United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-06-2009, 11:27 PM
taff

6th at best, mid-table at worst.

that mong tony cascarino was in the times today talking about city's "prospects".

Quote:
Was Gareth Barry right to take the money at Manchester City?

Tony Cascarino, ex-professional

Of course he is; he has won the lottery

Footballers like joining ambitious clubs because ambitious clubs have lots of money. Gareth Barry will be earning about £100,000 a week at Manchester City and he deserves every penny. By putting his signature on a piece of paper, he has set himself and his family up for the rest of their lives and there will be more world-class footballers following him this summer to the biggest cashpoint machine in the world at the City of Manchester Stadium.

City are going to do what Blackburn Rovers did in the Nineties and what Chelsea did when Roman Abramovich arrived at Stamford Bridge six years ago - they are going to blow everyone else out of the water. If you want to beat the big boys on the pitch, you have to splash the cash and no one has more money than City's owners.

Mark Hughes wanted a midfield player and money can't buy Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard, so what did he do? He went out and bought the third-best English midfield player in the Barclays Premier League. City will be the biggest spenders in the transfer market this summer and he is exactly the kind of player they need.

Blackburn didn't win the title in 1995 by going out and signing Roberto Baggio and Paolo Maldini, they signed Chris Sutton and David Batty.

Robinho is the icing on City's cake, now they need players such as Scott Parker and Brede Hangeland to make them hard to beat. Hangeland says he's happy at Fulham, but all it will take to make him unhappy is a quick phone call from City.

Barry came close to joining Liverpool last summer but he was only going to end up in one place once City decided that they wanted him. Some Aston Villa supporters have been moaning that Barry is taking a step backwards, but I would be amazed if City are not very close to breaking into the top four by the end of next season.

Barry has hit the jackpot and I don't know any player outside the top four clubs who would not jump ship if City came calling. There was a big outcry when Peter Shilton became the first player to be paid £3,000 a week in the 1981-82 season, but he still ran into financial difficulties later in life.

I know 15 or 20 players from my days who are finding it hard to make ends meet. I'm not expecting you to feel sorry for them, just don't blame Barry for grabbing the chance of a lifetime with both hands.
i think keith curle has got his hand up tony's arse and is making his lips move.

Unread 03-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Part 36 Offer

Have a side that can compete consistently, especially from February onwards, is not about how many good players you have in your team. That shower of shit will be lucky to make the top 8 imo.

Unread 03-06-2009, 11:42 PM
wonky no

city will start off with a home win against villa 2-0.

they will play wolves in their first away game and lose 3-1

hughes will get sacked and tony adams will announce that he's favourite to take over only to be pipped at the post by hiddink who will take them to FA cup glory and a 6th place finish in the league.

Unread 03-06-2009, 11:48 PM
MrBishi

4th place red specs or not - no matter how much money they spend, they're still city for ffs.

Unread 04-06-2009, 12:01 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
6th at best, mid-table at worst.

that mong tony cascarino was in the times today talking about city's "prospects".

i think keith curle has got his hand up tony's arse and is making his lips move.
Cascarino = oxygen thief.

Unread 04-06-2009, 01:48 AM
Sandman

Relegated. It's the city way.

Unread 04-06-2009, 03:05 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulgarianSpectator
I don't think for one second Hughes has the experience that Eriksson has
Is it really a matter of opinion, or could we simply compare their managerial CVs and come to an indisputable conclusion?

Unread 04-06-2009, 07:54 AM
Albert Tatlock

Does anyone honestly think that City could finish above United, Poo, Chavs and the Arse ?

I can't see them or anyone else breaking that top four yet.

Arsenal are the weakest of the four at the mo, but I can see Wenger putting something together next season to ensure a top four finish.

Unread 04-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Barksdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
it will be the season after next where we will see a city that will be there or there abouts.(top 4 i mean)

slowly the overall quality of the squad is going up.

barry and de jong in midfield
bellamy, ronaldinho, bridge.. and maybe tevez.

as you can see slowly the averahe quality puts then around that 7th to 10th spot.

next summer if the arabs are still about they will add one or two 'biggish boys' and one greedy top striker will go there.. (anelka perhaps)

they will be sniffing at top 4 in 10/11.

the great thing about them is hughes is in charge and hasn't got a clue.
when you build a team you have a vision.
Alladyce for example wanted to rebuild newcastle by making them hard to beat and real dogs of war then would slowly improve them but the fat fans didn't like it.
does hughes even have a vision? what sort of football do you associate with him?
When did he sign?

Unread 04-06-2009, 11:03 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Relegated. It's the city way.
Finally, someone who understands the issue.

Unread 04-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Don Stuarte

If they can get above the mighty Fulham or the "Big Four" dont clean up the Cups they will get into the Europa League
Closed Thread