United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:36 AM
toseeunited

Exclamation Berbatov deal done £30.75M +pics in the shirt-complaint dropped - Campbell on loan 1 season to Spurs

link: http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news...eal020909.html and http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={F9E570E6-407E-44BC-800F-4A3110258114}&newsid=6617336

4 year deal number 9 - this lad is going to be special in the shirt!!

Manchester United are delighted to announce the signing of Dimitar Berbatov.

The Bulgarian international striker, 27, has signed a four-year contract after joining from Tottenham Hotspur for an undisclosed fee.

As part of the deal, United striker Fraizer Campbell will spend the rest of the 2008/09 season on loan at White Hart Lane.

Upon becoming a United player, Dimitar told ManUtd.com: "Joining Manchester United is a dream come true for me. I look forward to playing my part in helping this club win more honours in the years to come."

Sir Alex Ferguson was delighted to finally capture the elegant striker and admitted: "This is a key signing. Dimitar is one of the best and most exciting strikers in world football.

"His style and ability will give the team a different dimension and I’m sure he will be a popular player with the fans."

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Se...entId=82621528

Manchester United deal

The Club can announce that it has reached agreement with Manchester United for the permanent transfer of Dimitar Berbatov for a fee of £30.75m. As part of the settlement the Club has agreed not to pursue its official complaint to the Premier League.

The deal sees Fraizer Campbell coming the other way on a season long loan. Campbell, 20, spent last season on loan at Hull City where his goals played a pivotal role in the Tiger's promotion to the Premier League.

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:38 AM
Captain Platitude

Giant money. Don't bother me tho. He's going to be an immense Manchester United player.

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:38 AM
Bral

£#%&!ing brilliant

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:39 AM
MUFC One Love

He got some reception then, he's gonna be special for us and loved by the fans.

That was a proper reception he got leaving the ground.

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:39 AM
S/Side.Red

The Campbell deal is a very good one from our point of view if we've avoided them having an option to make it permanent. Great opportunity for the lad.

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:41 AM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
The Campbell deal is a very good one from our point of view if we've avoided them having an option to make it permanent. Great opportunity for the lad.
Absolutely. Made me feel slightly better about paying over 30 mil for Berbie. A year's experience at a club like Spurs will be absolutely wonderful for the lad. Shows Fergie still sees a future for him at United too I suppose.

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:42 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yep, good business, and evidence that Spur got £#%&!ed off for all the strikers they approached and were desperate.

A Top player and a years experience at the top level for one of our young up and coming stars. Bonus.

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:43 AM
khmk

cant £#%&!ing wait to see him in the shirt.

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:44 AM
Sloppy

Wig?

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:44 AM
Ether

Upon becoming a United player, Dimitar told ManUtd.com: "Joining Manchester United is a dream come true for me. I look forward to playing my part in helping this club win more honours in the years to come."

Sir Alex Ferguson was delighted to finally capture the elegant striker and admitted: "This is a key signing. Dimitar is one of the best and most exciting strikers in world football.

"His style and ability will give the team a different dimension and I’m sure he will be a popular player with the fans."

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:45 AM
MUFC One Love

He'll be walking out at Anfield in the new blue shirt, of course, it won't phase him.

toseeunited

Manchester United are delighted to announce the signing of Dimitar Berbatov.

The Bulgarian international striker, 27, has signed a four-year contract after joining from Tottenham Hotspur for an undisclosed fee.

As part of the deal, United striker Fraizer Campbell will spend the rest of the 2008/09 season on loan at White Hart Lane.

MUFC One Love

The pics of him with the shirt should be out soon.

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:46 AM
S/Side.Red

The other good aspect of it is that Spurs seem to have £#%&!ed up with most of their attacking targets, so Campbell should get plenty of opportunities there, before January anyway. Pretty much just Pavlyuchenko and Bent for competition in the striking department.

Lou_Macari_Chippy

Big money, big pressure, lets hope he fits in. Wonder who's place he'll take? someone is going to get less playing time now thats for sure.

Season starts....now!

Bral

Thumbs up

Berbatov: "Joining Manchester United is a dream come true for me. I look forward to playing my part in helping this club win more honours in the years to come."

Fergie: "This is a key signing. Dimitar is one of the best and most exciting strikers in world football. His style and ability will give the team a different dimension and I’m sure he will be a popular player with the fans."

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Ether

Still can't believe we've been taken to the tune of £31m, especially as Spurs were obviously absolutely desperate. How the £#%&! have they managed it.

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:48 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Big money, big pressure, lets hope he fits in. Wonder who's place he'll take? someone is going to get less playing time now thats for sure.

Season starts....now!
It doesn't work like that though. At big clubs there is so many games, and every 'big' player gets pretty much equal games. Tevez is a great example, left on the bench for a lot of big games in the 1st half of the season, 2nd half of the season he started them all.

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:49 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Still can't believe we've been taken to the tune of £31m, especially as Spurs were obviously absolutely desperate. How the £#%&! have they managed it.
It is a lot, but let's not forget it won't be £31m up front.

Unread 02-09-2008, 12:49 AM
Bral

Kin ell United don't waste time - "Pocket Berbatov - download your own mini Berba to your mobile"
Closed Thread