked with some good, solid players, some young talent and Senderos, yet none have arrived. They have lost 4 or 5 players from last season's squad, which was too weak. So you would think they would be gasping for the transfer funds. I admire them for sticking to their guns though.

I think Yakubu is training and has appeared in a friendly or two, some way off match fitness though, I think. Nasty injury the Achilles.

Unread 15-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Whalefish

How much money is Ballack on? Will spend most of the season coming off the bench, doing little in games, looking German and generally being an all round #@&%!end.

Was a great player in Germany, took the easy option over here and I don't think we've seen him get to his level yet. Does he even want to now? What a @#%&! he is.

Unread 15-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Wez

£130,000 a week

Sums things up.....

Quote:
Michael Ballack says he can't afford a house in London, despite earning more than £6million a year at Chelsea.

The Germany skipper has moaned about property prices in the capital, despite the fact he's paid a whopping £130,000 a week by the Premiership champions.

Ballack moved to Stamford Bridge from Bayern Munich on the summer on a lucrative Bosman free transfer.

But according to The DS, he's told a German newspaper that his huge income still doesn't enable him to get his dream house.

He's believed to have initially set his heart on a six-bedroom home with a pool, either in the capital or near Chelsea's training ground in Cobham, Surrey.

But after being told it would cost him a cool £4million, he settled for renting instead.

He said: "London is extremely expensive. It's better to rent. My family and I have found a house in Wimbledon."

Ballack also complained about the number of speed cameras on British roads.

But he added: "Luckily I have found out where they all are near me."
http://www.modernghana.com/sports/10...d-a-house.html

Unread 15-08-2009, 10:35 PM
dunk

Quote:
How much money is Ballack on? Will spend most of the season coming off the bench, doing little in games, looking German and generally being an all round #@&%!end.

Was a great player in Germany, took the easy option over here and I don't think we've seen him get to his level yet. Does he even want to now? What a @#%&! he is.
He's shown flashes, particularly towards the end of the 07-08 season. Played well within himself for the vast majority of his time here.

Pisses me off as he is exactly the type of player our midfielder has been crying out for, for about 3 years imo. Maybe longer.

Tevez. Fat little @#%&!.

All that money spent, and Ireland is still their best player.

Unread 15-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Whalefish

Was closely marked by Fletcher in one our games last season. Shows how highly Fergie rates him IMO.

Unread 15-08-2009, 10:38 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Will spend most of the season coming off the bench, doing little in games, looking German and generally being an all round #@&%!end.
Closed Thread