Zoran Tosic 15 18.29%
Antonio Valencia 69 84.15%
Gabriel Obertan 12 14.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 20-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Aloe Blacc

Default 4 players to start in midfield

Pick 4, lets see what is fredtissue's ideal United midfield starting 4 based on what we've got.

For me

Nani Fletcher Carrick Valencia

Unread 20-08-2009, 11:51 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
Pick 4, lets see what is fredtissue's ideal United midfield starting 4 based on what we've got.

For me

Nani Fletcher Giggs Valencia

Unread 20-08-2009, 11:51 AM
believe

anderson giggs carrick park

Unread 20-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Coracao

Quote:

For me

I'd go along with that.

Not really groundbreaking though, I suspect most people would currently say the same.

Unread 20-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Stubbsy

Nani Fletcher Giggs Valencia

Unread 20-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Withers

Nani Fletcher Giggs Valencia.

As I write it I realise we are £#%&!ed this year.

Unread 20-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Serenity Now

D. Anderton - Fletcher - Robbie Coltrane - Dick Jones

Unread 20-08-2009, 11:56 AM
MUFC One Love

I would honestly give Gibson a run in the side, he has improved so much and doesn't seem to go under, like a certain midfielder we have who has no %@#$&!s.

Unread 20-08-2009, 11:57 AM
hopkins

Hargreaves?

Unread 20-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I'd go along with that.

Not really groundbreaking though, I suspect most people would currently say the same.
If we pick it every week it will see results

Obviously it will not be of the same quality of the one consistently fielded in our last real seaason of consistently fluent football in 06/07;

Giggs Carrick Scholes Ronaldo

Because in Scholes and Ronaldo you had the 2 best players in the league that season and both playing the seasons of their life.

Giggs was great too but I think Nani could do even better and Carrick's learnt a lot since then though I still don't think he has the balls to progress from a top class player to a world class one. Has nothing to do with his miss yesterday, it was actually more of a save. But a view based on his 3 yrs here, its a pity he wont progress to world class as the potential is there.

Fletcher is there as a reward for his excellent displays last season, should he be a long term United regular though in a 442? I dont think so, which is why we need another midfielder NOW.

And if I didnt believe in Nani, id say bring another midfielder in aswell, but hes earnt his shot. Lets just hope we dont regret keeping faith in some of these. We must finish top 3 this season.

Unread 20-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
Hargreaves?
Who?

Unread 20-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:

For me

This one

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Aloe Blacc

Thumbs down

Haha, this poll is starting to reflect what we all think.

Too many players as it stands are just good players, or Carrick who is just top class and our best midfielder.

None stand out , this is why the poll will be very even.

3 years ago, you'd know for sure who your 4 were. You could argue Sir Alex is partly to blame for the lack of progress Anderson and Nani made last year after their great debuts, they should have stayed in the team every week and been in much better shape to be counted on as first team regulars this year.

We are £#%&!ED.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Ginners

nani fletcher giggs valencia

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:02 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Haha, this poll is starting to reflect what we all think.

Too many players as it stands are just good players, or Carrick who is just top class and our best midfielder.

None stand out , this is why the poll will be very even.

3 years ago, you'd know for sure who your 4 were. You could argue Sir Alex is partly to blame for the lack of progress Anderson and Nani made last year after their great debuts, they should have stayed in the team every week and been in much better shape to be counted on as first team regulars this year.

We are £#%&!ED.

He can't even make the England team.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion

He can't even make the England team.
Gareth bloody Barry plays ahead of him. The joke is on England.

It's amusing to see a bad night in Rome and a poor performance at Wembley a couple of weeks back means Carrick is suddenly average.

Very short memories.

Who do you suggest we play, Darron £#%&!ing Gibson? Could someone explain why that useless clown is on the bench yet never comes on, surely we're better off with a young attacking option on the bench instead...

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:05 PM
marlo

park
gibson
scholes
tosic

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:07 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
nani fletcher giggs valencia
only them and Scholes have looked 1st teamers so far.

Did someone say Gibson in the thread?

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Did someone say Gibson in the thread?
mufc wum love did.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Coracao

Thought Obertan may have had more votes
Closed Thread