United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-07-2009, 10:21 AM
marlo

Default barcelona send off eto'o with a touch of class while welcoming 'the king'...

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/engli...723107701.html

Quote:
Thank you, Samuel

Roger Bogunyà
The third highest goalscorer in Barça is leaving. But he can walk out the front door after five years at the club, winning almost everything on offer including last year’s memorable treble.
It is time to say goodbye and thank you to Samuel. The Cameroonian striker, came to the club from Mallorca and is now headed for Inter Milan. In his five seasons, he has scored 130 official goals, making him the third highest goalscorer the club has ever had. Only César (235) and Kubala (196) top his record.

Important goals

Eto’o will never be forgotten, not only for his character and dedication, but also his goals, many of which have proven decisive. Whenever called upon, he would respond, as he did in the final in Paris against Arsenal, where he scored the equaliser, or in Rome, where he opened the scoring against Man United (2-0).

Eight titles

Those goals meant two Champions league titles for Barça (2005/06 and 2008/09). But they were not the only wins for Eto’o in his time at the Camp Nou. He was also involved in the conquest of two leagues (2004/05, 2005/06 and 2008/09), a Copa del Rey (2008/09) and two Spanish Super Cups (2005/06 and 2006/07).

On an individual level, he was also top league goalscorer in 2005/06.

Setting standards

Samuel Eto’o came to Barça when Frank Rijkaard was manager. He was always a regular starter, playing both midweek and at weekends, and producing a constant flow of goals. He totalled 130 in 200 official outings, and average of 0.65 a match. Whether under Rijkaard or Guardiola, the African was always the main target man for all five years.

Exemplary attitude

His goals were the result of his tremendous attitude. He never stop wanting to win more and more. His winning spirit and the huge demands he made of himself drove him though difficult situations, such as serious injuries that affected his seasons in 2006/07 (when he was injured against Bremen) and 2007/08 (when he was injured in the Gamper, against his future club Inter). But on both occasions he marked his return in the best possible way – by scoring goals.

To bid farewell, he also scored for Barça in the Champions League final and in the last game of the league season, at Riazor. Thank you, Samuel.

and then as they upgrade....the king flies in.....

a deal worth £38m + eto.

Unread 27-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Ginners

the la liga will be class next season

Unread 27-07-2009, 10:22 AM
wiganste

Wow

Unread 27-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Chorlton74

Henrik Larsson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ibrahimovic.

and that's the quintessential truth......................ruth.

Unread 27-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Sandman

Unread 27-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Sparky***

I hope ibrahimovic realises his potential at barcelona. Stops being such a big game bottler.

Unread 27-07-2009, 10:30 AM
marlo

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...454614,00.html

Quote:
Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola has indicated that the capture of Zlatan Ibrahimovic will not be the club's final piece of business this summer.

The Catalan giants look set to tie up an agreement for Swedish star Ibrahimovic on Monday, with the striker currently putting the finishing touches to his move from Inter Milan.
Having secured an historic Treble last season, and with few players offloaded from that squad, it would appear that there is little call for an overhaul at Camp Nou.

Guardiola, though, is keen to freshen up his side and admits that he remains in the market for potential new recruits.

"I don't think he (Ibrahimovic) will be the last player we sign," the Barca boss said after watching his side beat Al-Ahly 4-1 in the Wembley Cup on Sunday.

"We are going to try and get someone else.

"We don't know for sure if it will happen because it is hard to sign good players but we will try.

"It will be in a different position, we want to sign good players for every position."

Speculation continues to suggest that Barca could move for Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano, with the Argentine openly admitting that he would welcome the opportunity to take on a new challenge in Spain.
if barca get masceano...

their midfield / forward line..

mascreano

xavi ------------- iniesta

messi ------------- henry

zlatan

total football!!!

Unread 27-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

if barca get masceano...

mascreano

zlatan

total football!!!
who?

Unread 27-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Sloane

Quote:

if barca get masceano...

mascreano

zlatan

total football!!!
toure and busquests are much better on the ball than mascherano

Unread 27-07-2009, 10:39 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
yep looking at that team, they really need someone better on the ball in midfield and not just a protective shield

i also disagree. neither of them are as good on the ball as mascherano. he is very underrated.

Unread 27-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Sloane

Quote:
yep looking at that team, they really need someone better on the ball in midfield and not just a protective shield
well if you wanted 'total' football wouldnt you want the best at playing with the ball

Unread 27-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Ginners

Quote:
yaya was class against spurs the other day, but mascherano is miles better overall

Unread 27-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
yaya was class against spurs the other day, but mascherano is miles better overall
that run he did for the goal was good

Unread 27-07-2009, 10:44 AM
d_knight

their treble looks shit compared to ours.
was the european cup always this small or did it shrink?

Unread 27-07-2009, 10:44 AM
TravellingRed

When I read the title of the thread I thought Cantona or Law had been dragged out of retirement

Unread 27-07-2009, 10:45 AM
marlo

Quote:
that run he did for the goal was good
"I'm coming here with the qualities everyone knows I have.

"I play a skilful game, as Barca do and I want to do as well as I have done at Inter.

Unread 27-07-2009, 10:45 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight

their treble looks shit compared to ours.
was the european cup always this small or did it shrink?
eto is standing up mate.

Unread 27-07-2009, 10:47 AM
borsuk

http://barcelonafans.org/forums/6.aspx

Unread 27-07-2009, 10:48 AM
d_knight

Quote:
eto is standing up mate.

well at least st mickey's taller then

Unread 27-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Hugh Jardon

Marlo

Your adoration for the big swede with an arabic name is just plain £#%&!ing tedious

Go somewhere else

This is a United forum - I am a United fan

You are an oxygen thief - a broadband burglar

Go take your Zlatan £#%&!fest some place else
Closed Thread