United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-08-2009, 11:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Apologies, it's almost certainly been mentioned before, but Obertan has a weird shaped head.
And appears to be snatching Rooney's crown () as the United Champion of premature baldness.

Unread 14-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
And appears to be snatching Rooney's crown () as the United Champion of premature baldness.
I was quite down on the Obertan signing. I have since been put in my place by the GP trainee I have working for me (French and a Lyon nut). The lad's supposed to very good, with bags of potential, but needs to crack on now - believe in his ability were his exact words.

I'll tell him I'll bttt this post if he's right and the lad is actually any good.

Unread 14-08-2009, 11:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
I was quite down on the Obertan signing. I have since been put in my place by the GP trainee I have working for me (French and a Lyon nut). The lad's supposed to very good, with bags of potential, but needs to crack on now - believe in his ability were his exact words.

I'll tell him I'll bttt this post if he's right and the lad is actually any good.
I've only seen the youtube footage of him, but he seems to have the raw materials required, tall, rangey, very quick, huge head etc... to be the next Henry.

Bellion's head was always a little on the small side to truly become the next Henry.

Unread 14-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Whalefish

That and he had a shit first touch.

Unread 14-08-2009, 11:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
That and he had a shit first touch.
Well, yeah, that too.

Seriously though, I have high hopes for Obertan and for some reason have it in my head that he will end up playing centrally. A bit pissed off we haven't seen him as yet.

My only worry is the mental thing alluded to by Blanc and the fact Bordeaux let him go so cheaply, seems strange.

Unread 14-08-2009, 11:54 PM
Whalefish

I try and look at like this, we have a large squad and can afford to take time nurturing potential. Bordeaux can't. A cash offer was made and they took it to reinvest.

Of course, it could be that he's not that good but hopefully he'll be given time and we'll see where he is in a year or two.

Unread 14-08-2009, 11:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
I try and look at like this, we have a large squad and can afford to take time nurturing potential. Bordeaux can't. A cash offer was made and they took it to reinvest.

Of course, it could be that he's not that good but hopefully he'll be given time and we'll see where he is in a year or two.
I'm hoping the first one. That and they weren't sure how to get the best out of him so thought they'd let United have a go, doing the player and Fergie a favour at the same time.

Shame he isn't Left footed though.

Really looking forward to Ljajic arriving, and Diouf, to a lesser extent. Going to be an interesting and exciting season.

Just hope Hargreaves returns sooner rather than later
Closed Thread