United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-06-2009, 05:01 PM
koppas

Red face Without your red tinted specs on...

how do you think the Berties will do next season if, as expected, they spent £200m this summer?

I know it takes time for a team to settle but, as Chelsea showed, it CAN be done. Not saying they will win the title, that will never happen, but does anyone else think they will realistically break into the top four this season?

Having already signed Gareth Barry, Tevez will probably end up there, there is talk of Ze Roberto going there now and a big defender will probably sign, do you reckon they will have a decent season next season?

Barry, Robinho, Tevez, Ze Roberto, Ireland () - they have the foundations there for a pretty decent side.

Unread 03-06-2009, 05:02 PM
armchair

They'll probably make europe. Not the cl though.

Unread 03-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Pop

6th place. At best.

Albert Tatlock

With Hughes ?

They might scrape a Waffer cup slot, nothing more. Sparky won't get them to where they want to go.

naes_sean

relegation.

can't take these specs off.

Unread 03-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Sloppy

Why the smilie next to ireland?Hes a good player.

Jez Quigley

Default It's city

they'll get relegated on goal difference thanks to an own goal by Mickey Doyle.

Ginners

i think if they continue to spend well they have a realistic chance of 4th, for me arsenal are about to capitulate, adebeyor going, fabregas good chance of going, and the next generation of arsenes wonderkids are pretty shit with the exception of vela and walcott

Unread 03-06-2009, 05:14 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
i think if they continue to spend well they have a realistic chance of 4th, for me arsenal are about to capitulate, adebeyor going, fabregas good chance of going, and the next generation of arsenes wonderkids are pretty shit with the exception of vela and walcott
Yup.

Arsenal need to spent about £70m this summer to get a decent enough squad to cement their 4th place spot and I can't see Arsene, or the Arsenal board, actually sanctioning that.

Unread 03-06-2009, 10:14 PM
HarkNowHear

I'd like to err

Unread 03-06-2009, 10:15 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
I know it takes time for a team to settle but, as Chelsea showed, it CAN be done.
I disagree with this, I keep hearing it and have since their new owners took over. Chelsea were a CL club and when they won the title etc the spine of their team were already at Chelsea before Abramovich took over.

Unread 03-06-2009, 10:17 PM
wiganste

8th.

Unread 03-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
I'd like to err
Thank you Peter Barnes

Unread 03-06-2009, 10:22 PM
marlo

it will be the season after next where we will see a city that will be there or there abouts.(top 4 i mean)

slowly the overall quality of the squad is going up.

barry and de jong in midfield
bellamy, ronaldinho, bridge.. and maybe tevez.

as you can see slowly the averahe quality puts then around that 7th to 10th spot.

next summer if the arabs are still about they will add one or two 'biggish boys' and one greedy top striker will go there.. (anelka perhaps)

they will be sniffing at top 4 in 10/11.

the great thing about them is hughes is in charge and hasn't got a clue.
when you build a team you have a vision.
Alladyce for example wanted to rebuild newcastle by making them hard to beat and real dogs of war then would slowly improve them but the fat fans didn't like it.
does hughes even have a vision? what sort of football do you associate with him?

Unread 03-06-2009, 10:23 PM
The Mull

The [SIZE="1"]massives eh, don't give a flying £#%&!, as long as we @#%&! them home and away, the straw clutching useless @#%&!s A club whose supporters seem to care more about our results says it all

Unread 03-06-2009, 10:24 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
Thank you Peter Barnes
Thanks William, driving me mad tryng to work out who it was

Unread 03-06-2009, 10:25 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
The [SIZE="1"]massives eh, don't give a flying £#%&!, as long as we @#%&! them home and away, the straw clutching useless @#%&!s A club whose supporters seem to care more about our results says it all
In a nutshell Geraldine.

Unread 03-06-2009, 10:25 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
it will be the season after next where we will see a city that will be there or there abouts.(top 4 i mean)

slowly the overall quality of the squad is going up.

barry and de jong in midfield
bellamy, ronaldinho, bridge.. and maybe tevez.

as you can see slowly the averahe quality puts then around that 7th to 10th spot.

next summer if the arabs are still about they will add one or two 'biggish boys' and one greedy top striker will go there.. (anelka perhaps)

they will be sniffing at top 4 in 10/11.

the great thing about them is hughes is in charge and hasn't got a clue.
your uncle got a box at the boo camp too?

Unread 03-06-2009, 10:28 PM
redmike

They will fight it out with spurs for sixth spot.

Unread 03-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
They will fight it out with spurs for sixth spot.
in all seriousness i think it will be either city or spurs who finishes 4th
Closed Thread