United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-11-2009, 08:00 PM
rebelcountyred

Default Re: Lyon v Liverpool.

scousers to win 3-1, turn the corner etc and their lovable fans will be the talk of europe for their passionate rendition of ynwa.

Unread 04-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Whats the deal here? Do liverpool Have to win? Is a draw good enough?
Table is this atm I believe;
Lyon 9
Fiorentina 6
Liverpool 3

Away to Lyon today, if Liverpool lose theyll be 9 pts behind Lyon and 6 pts behind Fiorentina with 2 games to play, Fiorentina face Debrecen tonight in Florence.

Fiorentinas head to head record as well as goal difference is better than Liverpools so if Liverpool lose and Fiorentina win its game over for them. Its not like theyll win the league either but it would allow them to concentrate on getting 4th place but to be fair, spurs and Citeh dont have any european distractions themselves.

Unread 04-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Whats the deal here? Do liverpool Have to win? Is a draw good enough?
Quote:

Under-fire Benitez stays positive Benitez 'very pleased' to be at Liverpool

Rafael Benitez is determined to remain as Liverpool boss and believes his side will help his cause by overcoming their problems in the Champions League.
Defeat to Group E leaders Lyon on Wednesday would leave the Reds all but out of this year's competition but Benitez is remaining defiant.
"I'm very pleased to be here and I wish to be here for a long time," he said.
"The players are strong enough for this challenge. The mentality is good, and they are determined to win."
Referencing Liverpool's famous "You'll Never Walk Alone" anthem, Benitez added: "When you walk through a storm with your head high, I will try to keep it high."
A seventh defeat in eight games would be something Liverpool have not experienced since Bill Shankly's appointment as manager, 50 years ago on 1 December.

Lyon, with three victories already, need one point to qualify for the last 16, while Liverpool have never lost three successive European Cup games in their history.
He even managed to £#%&! up his shameful YNWA quote.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ol/8341456.stm

Unread 04-11-2009, 08:05 PM
taff

they'll win this. draw at the least.

Unread 04-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
Table is this atm I believe;
Lyon 9
Fiorentina 6
Liverpool 3

Away to Lyon today, if Liverpool lose theyll be 9 pts behind Lyon and 6 pts behind Fiorentina with 2 games to play, Fiorentina face Debrecen tonight in Florence.

Fiorentinas head to head record as well as goal difference is better than Liverpools so if Liverpool lose and Fiorentina win its game over for them. Its not like theyll win the league either but it would allow them to concentrate on getting 4th place but to be fair, spurs and Citeh dont have any european distractions themselves.
Assuming Fiorentina win.

Unread 04-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Pop

Apparently Insua has a bad back and had to stand for the entire plane journey to France

Unread 04-11-2009, 08:09 PM
otbarney

I'd like the vermin to finish 3rd, so they go into the Europa "for teams who are not very good" league.
Then they can get knocked out of another competition.

Unread 04-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Sparky***

here's hoping that Torres ruptures his hernia or something and ends up being out for 3 months.

Unread 04-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Walter Sobchak

So much for all their injury problems!

Reina, Carragher, Agger, Kyrgiakos, Insua, Kuyt, Lucas, Mascherano, Benayoun, Voronin, Torres

3 - 2 win for Lyon for me fancy a bet on that!

Unread 04-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Spiffy

I'm loving the way the media are pointing out consistently that Liverpool are shit. It's a shame they are giving them excuses all the time with injuries but I bet it's painful watching for the wallpushers.

Unread 04-11-2009, 08:32 PM
denis lawless

i want them humiliated 5-0.....but i dont want them to have an easy title run in due to no european fixtures....and i dont want Fatty to get sacked if they go out....

£#%&!, i dont know what i want

apart from pizza face breaking down and being out for 3 months

Unread 04-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
i want them humiliated 5-0.....but i dont want them to have an easy title run in due to no european fixtures....and i dont want Fatty to get sacked if they go out....

It's a tough one, I said about the Liverpool -United match that we were win-win. We lost so they've not sacked him. Tonight I hope for a few red cards, injuries and disallowed Liverpool goals. Anything to piss them off. If they lose their beloved manager great. If Rafa stays and carries on ruining them, great. Just enjoy them falling apart.

Unread 04-11-2009, 08:36 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless

apart from pizza face breaking down and being out for 3 months
They will not sack him. They can't afford to. He signed a 5 year contract this year.

Unread 04-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Sparky***

Have ITV been mentioning how much the Lyon support shit all over Liverpool's 'special' european atmosphere at Anfield?

Unread 04-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Switching Off

Scouse love in continues I see.

So called experts like Townsend saying he expected Liverpool to challenge this season. Was it just Fredsters who saw that they had their chance and were going downhill?

Unread 04-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Have ITV been mentioning how much the Lyon support shit all over Liverpool's 'special' european atmosphere at Anfield?
Theyve mentioned them beating us about 6 times.

Unread 04-11-2009, 08:44 PM
History

"We've heard that the liverpool players are playing you'll never walk alone in the dressing room"

Why no shirt sponsors?

Unread 04-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Sparky***

"it calls for one of those Liverpool special occasions"

Okay, now call me biased but when did the modern Liverpool become so synonymous with gutsy comebacks and turning unwinnable situations around?

It's surely not all off the back of that one result nearly 5 years ago, is it?

In the 80's if I remember rightly, they made their way in europe by seeing teams off at anfield and then 'doing a job' away from home by hanging on for a narrow defeat or doing a smash n grab.

So where has this 'special liverpool result needed' idea come from?

Unread 04-11-2009, 08:46 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
"We've heard that the liverpool players are playing you'll never walk alone in the dressing room"

Why no shirt sponsors?
booze advertising is banned in france i think, either that or a spotaneous scouse boycott for some as yet undisclosed reason

Unread 04-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Spiffy

Liverpool's shirt looks pretty cool. I am aware that it's a Liverpool shirt.
Closed Thread