Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Mark Vivien Foe?
rptd

Unread 06-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
je ne comprends pas
im implying that Marlo's comments were intended to get a raise out of some...

Antonin wouldn have bit.

Unread 06-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Don Stuarte

Marco van Basten

Cant even remember the last time he pulled on the Milan jersey

Sicknote @#%&!

Unread 06-08-2009, 04:07 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
im implying that Marlo's comments were intended to get a raise out of some...

Antonin wouldn have bit.
not really.

i love ole but he came back and it was like he was running with his feet in quick sand.

Unread 06-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
not really.

i love ole but he came back and it was like he was running with his feet in quick sand.
He looked well past his best, but to score the goals he did was a huge bonus that season, he broke 10 which I certainly never expected anyway.

Unread 06-08-2009, 04:11 PM
marlo

Quote:
He looked well past his best, but to score the goals he did was a huge bonus that season, he broke 10 which I certainly never expected anyway.
league goals? no way.

Unread 06-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Coracao

Quote:
league goals? no way.
7 in the league, 11 in all.

Unread 06-08-2009, 04:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
saha wasnt that bad looking back at it.
If anything, Saha was more frustrating. He didn't have many long-term injuries, just constant short-term ones or reoccurrence of his knee problem. He'd be out for a few weeks, come back and play a game or two and look great, then do something else. The amount of times he'd fail to appear on squad lists at the last minute or returns were delayed. By far the most frustrating player in terms of fitness I can remember at United, mainly because when fit he was such an excellent player. At least when someone's out for six months you don't expect them back. With Saha you just never knew when he'd show up.

Unread 06-08-2009, 04:27 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
If anything, Saha was more frustrating. He didn't have many long-term injuries, just constant short-term ones or reoccurrence of his knee problem. He'd be out for a few weeks, come back and play a game or two and look great, then do something else. The amount of times he'd fail to appear on squad lists at the last minute or returns were delayed. By far the most frustrating player in terms of fitness I can remember at United, mainly because when fit he was such an excellent player. At least when someone's out for six months you don't expect them back. With Saha you just never knew when he'd show up.
agree on saha.
what about a 'teaser' like gary neville who was always just 10 days away...

what happen in laarson was bizarre, it was like he(saha) went on strike.

Unread 06-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Gazw649

Hargreaves.

Unread 06-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Stickman

Quote:
agree on saha.
what about a 'teaser' like gary neville who was always just 10 days away...

what happen in laarson was bizarre, it was like he(saha) went on strike.
Pretty much. Im sure he was fit but just being left out of squads....

Didnt SAF mention his mentality for the run in being a concern around the time?

Unread 06-08-2009, 04:34 PM
marlo

Quote:
Pretty much. Im sure he was fit but just being left out of squads....

Didnt SAF mention his mentality for the run in being a concern around the time?
he was quite miserable on the pitch as well.

always looking he had just got news of a family member passing away in the changing room before coming out.

Unread 06-08-2009, 04:37 PM
dunk

Fergie wanted to give Saha a break as he had a niggle or two, brought in Larsson, started him against Villa in the cup, and that was it, Louis seemed to see his arse big time and wasn't fit again that season I don't think. Madness.

Having said that, he's having the same struggles at Everton.

Ferguson referred to Saha as needing 'to believe in his own mind that he is 100% fit.' as I recall, which everyone interpreted as him being a bit soft/mad/without testicular fortitude, which led to the fans sort of turning on him. Later on it turned out he was injured but our 'medical' staff couldn't diagnose him correctly.

Shit situation really.

Unread 06-08-2009, 04:39 PM
marlo

our chief medical doctor probably has a 'c' at gcse p.e. and joined united straight out of school.

Unread 06-08-2009, 04:41 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
he was quite miserable on the pitch as well.

always looking he had just got news of a family member passing away in the changing room before coming out.
Yep, he was always a confidence player. I recall Evra saying in an interview he was constantly having to encourage him and tell him he was good enough to play for United. I remember a year earlier when Fergie was trying to £#%&! Ruud off and playing Saha ahead of him, he said he was leaving Ruud out because Saha's form had meant dropping him could mean he "loses the player" mentality. Basically, he said when someone (especially Saha) is playing out of their skin, you can't just cast them aside. Saha was shit hot for the first half of 06/07, then Larsson came in and Louis was promptly dropped to the bench which, sure enough, seemed to have quite an effect on his confidence.

Unread 06-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Stickman

Quote:
our chief medical doctor probably has a 'c' at gcse p.e. and joined united straight out of school.
and is only currently here on placement

Unread 06-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yep, he was always a confidence player. I recall Evra saying in an interview he was constantly having to encourage him and tell him he was good enough to play for United. I remember a year earlier when Fergie was trying to £#%&! Ruud off and playing Saha ahead of him, he said he was leaving Ruud out because Saha's form had meant dropping him could mean he "loses the player" mentality. Basically, he said when someone (especially Saha) is playing out of their skin, you can't just cast them aside. Saha was shit hot for the first half of 06/07, then Larsson came in and Louis was promptly dropped to the bench which, sure enough, seemed to have quite an effect on his confidence.
I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did, the £#%&!ing femme.
Closed Thread